|Item Weight||12 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.8 x 11.4 x 9.8 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||DW680K|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|National Stock Number||5130-01-449-3063|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DEWALT DW680K 7 Amp 3-1/4-Inch Planer
|Price:||$164.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 5.2A 15,000 RPM motor
- Rubber coated height adjustment knob
- Ideal for use with high speed steel or reverse carbide blades
- Heavy-duty 7.0 Amp motor provides a smooth, even finish in the hardest of woods
- 3/32-inch (2.5-milimeter) maximum cut in one pass reduces the amount of passes on your material
- Accepts large resharpenable high speed steel blades for straight edging or framing applications
- Calibrated Depth Adjustment Knob for accurate depth setting and eliminating the need to re-zero your depth
- Also accepts reversible carbide blades for more detailed, accurate woodworking; Precision-machined shoe bottom and side provides flat surface finish as well as accurate and square rabbet joints
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I have used this to widen rough-ins for doors and windows. I recently had a framer build a soffit too low. I used this planer to raise the base of the soffit 1/2". This would have been an impossible job without this tool. I have also use this on doors that drag on carpet. One or two swipes and your door is swinging freely. There are a million applications for this thing. Of course a very popular use for this tool is to fix studs before hanging drywall. What an easy way to eliminate high points on a stud or a joyce so the your entire wall is plumb.
I've found this tool to be very precise. I can shave 1/32 or really dig deep if I need. The balance is good and the center of gravity is low. It planes glassy smooth with no chatter marks.
Another nice feature is a small plastic clip that drops down from the back of the planer. That way when the planer is spooling down you can lay down the tool and the spinning blade won't catch on the surface and take off across the room.
There are some tools that are nice to have and some that are a must have. How many times have you needed to remove some wood, but you don't want to chisel it off and ruin the entire piece? With the precised depth adjustment you can make a beautiful plane cut and save your project. This is a must have tool. This tool has saved the day a number of times. I would highly recommend this.
First, the depth adjustment is also the front knob/handle. It may just be me, but after a little bit of use I tend to knock the depth off a bit because of the way I'm holding the tool. It should have a way of locking in the depth.
Second, the power cord comes straight out of the back. It always seems to get caught on the end of the board. If it came out the side or at an angle this would happen less often.
I used to dread planing with a hand planer. It never was easy and results were less than perfect. This machine changes all of that. It is so fast and easy. Results are professional.
The bad is that it cannot plane consistently. I fhould that:
- the front and back shoes are not parallel, which leads to a constant tapered cut - every cut has one side deeper than the other side, no matter where I put pressure.
- The planner cuts EVEN WHEN SET TO ZERO - I suspect this is because the cutter extends below the back (and front) shoe so that the planer cuts wood even if the setting is 0 -- the back shoe to be aligned with the cutter and the front shoe to be aligned with the cutter when at the 0 setting.
- There is not way to adjust the front and back shoes to be parallel or level with each other
Given the other reviews it appears maybe I have received a defective tool - I will be calling Dewalt about this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. Only complaint is the way it sits in its case. It moves around and tears the box and itself up.Published 4 months ago by cummins
Planer works really well,It's strong , light weight and comfortable to hold.They used to sell a bag for it and it worked very well although it filled with wood chips very fast and... Read morePublished 4 months ago by fmcon
nice, cuts great, easy to use. not sure how to use the blade setup gauge that comes with it,, in the instructions but i can't make sense of them. bad instructions in my view.Published 6 months ago by kt