Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The DASH Diet Action Plan: Proven to Lower Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Without Medication
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 13, 2011
The Dash Diet is not a "Diet" but more of a Food Plan. My husband is currently on Blood Pressure Medication. The medication would reduce his blood pressure but not down to within in the "normal range". Two week after being on DASH his blood pressure is in the low "normal range". The DASH is eating right not less. My husband actually eats more now then he use to and has lost 10 pounds. I have lost 5 pounds. We have not started an exercise program yet. We have been doing the Dash for a month now and are very pleased. The only thing I would have liked is a little more guidance as to food labels. She discusses the labels but doesn't really explain what is acceptable levels of fiber, sodium etc. The recipes in the book are also very good. Overall we are very happy with this plan.
on September 5, 2011
I was a nonbelieer that a change in diet would actually have an affect on my blood pressure.
I'm into week 3 of the diet and have actually dropped 10 points on my BP!
I'm a bleiever! Try it, it does work.
on December 24, 2011
A very informative book regarding your daily eating to help reduce your cholesterol and hypertension issues,
had alot of receipes and tips to help you live a healthier lifestyle normally everyday.
on November 4, 2011
This is a very helpful book. I have lost 29 lbs. since purchasing. I no longer crave soda or sweets and surely am eating better.
on January 19, 2014
The suggestions for implementing the diet are very helpful for someone with new high blood pressure and I find myself easily incorporating the small changes incrementally into my life. I would choose the paper version if I bought it again. It is made to write in while you work out your plan and I am not a big fan of Kindle notes for this. I would benefit by using it as a workbook, scribbling my notes directly onto the paper. I am 51 years old, though, and really love hard copies. :-) I wish you all better health after reading this and making reasonable changes!
on March 25, 2015
I have read this book and started to folllow the diet. Although I have been able to lower my overall cholesterol level my body is still having trouble lowering my LDL's(bad cholesterol) so this diet has been prescribed by my physician. It has not been very difficult to follow in fact it has been quite easy. The recommendations are fair and I am getting plenty of good food to eat and my body feel better already.I have not been on the diet long enough to check the results but I will come back with my results in a months time. I am hoping that this works because Heart problems run in my family. .
on April 3, 2015
This seems to simply recommend a healthy diet with lots of vegies, fruits, and protein. I like the fact that it doesn't totally prohibit red meat. It has dozens of informative charts, meal plans, and good advice. Unfortunately, most of the advice I already knew, but the charts are extremely valuable.
on January 22, 2013
I began reading the book as soon as it came in. The next day I started applying the guidelines. And while not everyone has my genes I lost 5lbs the first 5 days. I supplemented ketchup for fresh salsa (low sodium) on my 3 eggs for breakfast. When I had a sugar craving I ate yogurt and apples. And stuck with turkey, chicken and fish as the main protein for dinner. While losing 5 lbs maybe ideal for others, my doctor told me to try the DASH plan for a low sodium diet and I am prone to high blood pressure. Losing 5 lbs so quick, scared me. So I doubled my serving sizes and the weight is slowly returning though some much of the food can be metabolized. I'm 125 when drenched in Nickelodeon slime. Some weight gain would do me some good. This book helps pin point what foods to include and others to exonerate. Love it.
on August 27, 2015
I recently was diagnosed with hypertension. My Dr. recommended this book as I want to lose 10-15 lbs and eat healthier. The advice is pragmatic, practical, and there's a wide variety of things to eat every day and w/every meal. It could be organized a bit differently - the shopping list is a bit hidden. And the online version could have links to the recipes in the back of the book, but overally, it's a nice, straightforward way to get on track to healthy eating while losing wieght.
on January 3, 2014
my only negative is that since I purchased all 3 books at same time and love the "weight loss solution" I have to rate this a bit lower. it is however full of great direction, helps and some good recipes. equally with good health in mind.