Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: Hammer-Drill and Area Light Combo|Change
Price:$227.99 - $531.27

on December 13, 2013
The lithium ion batteries are great--hold the charge and you can recharge any time--you don't have to wait until they are low (like nickel cadmium). The light came in really handy when we moved my son in the dark. It is not fragile. Plenty of power in the drill.
on February 14, 2011
I bought this for my husband for Christmas. I always jammed his old one when I used it. So I needed one more user friendly. Oh yeah I bought it for him. He used it over a dozen times and really liked it. The little light helps. The battery last long. The second one is ready to go so never without power. It is so great without the cord and the power behind it is great too. We have no complaints. We use it just for the home of course. His old bits work with it but will get updated ones for father's dad. The chuck size is bigger. I'd buy it all over again.
on March 29, 2013
I have been very pleased with my DeWalt drill. It is very reliable, comfortable to use and lightweight. The LED, front-facing light on the drill is extremely helpful because my projects never have enough light to see what I'm doing. The 18V batteries hold their charge for an extended period, unlike some batteries I've used with other brands.
on January 7, 2014
This is a great set for the money and it was a steal on Amazon. The 18v lithium batteries last so much longer than the regular batteries and can be used with all of our other Dewalt tools that are 18v.

We had ours for only a month before it broke but my husband is in construction and uses it more than the average handyman will. He treats his tools like fine china so misuse was not an issue. It was purchased from Amazon and they were absolutely fantastic during the return process. They replaced it and immediately sent us a replacement which we received within 3 days. We didn't have to fork out another cent during the process as long as we returned the broken drill within their requested timeframe which gave us four weeks.

The new one has metal where the bits go instead of plastic which was on the original one we received. I am guessing Dewalt had a problem with the plastic and switched to metal. The new one we received is used often and going strong!
on August 31, 2013
This was kind of an unusual combination of tools. I bought this on sale. It was a good price for the drill alone; it was like I got the light for free. The drill is powerful, compact, and solidly built. I've already used in as a regular drill and as a hammer drill and it worked well in both cases. I don't think that this tool will do for the professional, but it will meet the need for most people.

Compared to the new LED trouble lights on the market, this one is big and heavy. I would suspect the battery life is shorter than an LED version, but I really don't know. I have used it for an hour or so without any sign that the battery was giving up. On the plus side, the light is very bright, and lights a large area evenly. The color of the light is like daylight, illuminating items so that their natural colors show up nicely.
on November 17, 2013
Lithium batteries stop working when they loose a certain degree of charge. There is no warning. Usually happens when a drill bit is stuck in whatever you are drilling, very annoying! I have same hammerdrill with 18 volt nicads and it is my preferred tool, when it starts to slow down I know it is time to change batteries, or you can at least wait a view seconds and get the drill bit out before switching batteries - not the lithium. Maybe should have red led when battery will quit soon?? It is OK for light work or someone without huge hands and arms that has issues with the heavy nicads.
on June 3, 2013
I received an offer form amazon on this drill /light/ 2 LI-ion battery's and a nice case. I didn't use the drill for a couple of weeks after I received it, then I tried it out putting down 8 sheets of plywood on a floor. after 50-60 screws the drill ran but the chuck wouldn't spin. I found out the speed selector(1-2) was hit with my left hand and it went into Neutral. Very touchy, this happened many times, when i was 3/4 through the project the bit would fall out of the chuck. I then had to tighten the chuck every 40-50 screws. it continued to get worse. Forget about using reverse. the chuck spins open. NOW, several hundred screws later the chuck is good for ONE screw.
Nice little light, Very nice case, the battery's are the " lite" version. There OK but didn't realize those were the ones with the offer. Did I mention it came with a very nice case??? DON'T buy if you do any more that minimal work
on January 26, 2013
I am an amateur with fixing things and building things. I am perhaps not the best person to review this tool, but for my needs, this thing is outstanding. It replaces another Dewalt drill, that I had to plug in, and was limited. I am thrilled with this new drill as I can far more easily drive screws and bolts without boogering up the screw heads. It is SO much easier to control the speed and torque. I also used this to drive some bolts into a shelving system. This task used to take about 30 minutes with a ratchet wrench. This hammer drill cut the time down to 10 minutes, and the bolts were now torqued correctly!
I've borrowed similar Dewalt drills to help my brother in law build a rather large deck. Dewalt makes really nice tools.
on March 19, 2015
I gave one of these to both of my sons for Christmas. They use them constantly. Having an impact tool built into a cordless drill is very convenient and works well for handyman projects. The drill and drive functions work well. I particularly like the fact that the batteries can be used with other DeWalt products.
on October 28, 2012
Works great, battery lasts a long time and recharges in 20-30mins. Not had any problems with the chuck as noted in other reviews. No complaints at all.