Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DEWALT DW245 7.8-Amp 1/2-Inch Drill
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

50%
50%
Price:$166.55+ Free shipping

on October 1, 2000
While updating my workshop, I needed to drill holes in 2x6 joists and 2x4 studs to run the electric down the length of the walls. The DeWalt DW245 had more than enough power to do the job. It cut through those studs like a hot knife through butter. A piece of advice, use the control handle...this drill will get away from you if you don't.
on January 26, 2008
I purchased this drill for my 2-4" holes saws. Thought with the angle handle and high amp's it would be great. I must say, it worked perfect for the 1 year warranty period. Shortly after (13 months) it just completely stopped on me as i was drilling a 1/2" hole for a lag bolt. I was very dissapointed. I have a 20+ year old Milwaukee (6.8amp w/out a right angle handle), still works just as good today as it did the day I purchased it. So when the Dewalt died, I replaced it with another 1/2" drive Milwaukee with the handle. I would recommend not purchasing any Dewalt tools, even if you "joe home owner" just using them around the house. All my Dewalt tools (1/2 drive drill, jig saw, reciprocating saw, and radio) all died within 3 years of purchase. They all had light use, nothing strenuous. Spend a few extra $$ and buy a Bosch, Milwaukee, or even Makita.