Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2013
Smoother, better filled, whiter light with good color rendering.
Strong center spot with good wide angle distribution.
Draws 240mA at 18V for 4.3 Watts of power consumption = a very bright flashlight.
Run time about 10 hours with 2400mAH rated 18V XRP batteries.
This is over 3 times the run time of the 900mA standard bulb, with much brighter and more useful light
Not cheap but it makes the DW919 far more useful.
on February 9, 2013
The light is much whiter and that makes it much easier to see details. The concentrated middle beam is pretty narrow, but it is way brighter than the regular light. It also lights up a much larger area than I expected that isn't that much smaller than the normal bulb, but I find it easier to use this lighter outer area. Again because of it being white light and not the normal yellow. I decided to get this after breaking yet another bulb when I jarred the light to hard after it had been on for some time. I have yet to see how much longer a battery lasts as I have yet to change the battery on that light. I was wrong at first. I couldn't get it fit my 919 light at first and thought it needed to be modified. So, I went to modify it to make it fit and was able to get it on so, it does fit the 908 and 919. Buy this bulb. Pictures of the lights side by side are up to look at also.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 10, 2012
I bought this for my DEWALT DW908 18-Volt Pivoting Head Cordless Flashlight. The light runs cooler now and I'm sure the battery life will improve but I haven't tested it myself yet. I'll probably order another one for my flexible neck 18-Volt flashlight.

UPDATE - I was at a DeWalt factory service center store recently (Sept 2012) and they were selling this item for over $40. While my review title says "a little pricey" the Amazon price is a lot better than the DeWalt direct price.
on July 5, 2013
I ordered this LED light for my Dewalt flexible neck battery-powers work light and it is extremely bright. It is difficult to install on the light but once you fiddle with it a while and get the very thin threads lined up to screw onto the light and turn it on it is terrific. I used it for several hours while working under the kitchen sink and it stayed bright the entire time with little drain on the Dewalt battery. It arrived fast and packed well. I recommend this LED light accessory and this vendor. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of 5 is it was difficult to get it to screw onto the light housing. I had to fiddle with it for about 15 minutes to get the crazy threads to line up so I could screw the new lens to the body of the light housing.
on December 3, 2012
The first thing I did was take mine apart. It has a DC-DC convert so it has about the same brightness at 12V or 18V.
Here are my measurements (plus or minus)

8 Volts 0.000Amps = 0.00 Watts (theoretical min of 12v pack 0.8v*10cell=8V)
9 Volts 0.250Amps = 2.25 Watts
10Volts 0.450Amps = 4.50 Watts
12Volts 0.360Amps = 4.32 Watts
14Volts 0.305Amps = 4.27 Watts
16Volts 0.260Amps = 4.16 Watts
18Volts 0.230Amps = 4.14 Watts
20Volts 0.205Amps = 4.10 Watts
21Volts 0.195Amps = 4.095 Watts (theoretical max of 18V pack 1.4V*15cell=21V)

This should run 33% longer on an 18V battery vs 12V battery.

I wish I had a way to measure lumens or luminous flux(whatever). Package says 110 Lumens.
I would guess this is a Buck DC-DC since LED's usually require around 2-3 Volts. Diodes tend to be one of the big losses in energy so at higher voltages you can get better efficiency. Im guessing thats why the Watts are going down with higher voltages because the DC-DC converter is running more efficient. Maybe later I will get board and reverse engineer the circuit.
on December 8, 2012
Ok, so I can get it to stay on well enough to know that it works and it seems to be about as bright as the original bulb, though because it's a cooler white light it is effectively brighter to our eyes.

The problem is that the internal diameter where the threads are on this thing are about 1mm to large to screw on tightly to my flashlight, a DW908, which is listed as compatible with this LED conversion. The slightest tap and it would fall off. You can understand why that isn't preferred on a work light. I haven't done any DIY fixes on it but I imagine it could be made tighter with a lot of teflon tape on the threads. Or I could wrap electrical tape around the outside. Or maybe a little hot glue, it isn't like I need to take this off again any time soon and it doesn't have a focus feature so there's no reason for it to be able to turn.

To sum up, it should fit correctly and it doesn't and this is a quality control issue for DeWalt. I could return it and replace it with a new one but I'm pretty confident it would be exactly the same problem with all of them. I shouldn't have to be coming up with a DIY solution.
on October 10, 2012
This is the perfect solution to replace the old-style xenon bulb in a DeWalt work light. I've always disliked the xenon bulbs, they don't put out that much light and get very hot. The LED light is brighter, whiter and so much cooler. I'm sure the battery life will be better as well.
on September 11, 2015
I bought this LED upgrade to replace the light in my DeWalt DW918 14.4 Volt Flexible Light. Although the original put out a good deal of light, I just got tired of the yellow-colored light the original bulb put out.

Replacing the old light bulb literally took all of 30 seconds. It took longer to cut the clear plastic retail case the replacement came in than to install it. The light appears to be in the 4100K or so range - quite white, and the beam seems more like a spotlight. Not much side light, but enough. The lumen output does seem to be better, but this may be due to it being a more white light.

Bottom Line - I love it!!! Works better than I was expecting. So I get better lighting, and a longer run-time on each battery: what's not to like. Possibly a bit pricey, but it was money well spent, IMHO.
A few years ago I purchased the DeWalt DW908 18-volt flashlight with a standard incandescent bulb. It was, and still is, a nice piece of equipment and great to have around the garage. Purchased it because I have five or six other DeWalt 18v tools and a couple batteries, and they are all outstanding quality.

The only downside to that light was the weakness of the bulb; it was OK, but just not great, so I gave the original light a four star review (DEWALT DW908 18-Volt NiCd Flashlight. Thanks to feedback from another Amazon user, I was pointed to this new DCL0900 LED 'bulb' replacement head for the old DW908, and decided to make the purchase.

Am 100% glad that I bought this replacement unit; it is not just a 'bulb' as described in the title, it is an entirely new head that includes the LED bulb. You unscrew the original head from the DW908, lift the incandescent bulb out, and then screw on this entire replacement head in its place (being careful to make sure that the new LED bulb's stem goes down inside the spring inside the DW908's casing.

I hand tightened the new head, turned the flashlight on, and was amazed by the improvement. Just like the original incandescent bulb, the beam is fairly tight (somewhat like a spot light in nature), but that is A-OK for the shop applications that I need it for. Would it be nice if the head offered a way to adjust the flood, like mag-lite goes? Yes, but I did not expect that given the nature of the original. This head works just fine and is an improvement over the incandescent unit.

If you are looking to upgrade the bulb in your DeWalt DW908 18-volt Flashlight, even though this head may be priced close to what a bare DW908 light cost these days, give this LED replacement head a try and you will not be sorry that you did. Hey John -- thanks again for the recommendation.

Go for it.
on July 18, 2014
Disappointed. For $24 from Amazon I really expected more. It does make my DeWalt snake light useful since the battery won't die so fast, but the light output is not impressive. And it's more like a spot light now. I use my DeWalt tools as a pro Handyman and a worklight is far more useful than a spotlight for my needs.

Too much money for what you get imho. At 10 to 15 dollars I could give it 3 stars. Sold as a "spotlight" I could give it 5 stars. As is, you get this really bright white center spot and light bleed all around the over-saturated center. Kind of annoying. I have to aim it off-center of what I want lit up. A wider center cone reflector would make this thing awesome. Look at the pic. The light only comes from that center ring about the size of a MiniMag with all that useless chrome surround. I don't like it.

Now if you wanna talk about an impressive LED, man my new 3D cell Maglite rocks! But I haven't figured out how to get my 18v Dewalt batteries to fit in it. lol