Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$30.88+ $4.99 shipping

on January 2, 2013
This has to be the freakiest game I've ever played hands down. Dead Space 1 was super scary, but the second installment did a great job of capitalizing on the creepiest elements of the original in a very effective way. Here's my bullet point list of strengths:

-- Heavy emphasis on the "Unitology" theme

-- More enemies over all than DS1

-- Addition of new creepy enemies

-- Necromorphs are a bit harder to kill

-- Very little backtracking in the campaign

-- Sound design is spectacular

-- Graphics are excellent

-- Gameplay is relatively organic

-- Good use of puzzles

I only have a couple of gripes with this game:

1. You randomly have to learn how to fly through a debris field at one point. I died 15 or 20 times and almost gave up on the game at this point. It wasn't fun or scary, just annoying and pointless.

2. The final boss is a pain in the butt to beat. I spent 2 hours on the boss battle before shutting the game down and getting online to read up on how to beat it. l ended up having to backtrack to a previous save station and exploited a game glitch where a power node access storage room will indefinitely give you goodies if you save your game, reload it from that save station, and go back to the storage room. I spent 45 minutes collecting goodies so I could upgrade my weapons and buy enough health and ammo to make it back to the ending and beat the boss.

That being said, this is still one of the best games I've ever played and I would highly recommend it to anyone mature enough to handle the horror.
on September 25, 2014
Dead Space 2 is a first shooter game set in space. You're up against disfigured creatures that have no other desire then to kill you. Along the way you experience bouts of Dementia, adding a lot of fun and scariness to the game, because during these Isaac see's his dead lover. She speaks to him and leads him to The Marker, the cause of this mayhem and destruction. Along the way he meets other survivors, one of which was a patient like Isaac, unfortunately he's going crazy from remembering the things Isaac has seemed to have forgotten.

-There are two disks two the game

-Minimal glitches (I only experienced one)

-Four levels to beat. One of which can only be unlocked by beating the game on any level.

-Creepy creatures, one of which you cannot kill just strategically get away from.

-You have the power of telekinesis

-Can upgrade weapons and armor or just buy new ones.

-Nice graphics

So, yeah I recommend this game.
VINE VOICEon November 12, 2012
If you liked the first - I mean, REALLY liked it - then you'll love the second one! The gameplay, controls, ambient noise, weapons, characters, they're all still here. That's a good thing if you loved the first game, which I did, but if you're looking for an expansion on the original idea, you'll be disappointed. This game is very much like the first one - you find/buy weapons and upgrade them and your suit as you go along, killing zombie-like crew members and gross alien creatures. Most of the enemies are the same, a few different ones in the mix. The game is very much a big improvement over the first: improved graphics, improved load times, improved flow from level to level. But aside from that, there's no innovation, nothing really "new", so to speak. But like I said - I was a huge fan of the first game so I love this one too. The best thing about this game is that it just keeps going: There's no load times between levels or anything like that. Even saving a game is super fast. Keeps the story and spooky atmosphere going.
This game shines in the spots where like a giant alien flings you around - like a cut-scene but interactive in a way. It's just SO WELL DONE - such beautiful graphics - so smooth. That really keeps the tension alive in the game when you never know when some giant thing will fling you around and you need to fight your way free!
Big thumbs up from me!
on April 3, 2013
If you are a fan of sci fi or horror survival or just a great game overall this game is for you. If you loved the first one you will be pleased at the improvements but you might be a little sad about the story. It is still a great story but nothing beats the first.
on April 19, 2014
Not only did DS2 stay faithful to the storyline and the gameplay system of the original...it improved on it. It's like looking at Aliens versus Alien...the story's there and it gets better. In the gameplay you have your old standby (plasma cutter) and you get a few new toys to play with. Good thing...because the Marker is going to throw more twists your way. Keep those power nodes handy and upgrade!
on February 13, 2013
Spectacular game, one of the best games out there. Make us whole. Altman be praised, get this game. Love every minute of it.
on December 17, 2012
I haven't finished it yet, but it's WAY more suspenseful than the first one! I can't tell you how many times I've jumped at the surprise environmental noises or necromorphs that burst out of an air duct unexpectedly. The game play has been smooth so far with no glitches or issues. The levels flow better than the first game. You just walk into an area and the bottom of the screen will indicate that you've reached the next part of the game. The saves are quick too. I'd recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the first game and the movies.
on April 9, 2013
I dont like this game so far. Maybe because Ive only been playing it for 3 days but this game is not what i expected. The graphics kinda suck and my guy is ill equiped to deal with these zombies, all i have is flash like and some stupid telekinetic powers.
on July 12, 2013
I don't even like most horror games but dead space has completely captivated me. Dead Space 2 nails everything that made the 1st game so good and expands the fun and the story.
on November 18, 2013
bought this as a gift. it's never been out of the box.

I guess it's a bumout but if you know more about it than I do, completely disregard all of these words.