4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price
Pros:
Works well to reflow the PS3/XB360. (Need an IR thermometer to check the working temperature in order to reflow the flux at 350 degrees F.)
Works well to strip paint and remove stickers.
High/Low fan speeds. (High speed for upper temperature ranges.)
Good quality for the cost.
The folding legs actually work.

Cons:
If you need...
Published on December 14, 2010 by David

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not heat after a few uses / Replaced
Published 15 months ago by JW

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, December 14, 2010
Pros:
Works well to strip paint and remove stickers.
High/Low fan speeds. (High speed for upper temperature ranges.)
Good quality for the cost.
The folding legs actually work.

Cons:
If you need finer temperature control, the better choice would be the D26960 model that cost a little more.
The temperature control knob is not calibrated or graduated. A non-contact IR thermometer is highly recommended to avoid over-heating your project.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not heat after a few uses / Replaced, October 25, 2013
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have owned this gun for 14 months but only used it a few times, to shrink heat wrap on electric connections. The last time I tried the gun the motor ran but no heat. I took it to a repair center and they said your right the motor runs but no heat. Also there is no way to repair it because there are no replacement parts for this tool. I called Dewalt. They said well you have a one year replacement warranty and a 3 year against defects. I said this heat gun is defective. They said it can't be repaired because there are no parts to replace and it can't be replaced because you have had it for longer than one year. You get the idea. They are leading me in a circle. The 3 year warranty is a joke. The repair center said that basically if your Dewalt tool breaks after one year you are sol. They said that Dewalt has the worst warranty service of the tool makers they repair. I have always used Dewalt tools in the past but this experience has been an eye opener and made me realize they are good at marketing but don't stand behind their tools.

11/6 - I just received a new heat gun from Dewalt. I was told that since I had owned the gun for 14 months it could not be replaced and that it could not be repaired. I'm not sure what changed but THANK YOU Dewalt for doing the right thing. Happy to have the Dewalt heat gun back because I had replaced it with a Wagner which did not work as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective in small doses, April 3, 2012
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
I'm in the process of stripping a neglected patio enclosure. I burned through 15 belts on my belt sander (which I later found out might have a bad bearing) and my neighbor suggested using a heat gun. I bought this from Warehouse Deals here, in Used-Very Good condition, and it arrived just as a new product. In box, still with the cord wrapped, and all accessories. 5 stars for Warehouse deals (again). But this review is about the Heat Gun and not Warehouse deals.

First heat control. I saw the more expensive model with LCD readout to be a complete geek novelty. I don't really care too much what temperature the heat is that is coming out, all that matters is the temperature required to effectively get the job done. So the mere fact that this gun has only a rotary dial really isn't a big deal.

The gun came with a cone and wide attachment. I've only used the wide attachment as I'm removing caulk and old paint. I've been using the fan on high with the heat all the way turned up. Removing exterior paint from wood does work. However, it takes a solid 10-15 seconds of heating to get the paint to bubble. You only have a working area of maybe 4"x4" before you have to move on, that's all the coverage you're going to get with this gun. That's my only real complaint is your pretty limited in your working area.

It does work very well for removing the piled on layers of caulking. The caulk doesn't bubble up like paint, it just gets really soft and becomes very pliable. It's very important to remove all the old caulk if you want a nice clean bead to be retained.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic heat gun. Don't mind the negative reviews and here's why!, May 11, 2014
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
This heat gun is fantastic. Has the ability to adjust th temperature from 200 to i believe 1200 degrees F and gets scorching hot in a timely fashion. This gun is super high quality and has a very solid build, almost feels like a luxury item. ANY heat gun manufacturer will have defective units simply due to the intense nature of these products but the probability of you receiving one is extremely rare. I have used many heat guns and this one is the best. The cable is super thick & long but very bendable and durable so it won't tangle or get rips or tears. Many times you won't even need an extension cord for this gun. I also has a stand and different head attachments for concentrated heat. If you were like me and every time you find a heat gun you like, then you change your mind because of the negative reviews, then look no further. BUY THIS HEAT GUN! you will love it. Its by far the nicest one and best value out of any I have seen and has a great warranty. In my opinion this is a better buy than any of the other heat guns I have seen/used regardless of price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly powerful and quiet, January 23, 2011
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
I work on golf clubs as a hobby and that requires removing heads from shafts. The preferred method is to use a heat gun, but my past purchases just take took too long so I've been using a propane torch. Unfortunately that leaves blue marks and worse on the head. Always been a big DeWalt fan. For a homeowner they are pro grade. Saw this on sale at my favorite vendor (Amazon) so thought I would give it a try. Couldn't be more pleased. The tool is so quiet that at first I didn't think it was working properly. But the heads heated up and seperated from the shafts smoothly and quickly. Great tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on golf clubs -- irons, too!, February 16, 2013
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
Bought this heat gun based on an amazon.com reviewer who used it on golf clubs. Considered others, but I took from his past experiences, and bought this one. It works well, thank you! I read on some club building websites that for irons, you need a torch to concentrate the heat better in order to detach the head. Not so -- this heat gun works on iron heads, as well as woods. Now I just need to learn how to finesse the heat in order to save the ferrules on some of my older clubs. This heat gun has heat power in spades to use on golf clubs!

Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent heat gun, December 31, 2013
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
For the price this an excellent heat gun with some very nice features. The kick stand so the gun won't tip over and the adjustable heat makes my go-to heat gun. Not sure I needed another heat gun as my wife had a cheap one for some of her crafts but It didn't have adjustable heat and only had low/high. Much easier to get the temps you want for every application with two fan speeds and adjustable heat. I don't use heat guns very often but always nice to have one when you need it. Have only had this heat gun a short while so can't tell about the long term reliability of this product. I have always found DeWalt products to work well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, February 8, 2013
Robin (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
Heats up in an instant, so even if you're confused by the rear temperature wheel you can turn it left or right and figure out which way makes it hot and which way makes it cold. I've used it for electrical work (shrink-tubing) and weather sealing windows around the house, and it's not let me down. I contend that it's even quieter than a hair dryer, and heats up much faster. Plan on using it for many more home repair projects. It would be nice to the digital bells and whistles, but as gadget driven as I am I'm perfectly content without the digital display.

5.0 out of 5 stars DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun, October 27, 2012
Ray Gorsline (Rockford, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
A quality Dewalt item in classic yellow. Heats up quickly and performed the job completely. I was using it to unsolder chip components from a laptop motherboard and it worked perfectly. You need a thermal temp gun to know how hot the blast is from this beast. I bought a cheap heat gun from Harbor Freight and it fell apart in a week. This one has a comfotable grip and I have only begun using it for other projects. I love this thing....

3.0 out of 5 stars works great, April 20, 2014
This review is from: DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun (Tools & Home Improvement)
this heat gun works great. i would have given it a 5 star but lacks a fine narrow nozzle plus you will have to adjust the temperature in order to get the desired value. has a positive and negative symbol for temp variation changes. only way i can determine to calculate the right temp is to use a mercury thermometer. overall has nice kick stand that comes very handy!!

DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun