Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Tools & Home Improvement|Change
Price:$4.97+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 13, 2012
The guy who wrote a long review about this thing wearing out... that's why they're not very expensive. Yeah, you use these things heavily for a year and they're going to wear out, but it's 5 bucks, and this is a great bit tip holder/ guide. it's magnetic so your screw stays on, and the guide is very smooth. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's not just another bit tip holder, the black part that says Dewalt is actually a sleeve that slides out over the bit tip and helps to guide the screw, gets pushed back as the screw goes into the surface of whatever you're screwing, and you move on.

Don't worry about dumb people giving bad reviews, this is a great piece to have and its cheap.
VINE VOICEon August 8, 2004
I first discovered these drive guides as part of a deck building pack offered by a local home center. That was at least eight years ago and I have been using these ever since. They do what they are designed to do - allow you to drive screws one handed. I have had great success driving every length of screw up to and including 4" with this driver and my 9.6V DeWalt cordless drill. I have never worn one of these out while using it for its designed purpose, but when I used it in a pinch to drive hundreds of metal barn siding fasteners (I removed the bit and was using the guide as a socket drive) the end mushroomed out and lost its shape.

In the end, when you are on the end of a tall ladder and you would rather be holding onto the ladder than holding onto the screw so you can drive it, this is the tool for you. Also, if you will be driving a lot of screws in wood and you don't want the skin of your fingertips worn off as you steady each screw for driving, buy one of these!
VINE VOICEon April 21, 2005
When driving screws, you normally slip off the screw on occasion, driving the drive bit into your project. Also, when your drive bit wears out, they are expensive to replace.

The magnetic drive guide solves those problems and another.

1) It uses short, cheap bits - so you spend less on replacement parts.

2) You can hold the outer barrel of the guide (it doesn't spin with the drill) so you can guide in long screws without the bit slipping off.

3) It's magnetic, so it holds screws. You can point your drill down, and the bit stays on.

4) The outer barrel makes using slotted screws more manageable (although I usually only use it to take them out and replace them with phillips screws).

I've been using them for the 10(?) years that they've been on the market. I've worn a few of them out, but I try and never drive a screw without one.
on December 5, 2012
I remember when Dewalt made quality tools, cheaper brands make better quality shafts. The bit holder magnet is the weak link that makes this tool useless to someone that uses it full time. If you plan on occasionally using the shaft then it may be worth it. Avoid if you are a carpenter you will be pulling your tip out of every screw. I bought 5 of these and they all work the same.
on May 26, 2013
The stress bearing tube is constructed of aluminum with a steel insert to hold bit. It sheared when I was attempting to remove a Torx head bolt on my plane. The bolt is installed with 18 ft. Lbs. of torque and it couldn't handle it. Dewalt rarely disappoints but as with others much of their product is now Chinese crap.
on November 23, 2013
This is my favorite size holder. I usually buy the dewalt brand (had some bad experiences with the off brand ones). The magnetic power is pretty good and its really a straight forward tool.

what did I do before the days of magnetic tip holders?
on March 1, 2016
You need a magnetic bit holder for your drill!

I bought this one because I managed to "misplace" the last one I had. I was drilling into some 2X4 studs while standing on scaffolding and when I switched my drills out, I could not find my magnetic tip holder. I had to do it old school and I was dropping screws from the scaffolding left and right because I was drilling at such an odd angle and over my head.

This DeWalt magnetic tip holder does an excellent job magnetizing your drill bit which then holds your screws to the bit. If you have this tip holder and use a T25 Torx bit, you're just about guaranteed not to drop or have a screw fall off the bit. The extendable screw sleeve can go over the length of the screw and provide further protection and even free up a hand when drilling overhead. I don't use this feature all the time, but it's sure nice to have it there. This summer I used the bit installing gutters and it was a real time and headache saver. A contractor friend of mine who uses his drill 8 hours a day said if he lost or broke his magnetic tip holder; he'd go home for the day!
on June 13, 2016
Very useful for drywall screws or anything similar for flooring, wood, etc for the home owner. Magnetic to hold the screw against the bit and the sheath keeps it from wobbling off the head.
A great little invention! This one replaces another I had for years and abused it thoroughly.
Only thing is my old one has an aluminum socket that holds the bits, which eventually tears up because it's so much softer than steel.
Haven't checked the new one yet.
on January 12, 2015
This is a handy little gadget. It extends the snout of your drill to get into tight places, holds the driver bit magnetically, and helps keep long wood screws from wobbling out of control as they're driven.
on December 2, 2014
As a weekend warrior/wanna be builder guy one of the most annoying things I faced was that annoying wobble that I always seemed to encounter when using my drill to drive screws. Inevitably I'd end up strippng a bunch of screws and frustrated. This little tool did the trick, no more wobble and very few stripped screws. Why did it take me so dang long to find this? It pays for itself in terms of time saved. If you don't own one and you're browsing through the tool section of Amazon presumably you do some woodworking activity so you should add this to your cart.