Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on December 14, 2013
Everything came in good shape, and as described. We are novices, but in the first few days we're already having fun with the camera, and it's taking nice looking pictures. The tripod was all black (not chrome and black as pictured... but it actually looked nicer in all-black in my opinion).

Note: I bought the add-on 4 year warranty. Initially I was displeased as when I went to register it, it would only allow for the camera itself to be covered (and not the entire package, which was upsetting because warranty pricing was based upon the bundle price). I left negative feedback with the seller, and within 2 days they called, and offered to cover the entire bundle. If you buy the protection, I recommend calling the seller, and not registering on-line initially (as the on-line set-up currently only allows you to register one item, and one item only).
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
Sept 9th '13
It's been a month I am using this camera. Wanted to let you know few more things about this camera:
(a) Pics in the day time are sharp and smooth. U won't ask for anything better.
(b) Controls are pretty easy to understand. Just go to any photography website and look for what experts have to say about the settings.
(c) the camera with 18-55 lens feels very light weight.
(d) Fits in your hands just perfectly, and each and every button is at perfect place; be it the exposure controller, flash etc.
(e) Liked the cleaning kit, though i did not and will not use the liquid to clean lenses. Liked the small tripod (other than the big one that came with the package), which u can keep on a table and shoot.
(f) 32Gb memory card is good to have.
(g) 55-300mm lens works great as it is supposed to be.

(a) 55-300 mm lens is pretty heavy, and it is supposed to be.
(b) UV protectors are okay to have.
(c) Tripod looks okay to me. I won't be taking it to trekking trips, so i don't care.
(d) Extra battery is okay to have. Really didn't feel the need yet.

(a) Camera bag looks cheap and is build quality is not at all good.
(b) Watch out for the memory card. Mine went bad in a few days, and then i got it replaced by the seller.
(c) Card reader can't get worse. I threw it in the dustbin, the second day.
(d) Screen guards are cheap. DO NOT TRY them on ur camera screen.
(e) "Focus DVD"... I don't know what that is.

If you can... look for a deal with camera + 18-55mm lens + 55-300mm lens ONLY. Rest all is crap. I gave a 5 star only for the camera, nothing else.

August 25th '13
I am an amateur at digital photography and this is the first time i bought a DSLR. I had been to Best Buy and the salesperson there gave me detailed insights into 3 digital cameras... The Nikon D5200, Canon (forgot the model) and the Sony Nex. He said that he personally feels that the Nikon is the best of the 3 with lot more options and things to learn as an amateur and ease of use. Then I went to Ken Rockwell's website ([...] to see his comments and he says that D5200 is the best entry (+) level DSLR currently in the market, and after few discussions with my colleagues and friends I had come to a conclusion that I am gonna go for it. I ordered a D5200 on Amazon to be fulfilled by 47th Street Photo. I was gravely disappointed not at the camera but at 47th Street Photo, since they delivered me a camera with no US warranty, supposed to be sold in some other country. I got a replacement with 7-8 days though.
Ken Rockwell, suggested few camera settings for low light (to increase the ISO sensitivity) and few more here and there, using which i got really awesome sharp shots. I personally feel, that this is an awesome camera for beginners.

NB: Do not forget to check the warranty of the electronic item you buy. The sellers sometimes ship items without any warranty and supposedly to be sold in some other country, because they get them dirt cheap and buyers sometimes do not care or out of ignorance do not check the warranty of the items. If you do not have a valid US warranty, the manufacturer WILL NOT SUPPORT in case there is a defect in your item. Companies suffer huge losses because of gray marketing of products, making the product costlier as a step to cover losses.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2013
This is the best bundle deal you can find !!!

-Nikon D5200 is one of the best cameras our there in this price range.
-The Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX NIKKOR Zoom Lens is fantastic !!
-A great bundle for a beginner.

- Not an original Nikon battery but works great with the camera.
- The tripod is not very strong.
- The screen guard quality is not good. Would prefer not to use this.

An amazing bundle for a beginner for a very good price. You can buy a wireless remote control
AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon D3000, Nikon P7000, D40, D40x, D50, D5000, D5100, D60, D70, D7000, D70s, D80, D90 and select Digital SLR Cameras to go with this.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
Love this camera ! Great pictures ! There us an excellant tutorial on You Tube that guides you through all the settings and extras !
Easy to use even if you are camera challenged like me!
on September 9, 2013
This is a great deal just for the D5200, both lenses, memory and extra battery. Everything else is just extra goodies.

The camera is insane. I haven't had anything but a point-n-click since high school. I won't be going back. This camera, even on automatic settings, makes me a pro. Quick settings get you pretty much any great shot at the flip of a dial, even if you're no cameraphile. The auto-focus is flippin' brilliant; fast, easy to figure out, and dead-on.

If you're going to keep it in a case and protected, the D5200 is your camera. If you're going to be in the elements, you'll want the D7100 -- same basic camera, just more weather resistant. But it also costs about $1k more.

I'm stuck on the 55-300 lens that came with this camera, and it's really why I bought this package. I haven't even put the standard 18-55 on it, yet, and I've had the camera for months, now. The 55-300 gives incredible depth of focus, and being able to get super-top-notch-quality candids (especially of my 2-year-old) makes it ideal. Amazing in low light, too.

The 32 Gig card holds a metric crap-ton of pics. And the extra battery is great to have, and lasts forever. The case is OK for what it is, and it'll fit pretty much everything from this kit, minus the tripod. But it was too clunky for me, so I bought an Ape case that'll hold the camera with the 55-300 on it, an extra battery and the charger -- it's all I really need to carry around.

Only downside is that the UV filters don't fit on either lens. So that's a waste. I'd really like filters on to protect the lens, so I guess I'll have to find a local store to purchase proper ones. If the filters would've fit, I would've gone 5-stars.
on August 4, 2013
I was given this camera kit as gift for my birthday and father's day. I had plans to take a lot of photos during July when I got my package early July. However, the body of the Nikon d5200 was DEFECTIVE! I was surprised that a defective product should have been mailed to a customer without making sure the product was working!!!!
After having mailed back the defective Nikon body I was told by 47th Street Photo that I had to mail back the empty box the Nikon camera came in before they may process my order! So, I had to mail them the EMPTY BOX at my own cost ($7.50).
I am very upset that I have not been able to use my camera for all the important events of my family that I had planned.
It remains to be seen when I shall finally get my camera and if I am not satisfied this time and comes defective then I shall be asking for a full refund.
47th Street has given me very poor service and I would not recommend to buy anything from them.
I would like to know how Amazon can intervene and make sure that I am compensated fully for my postage and loss of time. You have not heard the last of it from me since I am still waiting for my camera which should be in good working condition as I fully expect it to be.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2013
I know that I shouldn't have had the expectation that this would take good videos, but I did! It seemed to get good reviews in the video department so I was optimistic. Unfortunately, this DSLR has the same problem as most when it comes to focusing during videos. After the first round of shooting video of my kids, some of the clips turned out ok, while others were significantly out of focus. So...don't expect this to be a substitute for a real video camera. The technology is not quite there...yet.

Also, in terms of the accessories...the SD card didn't work, but I was eventually sent another (though not very promptly). The HDMI cable doesn't actually fit into the HDMI slot on the camera (due to the width and bulk of the plastic sheathing), but I had my own HDMI cable so not the end of the world.
on August 17, 2013
The D5200 with the 300mm lens is top value (this is where the value of the package is - in my advice, it's worth getting the 300mm zoom lens (instead of the 200mm included in many of the kit options). The UV filters and bag do the job well.

You can find many reviews of the D5200, but for a new photographer, this camera takes top notch pictures - very happy with the camera.

The tripod is very cheap and I would not buy this package expecting a good tripod. I'm still giving the package 5 stars on the quality of the camera and 300mm lens.
on September 8, 2013
on December 16, 2013
Got this camera bundle from my wife as my Christmas gift.
Note that this is a gray market product which is not mentioned at all in the description, just a statement of full USA warranty,
which I am scared to ever have to try out.
The camera and 18-55mm lens are from Thailand and the 70-300mm is made in China.

I would have preferred that this disclosure be made so that I knew for sure what we were getting.
So far the camera performs well, the rest of the bundle is just fluff.