5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery for a great set of tools
I have 4 of these total. 2 that came with my 12v Max Drill and 2 that came with my 12v Max Impact driver. I purposely bought them separate so I would have 4 batteries total (instead of 2) and 2 chargers. I paid a bit more going this route, but to me it was worth it. Anyways, on to the quick review.

First of all, the specs aren't anywhere on Dewalt's site...
Published on September 25, 2011 by Method2Madness "Alex"

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT CHARGE IN DCB100 CHARGER PROPERLY
I bought this battery as advertised as a back-up for the original DCB120. It does not charge properly. The original is model DCB120, 12V - 1.5 Ah - 18 Wh, and this replacement is DCB120, 12V - 15.6 Wh. The charger shows error lights with this battery. There may be a problem with the battery itself, but I think it is a compatibility issue. Going to try to get a refund.
Published 21 months ago by RonB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery for a great set of tools, September 25, 2011
This review is from: DEWALT DCB120 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)

First of all, the specs aren't anywhere on Dewalt's site (Dewalt is getting more and more stingy with specifications as time goes on), but these are actually 1.3ah battery packs. Definitely not the highest capacity 12v LiOn available (I believe that title goes to the Milwaukee XC pack at 2.6ah), but they definitely get the job done. And man they are LIGHT! Also worth noting, these are 10.8 volt packs. Like other companies, Dewalt has fallen in-line and started going with MAX ratings. Meaning the batteries are only 12 volts when not under load. Audio companies have been doing this for years, so I guess it was only a matter of time. Anyway...moving on.

Unlike the other reviewer, I had absolutely no troubles from the moment I started using them. They came half charged and I put them (along with the tools, of course) to work right away. I am building a deck for a neighbor and was able to drive AT LEAST 30 screws on the initial charge. By that time, the others had charged up and with a fresh pack, I was able to drive about 60 more screws before calling it a day, and still had power left over.

I've reviewed the Drill and Impact Driver separately, so I won't get into details here, but the whole 12v MAX system is HIGHLY impressive. And at the heart are these batteries, which while not the highest capacity, definitely do not disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars great battery, February 13, 2014
Battery is fine but they use a generic pic. The battery is 1.3 instead of 1.5 amps. Great product just wrong pic.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT CHARGE IN DCB100 CHARGER PROPERLY, September 23, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars good product!, July 7, 2014
Spot on description, fast shipping, good product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, July 7, 2014
This is a must have. As a back-up battery, it prevents downtime for those entended periods of use. Great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tactical Keychains Approves!, July 6, 2014
Yep, it's a battery, lol. Great deal on a great battery for a great tool!

2.0 out of 5 stars bought 2, May 31, 2014
bought 2 but after a couple months one battery wouldn't accept a charge...so it is useless, last battery I buy online

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Pack, May 26, 2014
Always a great gift as well as for every day use to go with items that need Dewalt 12 Volt battery like their worklight. Worklight did not come with battery so this was a necessity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came as a free item with a drill I purchased, good quality, May 24, 2014
Karen (Western Mass) - See all my reviews
Very satisfied with the consistent performance. Came as a third free battery with a Dewalt power drill set purchased here on Amazon. I have owned this set now for close to two years, (yes I'm just reviewing now) and I haven't had any problems with this battery. Holds a charge for quite some time, but I'm not using it everyday, just for smaller projects around the house and boat. Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars DeWalt Light System works like a charm, May 6, 2014
This DeWalt Light System....light, charger and Li-ion battery works like a charm. Lamp head swivels all around. Magnet on the light sticks hard to metal surfaces keeping the light steady and in place.

Rate and Discover Movies