Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on October 22, 2012
I will not be writing the merits / demerits of the product itself. I guess there are multiple sites already offering that info. What I will write about is my experience with the seller (Sunset Electronics) and some general info on the kit.

The item arrived well packaged. A few things were left out (manuals for the camera, lenses, wrong tripod, cleaning kit missing) which the seller promptly shipped out the next day. One thing to note though is that the camera seems to be from the gray market (serial number ends with a "C", maybe for sale in 'China'). A little surprised that Amazon would allow their marketplace vendors to sell items meant for sale in other countries (& hence the lower price, I guess). In any case, when I spoke with the CS dept, they acknowledged the fact that the camera was retail and that any warranty issues would need to go thru their store, and that I would not be able to resolve directly with Nikon. Registering the cam and lenses online wasn't a problem. Good experience overall.

I would recommend that other folks first check with the retailer on the product details and then make up your mind. Camera is awesome and the kit lenses, etc are ok (managed my expectations upfront) but will satisfy any novice users (like me!).

I will update the review in a few months with my experience. Meanwhile, happy clicking!!

*****************************************************************

Update June 20, 2013 - Camera continues to perform without any hiccups. Looks like Sunset electronics is back with their d7000 kit option on Amazon ;-) ...I've never used any of the misc items (telephoto lens, tripod, lens strap....) that came with the kit. Did get a good quality tripod, a better, longer, & inconspicuous shoulder strap and have been quite happy thus far!!
on November 7, 2013
Nikon D7000 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)This is the first time I ever write a review . I'am very Happy with the delivery & everything was package great, the only thing that got me upset was when I went to the Nikon website to registered the products that I received. When I typed in the Serial Number of the camera and entered it, a popup stated
" The serial number you entered does not appear to be valid " and Your camera may be a "Gray Market" camera. What is "Gray Market" ? Generally, a manufacturer works with a single importer who can sell and support their products in a given region. The importer usually has local dealers and distributors who resell the imported products; this is called a "distribution channel". Gray Market refers to merchandise that is imported and sold by methods other than these normal channels. Because the reseller cost is less they can sell Gray Market items for less. Unfortunately this price savings is only on the initial purchase; because service and support is more difficult to obtain it may end up costing the consumer more in the long run. What does owning a "Gray Market" Nikon product mean to you? Nikon Inc. USA cannot provide any technical support or warranty service on Gray Market items. Additionally Nikon Inc. USA cannot perform any fee-based repair work on Gray Market items. If you own a Gray Market product it will need to be returned to the reseller or importer for service, GOOD LUCK on that!It would have been GREAT TO KNOW that the D7000 was a Gray Market product that way it's would have been my decision to take the risk to buy it or not. Remember if the deal was just too good to be true, it probably is.
on August 10, 2012
I bought this bundle and am extremely satisfied with the service provided by Sunset Electronics. The 200mm lense was back ordered but arrived without incident. If you are like me and just getting into a camera that is beyond point and shoot, this is a great way to go but you will probably want to invest in a DVD to get you up to speed.
on October 26, 2014
This product came on time and in good condition. This was a gift to me from my significant other. Everything was packaged very well in individual boxes within one large box it was all shipped in. If you are getting this kit it is for the CAMERA and MAIN LENSES (lenses 50 mm, 18-104 mm, 55-200 mm) ONLY, all the other items that come with this kit are poor quality. But for the price of the camera & lenses the kit can not be beat. I will start with the main reason for getting this kit THE CAMERA.

The Nikon D7000 body: is beautiful! It works as expected. This came with the charger, battery, adaptors and manual. Thus far I am very happy with the camera's performance. I had done quite a bit of research before selecting the D7000. I wanted something that I could take quality images and still be user friendly. This model has a considerable number of options available, so really useful, some cool and some its nice to know they are there but I may never use them.

The lenses: 50 mm, 18-104 mm, 55-200 mm were all Nikon or Nikor (great quality). They all have performed as expected. Comes with protective cases and covers for all lenses. If you know anything about lenses, you know they are like cars….from base model Toyota to a custom high end BMW, Mercedes or Porsche. So these lenses are like a VW, so you can upgrade if you need to, professionals might want top end Mercedes for their 18-104mm lens, but for my purposes I am happy with the VW. They take excellent high resolution images and that is perfect for my needs.

The Filters: that came with this kit were very low quality and caused considerable rainbow distortion to images. They come sized only for the 18-104 mm lens. They are worthless, but again not the reason for getting this kit. Comes with a filter case.

The Mac & Tele lenses: Do cause distortion but in some cases might be useful. For my purposes I will be purchasing high quality mac lens. Comes with protective cases for both lenses

The External Flash: good quality, I haven't played with it too much but seems to work as expected. It does not come with a protective case.

This Little Trip Pod: Not sure why this is included the weight of the camera body alone crushes it, it is useless, and the paint chips off of it when the legs are manipulated.

The Large Tripod: Light weight plastic & aluminum. It is very versatile, however the materials are flimsy and make me nervous to leave my camera on it. It is too bad because it has a myriad of options you would find on a high quality tripod, this is just made from cheaper material. I will continue to use this but for travel or if I need to leave my camera attached without me near by, I will use my hight quality tripod.

The 16 G card: works as expected and was great to have as this body holds two cards and its great to have a back up card.

The Lens cap holder (leash): works great, very happy with it.

The microfiber cloth: is nice and ok quality. I am happy with it.

The Camera Case: is poor quality and if you love your camera, I would use this one to store the various lenses and accouterment and get a sturdy case for your camera. The plastic clips that hold the strap on the case are really cheap plastic-so don't put too much in the case, I fear what might happen if its too heavy. The zipper on my case was out of line and I had to play with it to get it to work.

All these extras are just that "extra" what you are purchasing this kit for is the camera body and main lenses.

Things to get for your camera would be a new sturdy travel case, the remote for the hands free option (I love that option and the remotes are not expensive and great), an additional SD memory card (camera has two slots), a second lens cap leach (one for the 18-104mm lens and one for all the others which the caps are exchangeable), new filters (polaroid makes great filters that do not cause distortion, they are not expensive), new sturdy tripod and a sleeve for the external flash.

Overall I am VERY HAPPY WITH THE KIT, I loved getting this as a gift and you will not be disappointed with the camera body and main lenses for the price. It's nice to get all that other stuff with the kit but just know you are going to have to make some upgrades with that stuff.
on November 3, 2012
I can't tell you how happy I am with my Nikon d7000 bundle purchase. Haven't had alot of time to get out and take pics but so far I am loving it. I won't have to worry about running out of space on my card for pics with the double slot. My new favorite lens is the 18-105mm . Thanks so muhc for offering this bundle, well worth the price.
on February 27, 2014
I did not give a 5 star because the picture does not match what is actually sent. Please read the production description to ensure you understand what you are getting. The tripod is not something that I would use for this camera and the scandisk are not what you see in the image. But the Camera is awesome.
on June 17, 2014
I was so worried about the other user's review about the Gray market serial number but I went ahead and gave a try. Received the product on time and I have registered the camera body and all the lenses in Nikon's website. So, the one I have received was not a gray market one and I was relaxed. Just to try, I gave some random serial numbers in Nikon's website and it did throw me the message "your product might be a gray market one", it was just a test to make sure Nikon really accepted my camera and lense's serial numbers. Coming to the quality of the bundle, as others stated, except the camera and Nikor lenses, the memory card was a transcend 16GB card and remaining products looks cheap. The camera bag gets the least rating. (b/t, the camera body was made on Thailand but honestly I don't know how it will make a difference if it was made in Japan or any other country). I am a beginner and just started learning photography, so the D7000 is an amazing camera to start with and I have already taken pics on couple of parties and it all came out really really good. I am very much satisfied with the camera and lenses. I learned a bit about the difference between the static 55mm vs 35mm lenses and this bundle comes with 55mm which is okay, but I will buy a 35mm soon ! Go ahead and purchase it guys, I would definitely recommend this.
on May 13, 2014
this was an upgrade from an older digital camera, and it was a great buy for all that you get here... I am a wedding photographer and pretty much can use all of what is in this set up... great package
on June 4, 2014
This is an amazing camera, and the lenses are top notch. I may not be in the realm of "true" professional photographers, but as one who shoots still photos and video for my job, this camera is great. Right out of the box, everything was working beautifully (though I still need to check some fine-tuning to make sure everything is as good as it can be).

The package arrived on time and in great condition. The camera, lenses and other accessories all worked great - except for the Vivitar slave flash; that was having some issues. I contacted SuperFinds (through Amazon) and customer rep Linda quickly handled my situation. She pro-actively arranged for a replacement unit to be sent to me - long before any measure of frustration on my part ever began to surface. Linda, you're terrific! I would definitely purchase equipment from them in a heartbeat.

Some of the other accessories (tripod, Vivitar lens attachments, filters) are OK, but definitely not professional grade. I probably won't use them, or if I do, only in certain situations where I'm willing to live with lesser quality for some reason. But I didn't buy this package for the accessories. I bought the package for the camera and lenses, and this is a fantastic price for those items. Consider the accessories as stocking fillers.
on January 8, 2015
Let me first qualify my review is for the package deal only. I question the packaging of the 18-105mm and 55-200mm lenses and why such an overlap in focal lengths. A better package would be the 35mm 1.8 and the 18-105mm lenses with this package and drop the 55-200, or substitute it for the 70-300mm. The D7000 has a crop sensor (DX) so the 18-105 would be equivalent to a 27-160mm in a full frame (FX) camera. The 70-300 would be 107-457mm in full frame. My point is you could do better with just the D7000 body and add a 35mm 1.8 and say the 18-140 or 18-200mm and have a very nice system with just 2 lenses instead of 3 that in this package one of them (the 55-200mm) will probably rarely be on your camera.
I’d recommend you first getting the 35mm 1.8 as your prime which is equal to a 53mm in full frame, and will give you more room to take shots indoors than a 50mm which would be a 76mm in your DX camera and you will need more distance between your camera and your subject. As for the D7000 with its 16mp sensor and its ability to use older lenses and still have auto focus it might just be all you need unless you’re a professional. This camera will take amazing images if you do your part. One more thing, put quality UV and CPL filters on your lenses; the cheap ones can really hamper your ability to get crisp photographs; they’re cheap for a reason, you don’t have to pay over a $100.00 for your filter, you can get some good ones for around $50.00 or more. Point is these $10.00 filters are good for only protecting your lens, not taking excellent photographs.