Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.54 shipping
D'Addario EXP16 with NY Steel Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Coated, Light, 12-53
|Price:||$7.78 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$16.21 (68%)|
- D'Addario's most popular acoustic guitar string gauge, known for its superb, long-lasting tone and comfortable playability
- EXP Coated phosphor bronze for warm, bright, well balanced acoustic tone and 4 times more life
- Includes D'Addario's exclusive NY Steel, the same high carbon steel found in the NYXL series for unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016, Phosphor Bronze Wound .024, .032, .042, .053
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: EXP16
From the Manufacturer
EXP NY Steel String Strength
D'Addario EXP strings are created using advanced proprietary machinery. Starting with a micro-coated wrap wire that is precision drawn, EXP strings with NY Steel are then wound normally to maintain feel and tone. The only difference a player will notice is that the string lifespan is a minimum of 4 times longer.
EXP NY Steel Pitch Stability
D'Addario EXP strings with NY Steel deliver the natural, vibrant sound of regular phosphor bronze and 80/20 bronze acoustic strings with an unparalleled pitch stability. EXP strings not only last substantially longer, but they hold their tune better than any competitor strings.
Top Customer Reviews
Depending on the style of play, I prefer brighter or warmer strings, but I'd rank the EXP16s somewhere in the middle. It's a good balance for both strumming and fingerstyle. Even though they don't project as well as the Elixir 80/20s, they have a very agreeable tone without some of the harsh overtones. For live use with a pickup I'd be more inclined to use the Elixirs, but for unplugged or mic'ed use I like the tone of these.
1. They have a longer life than other coated strings I've tried.
2. They have better sustain throughout that lifetime.
3. The price is great compared to other coated strings.
4. The brass ends are painted different colors to differentiate them. I use these on my Ovation, which strings tail-forward through the bridge, so the colored ends are visible and it looks cool. Vanity, all is vanity.
Having tried a LOT of strings over the past 40 years of playing,these are my favorite by far.
I feel that after playing mostly acoustic guitar for over forty years I can be reasonably objective on acoustic guitars and strings, and I always keep a few sets of these and the EXP lite gauge strings in my strings and tool box.
I also use the light EXP's on my Taylor 814-CE, Martin DC16GTE and Laguna LG6-RW . Again they just sound very natural and last a long time.
Over all the EXP's are crisp with great dynamics without the overly bright sound of the Elixirs which are just way too bright for me.
Actually I own three other acoustics other than my two Taylor's and right now they're all strung with EXP's. I know people want different sounds from their strings, but I find these to be bright with a great bottom on them, unlike the Elixirs which I find to be unbearably bright with a weak bottom end. These strings sound great with great dynamics on them. Even on my Laguna Grand Symphony (slightly larger than a Grand Concert) they pump out the lows and sparkle on the highs. These on my Grand Auditorium do the same thing, they produce the sound I demand and make a real positive improvement over the other coated strings I've used.
The Mediums on my 710 have an endless bottom end and still have great range on the mid's and treble.
As I said I still use Martin Phosphor Bronze strings once in awhile, but honestly these strings hold up extremely well and sound great. Darn near as near to an uncoated string that you're going to find.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
D'Addario has and continues to make top quality guitar strings. I have used D'Addario strings for over 20 years and find them to be about the best availablePublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent strings. I installed them on an Hola Dreadnought and the sound and play are wonderful.Published 7 days ago by Butch Snyder
I bought these for my husband and he loves the sound. Great bright sound as advertised.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer