Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DEWALT DCD775KL-F 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Hammer-Drill and Area Light Combo Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Hammer-Drill and Area Light Combo|Change
Price:$227.99 - $531.27

on December 7, 2012
I got about 2 years ago. I use I would say about once every 2 weeks for little projects. It does the job. The LED light is very useful.No problems with. It does what it says...... Overall excellent product I would recommend to friends if I had any...
on March 29, 2013
Love this drill - It is my go to drill when I need to get something done fast. It is a little on the heavy side compared to the newer drills out on the market, but the added weight is nice when you are using the Hammer Drill. Added with the quick charging batteries and the work light this is a great little combo kit. As with all my Dewalt batteries, I write on the date that I bought my drill so I will know when I am getting close to the end of my warranty. By doing this I have gotten my worth out of the drill by keeping my batteries at peak performance. I have the new Rigid drill as well so I will be seeing how the two stacks up overtime. My first thought is that Rigid's 18V Drill is lighter, but I the extra weight in the Dewalt makes it better for drill through cement. So if you are into wood working only go with Rigid - but if you find yourself doing multipurpose uses with a drill go Dewalt. Just my two cents worth.
on September 16, 2011
I'm not a carpenter, but I do use my drill around the house fairly often. I purchased this drill almost 5 months ago and the battery is still going! I haven't even had to swap to the second battery yet. The drill is powerful, efficient, and has a great battery life. Dewalt go this one right.
on August 24, 2011
had this awhile before i finally used it, only problem is the hammer setting helps but not as much as i thought it would, drill and batteries are fantastic, they last a long time and charge fully in less then 20 mins., my fault but did not realize the hammer setting will get the screw in a little better, but still strips the heads of the deck screw, it does help over a regular drill but not much, use alot of screws into hard wood flooring and still have to use a countersink bit to set the screw into the wood below the surface, got this on the amazon gold box deal and well worth the money, hopefully it will outlast my sears ion batteries, one died in 15 months, the other still works, but love the drill, has all the power i need...
on March 5, 2013
My hubby is a cable guy and uses his drill daily. He had a ryobi and it died constantly, took forever to recharge and wore quickly. So we tried this one out. Same voltage and he said its much more powerful, batteries last longer and charge quicker! Worth the extra cost by far!
on December 11, 2012
I don't have a lot to add from the other reviews on the drill itself - haven't yet used it much but looks and feels good and should perform as good as my older dewalt 14.4v hammerdrill (where it was cheaper to buy a new drill w/2 batteries than to replace the 14.4 batteries). The one thing I want to share is that the included area light is designed for the older size 18v batteries. The lithium ones work and power it well, it's just they don't match up in size to the base of the light. Tjis might be a good thing if you have some of the older 18v batteries as you could use it with either size batteries. For me switching over for the first time I expected since it was a kit that the light would be designed for the smaller size ion battery - it isn't.

I should probably add that the charger handles all different dewalt battery voltages, including my older 14.4.

The included case holds the drill securely, but there's no internal compartment(s) for small parts. My old case wasn't superb in that department, but at least there was one place where a few drill bits and other items could be kept.
VINE VOICEon January 29, 2013
If you ever get this on a Lightning deal or deal of the day go for it. I got mine here for less than $135.00 on one of those...can't remember which. This was one of the best purchases I've made. This drill has come is very handy for us especially since we ended up screwing a wood fence together. Having 2 LI batteries is a plus but even one battery last quite some time. The torque on this drill is unreal and have cooked useless a few drill bits abusing this drill going through solid concrete. Everything fits fine in the case and having the hard case is nice too. If you can get this on the cheap do not miss the deal. This is an extraordinary, powerful, cordless, hammer drill, screwdriver functions, and TWO LI batteries. You will not run out of power part way through a project. The batteries also hold their charge for a long time just sitting in the case after a charge. A great product at any price.

I bought this here late 2010 and this sucker is running perfectly just like the day I first used it. Simply a great tool.
on March 9, 2013
I should have given it one star, because I really HATED it, when I needed to go down and up the ladder multiple times to pick up bits !

Key-less chuck on this model has a very serious problem: it releases the bit when it stops. You need really over-tighten it to prevent it. Other peoples noted this as well, but I thought may be DeWalt fixed it since then. I' have their other tools and they are good, so I'll be returning this drill and buying heavier one (XPR non compact). Based on reviews it doesn't have chuck problems. More expensive and heavier but I buy once in a few years so no problem. I was also tempted that it's light and compact (which it is), but with this problem its useless and in certain circumstances might be plain unsafe. How DeWalt has such issues with their core product is beyond my understanding
on December 6, 2013
Great drill! The lightweight lith-ion batteries sure are an improvement over ni-cads - I actually appreciate the fact that when they lose charge they just 'die' instead of 'wind down' like ni-cads did. Batteries charge nice and quick, a plus to have two of them, plus these ones also work (as does the charger) for other DeWalt tools/batteries I already own. Case is so-so, but really only use it for storing the owner's manual. Only 'complaint' I could possibly have is the way I hold the drill (just the way my fingers work), I cover up the built-in light, but not a big deal to me. Some folks have said they've had issues with bits 'un-chucking' themselves; has happened to me once or twice initially; I have found that if you grip the chuck itself with one hand and give the tightening collar an extra 2-3 clicks worth of tightening, bits will not un-chuck themselves (drill has a lot of torque). Love this drill - does everything I need it to and then some. Replaced all the blinds in my house in 2 hours the day this drill was delivered...
on March 15, 2013
This is a very nice drill set. There is plenty of power, and the batteries last longer than my other cordless drills. I own other cordless drills, but the batteries don't hold up very well. After sitting unused for a while, the battery goes dead. These batteries can sit around for a long time and still hold a charge.