4.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, should come with every impact driver
Published on May 8, 2009 by Jeff Sabelko

3.0 out of 5 stars Same bits
All the screw driver bits are Phillips size 2. It would have been better had they included a couple of different sizes and a regular flat blade. I also have had a problem with the Impact Ready Pivoting Bit Tip Holder snapping in two. I have been able to get it back together, but it has happened more then once. All other bits work well.
Published on February 21, 2008 by M. Sullivan

3.0 out of 5 stars Same bits, February 21, 2008
M. Sullivan (Chicago,IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DEWALT DW2169 38-Piece Impact-Driver Ready Accessory Set (Tools & Home Improvement)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little more variety would help, October 24, 2008
Dewalt sells another "Impact Ready" kit with more variety, but lacks the 1/4-3/8 drive for sockets. Thus, forcing you to buy both kits. The pivot drive probably won't be as useful as Dewalt markets it to be, and having a case full of #2 bits isn't going to get me very far when I need to drop down cement board or decking using square drives. I've been using Bosch philips bits with my Makita impact and they've held up perfectly, so I really wanted this more for the 1/4-3/8 drive and sockets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, should come with every impact driver, May 8, 2009
Very handy kit. I would love to see one with either more variety of bits or without the phillips bits at all (for a lesser price). The nut drivers, sockets, swivel, and 3/8 socket adapter are worth the price of admission as is, so I consider the huge number of #2 philips bits a free bonus. With square head and torqs bits gaining popularity, especially with decking, it would have been nice to see them included, and would have made this an easy 5 star. Great kit though.

As for the swivel coming apart, you can't run it while pushing it hard against it's maximum angle or the impact will pull it apart. That's common sense to anyone with an understanding of how swivels work, but I guess the "impact ready" name makes some people think they are indestructible. It's a tool, if used properly it will work great for you.

Compared to the mikita and the milwaukee set, this one wins out hands down. You get a 3/8 socket adapter vs 1/4" and the tools seem to be of much higher quality. They give you drill bits, but that's really not the realm of the impact driver, so their omission is understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it, February 14, 2008
best thing about this set is the pivoting bit holder. black & decker makes a similiar pivoting bit holder but it is longer on the driving end than the dewalt. shorter is better in most instances.

1.0 out of 5 stars What's with the Phillips?, March 15, 2011
Keith Mealy (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I was ready to pick up one of these at a woodworking show. Then I noted that all the screwdriver bits are Phillips. What's with that? I work on furniture and almost all my screws are Robertson (no, I am not Canadian). Anyone wanting to use an impact driver would, I think, prefer Robertson or Torx over Phillips bits that were originally designed to cam out under too much torque. I'd happily buy one of these sets if they had a choice of bits other than a Hobson's choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, Excellent product!, September 25, 2011
I can't believe such a high quality "impact" rated set costs so little. I am extremely pleased with the set and am glad I bought it. Excellent price, Excellent product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of #2 phillips (good thing), June 20, 2010
These bits broke faster than other good quality bits I have had. Good thing they give you a lot of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tool Set, July 31, 2011
It came with a good selection of bits and sockets.I know there are several of each but you tend to go through them. Extension an angle drive also work well. Case is compact.

2.0 out of 5 stars Straight slot overkill!, March 6, 2013
Product Description did not list the types of bit accessories or the numbers of each and the picture was no help in determining what was included.

What a surprise to find out that no star bits were included but every straight slot ever created by man was!

The sole plus that keeps me from sending the set back is the flexible bit attachment that is quite useful.

Do not recommend this purchase unless you have an unhealthy obsession for obsolete straight slot bits!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, August 8, 2011
Duffer. "Bo" (Conyers, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The DEWALT Impact driver I have did not come with any bits. I purchased the DW2169 and was pleased with the variety of bits and the inclusion of some sockets. The bits were nicely stored in an attractive plastic case. The problem I ran into was that some of the bits defied replacing them into their original slot. To replace them required fingers of steel and the patience of Job, neither of which I possess. Fortunately, the sockets came in a separate case and occupied only half of the total space of that case. A removable partition devides the space into two equal parts. I removed all the items from the case containing the bits and placed them into the unused portion of the socket case. This is a very nice case with plenty of space and an easy opening latch. The bits case is a very nice case as well but since it was unusable by me it went into my recycling bin for plastic and is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5.

DEWALT is a maker of very fine tools but lacks the ability to produce a proper user guide or a worthy bits case.