5.0 out of 5 stars Delta Table Saw 36-560
Published on June 12, 2000 by Jack Kenn

3.0 out of 5 stars Great LITTLE table saw
Published on March 27, 2002 by Daniel S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta Table Saw 36-560, June 12, 2000
Jack Kenn (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DELTA 36-560 Deluxe Table Saw Package (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is a great machine for the beginner and the intermediate do it yourselfers. It is not commercial grade which means its life span is based on the non every day usage. It is the perfect machine for those of us who love to do woodworking projects but do not make a life out of it. The powerful 15 amp motor gives it plenty of ripping power even for 2 X 4's . I love my Delta table saw and find it a useful too to have. I dont know what I did without one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb table saw for the home workshop, November 25, 2000
This is an excellent package! The instructions were very easy to follow and made sense (for once), All pieces were in good order and there were zero problems putting this together. The saw operates flawlessly, with excellent power and ease of operation. The case is plastic, yet that is not a problem at all as it is extremely durable. The stand is extremely stable and the rip fence and T are well made. For a low priced saw, this is the absolute best I have seen. Perfect for the home hobbyist, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good, low priced quality piece of equipment to enhance their home shop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for the money, August 4, 2001
Peter J Hoffstetter (Blowing Rock, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I do not believe you can get a better saw for the same money. It has plenty of power and the blade was zeroed in w/ the miter gauge slots from the factory. I had to adjust the rip fence though----it was easy. One drawback is that the rip fence does not slide far enough to rip 24" which can be important if you work w/ a lot of plywood.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a beginner / price, February 19, 2002
Eric Yancey (Richmond, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased this table saw to make some simple furniture and do some basic woodworking. I paid around [price] for this at a local [store]store. The motor seems to be powerful enough to rip 2x4's and comfortably ripped 3/4" red oak. So far it's worked pretty well for me. You have to take extra care when setting up for cuts b/c of it's cheaper quality the precision is not like that of a more expensive saw.
Some gripes I have with it are
1) the miter gauge that it ships with is junk - the bar doesn't sit in the slot very tightly (I think this is fairly typical with most cheap saws)
2) the end of the rip fence where the handle joins the fence protrudes very slightly towards the blade so that when you are ripping long items it pushes the stock away from the fence, resulting in uneven cuts (potentially dangerous too if the stock binds against the blade)
3) blade tilt mechanism isn't really a mechanism.. it just slides around so you can't rely on the degree scale on the front
All in all it's a decent little saw. However, if you can afford it I would jump up to the next level saw that Delta makes. It's [price]and seems to be much better. Just go to a store where they are both set up side by side and adjust the rip fences. You'll see what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars great portability, December 2, 2001
Don Curtis (Charlemont, Ma United States) - See all my reviews
I decided to order this saw after using one on the job site for the last four months. For the money the saw has plenty of power of power, is surprising accurate and is light enough to move around the job site with ease. The only problem we had was the occasional screw coming loose. I used lock tite when assembling the saw which I hope will solve this problem. I looked the closely at the Dewalt, Bosch and Portet Cable all two to three hundred dollars more before buying this saw. I was disappointed with the use of plastic gearing and decided the Delta was a better value for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great LITTLE table saw, March 27, 2002
I have owned this saw for just under 2 years and it has been a great little table saw. The blade stays true to the miter gauge slot and the fence has held up fine. In short there is nothing wrong with this little table saw after almost 2 years of weekend use. This is an excellent value for the price and Delta has focused on the bare minimum requirements of a table saw to keep the price down. But every time I use it I wish I had gotten the Contractor's table saw or better yet the Unisaw.
The problems with this table saw is that the table is too small. It is not long enough to handle plywood sheets without a lot of hassles and it is not wide enough to cross cut 8' long boards without the same amount of hassles. Because the table is so small the fence is only good to about 17 or 18 inches. The miter gauge that comes with this is plain awful. It wobbles in the slot so bad that your cuts can easily be off by an 1/8" from the start of the cut to the end. The miter gauge slot is also not the standard 3/8 x 3/4 (it is smaller) so any accessories you buy probably won't fit this slot. If you plan to expand, this is a show stopper and I am selling my table saw now and getting the 36-444 contractor's table saw because of this.
Here is the bottom line, this table saw is only good for the very novice users and even then it won't take long to out grow this table saw. My suggestion is to spend an extra money and get a much nicer table saw.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this saw based on 2-amp difference, June 26, 2000
Eric Antonow (Palo Alto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought the exact same saw except that it was a 13 amp (v. 15 amp) model, check out the specs. It felt cheap coming out of the box -- thin plastic everywhere they could put it, the guard fench (the only thing protecting you) is a miserable design which comes lose on a regular basis (you find yourself fighting to hold the saw together while you're cutting). Maybe some folks have found this to be an acceptable tool for the price, but I recommend against it. If you're not going to buy a replacement in the next 3 years, it is probably worth the extra $100 bucks to buy a brand that makes solid product. You'll end up using it much more instead of sadly reverting to your circular hand saw.
In contrast with Delta's low end equiptment, I have had great experience with DeWalt and Makita models -- both are, however, in a slightly higher price range.

1.0 out of 5 stars 9 Weeks in the Shop and I Still don't have it back, January 14, 2002
I bought this saw in November of 2000. It was my first table saw. I'm was setting up a shop in my garage to build a little furniture and stuff for around the house. This is a direct drive saw (no belt). It seemed pretty good at first but started to get louder and louder after a few months. Then it started to make funny noises and then in November of 2001 the gear box quit. The motor turned but the blade didn't. So I took it in for repair on November 15,2001. Well, so what it's got a 2 year warranty? It's now January 14, 2002, I called Dave at the repair place again (Pelham Tool in Portchester, NY) and he said that they got some of the parts in but not all of them. He also said that Delta has been realy slow in getting them parts. My advice to anyone - stay away from this one.
***UPDATE*** January 25, 2002 I just talked to Karen at Delta in Jackson, TN and she said she would call Pelham Tool today and make sure that they would get the parts they need to fix my saw. Stay tuned folks...
***UPDATE*** January 29, 2002 I got my saw back this afternoon, fixed. Sold it to a guy at work for a hundred bucks. I need something a little more heavy duty. I'm going to check out the Ridgid in Home Depot. Stay tuned folks...

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, October 20, 2002
I bought this saw about 6 weeks ago to replace an ancient Craftsman. I wanted to use it a while before forming an opinion and my opinion is...spend the extra money and buy a real saw.
This saw is basically a toy. It has a plastic housing and that right there should tell you about the quality. The fence is questionable at best, it doesn't stay where you lock it and it and the miter gauge doesn't even come close to fitting the slot. For [what I paid]I wasn't expecting a whole lot but just a little accuracy would've been nice. What a disappointing purchase. I guess in order to get a decent saw you need to spend at least twice the amount of this saw...now I just gotta find someone to buy this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Run now!, December 13, 2004
Craig A. (Lower Elbonia) - See all my reviews
I've had this machine for 3-years. Unless you just want to rip 2x4's for framing, run away from this purchase. The motor is good, but that's only positive bit of news about this saw.

The miter slots are a joke. The included gauge has about 3/16" of slop in them, and no other gauges on the market fit it either. The throat plate stinks too. Forget making a zero-clearance insert, because the table top is so poorly designed that you can only use a steel throat plate. Plan on building sleds for any cross-cutting you want to do.

Don't even get me started on the fence which I bent while bolting a sacrificial fence on it the very first day.