Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 16, 2002
I purchased my DeWalt 14.4 volt half inch hammer/drill in 1996 at Lowe's in Lake Charles, LA and am still using the original two batteries which were included in the purchase price. While the batteries are 6 years old, they still work for me but don't have the run life they had when new (that is to be expected!). I keep one battery in the drill and the other in the charger which is plugged in all the time. I have not kept a record of the number of recharges but I estimate it has been two to three times a month. I have always run the battery pack down fully before recharging. One note, don't store them in the cold because they seem to not hold the charge as long as a battery stored in a warm place. I use the drill for home repair, remodeling, and hobby projects. I will order two more sometime in the future.
on April 21, 2003
We are a contracting company and have tried to stick to one brand of rechargeable tool at the same voltage so that the batteries are interchangable. This gets four stars because they do not last under heavy use conditions...the best we have managed is 11 months. We are carefull to fully discharge and fully recharge but they start to not a charge as long then will not charge at all. The other reason for the four stars is that they are way too expensive. It would not be so bad if it lasted for 24-30 months. We have 5 tools, each with 2 batteries and are replacing them about once a year.
Bring down the price and it would be a 5 star!
on July 4, 2002
I am a General Contractor and we use these batteries primarily for 14.4 and 12 volt drills (you can break off the tabs and they work fine in the DeWalt 12 volt drills -- have done it for 5 years with no adverse affects on the drill). We also use the batteries for a 5" cutoff saw.
I highly recommend these batteries; however, you have to watch how and when you charge them. One reviewer rated them low; however, admitted that he "always topped them off." To get the longest life, you have to run them down or their memory will tell them to only hold a small charge at a time. I have had two for over four years. They still work, but must be recharged more often. With the fast chargers, they will charge in an hour. With two chargers on-site, two drills, and four batteries, we never wait for a recharge. I tried Firestorm based on sales rep recommendation at Home Depot (have the same connections to DeWalt tools). They charged a few times and will not hold a charge if left in storage for a week or two. A waste of money on the Firestorm even though they were half the price.
on June 21, 2000
These batteries work great for my use, in home remodeling and demolition. May want to have a few spares as back-up.
on April 20, 2002
I bought two of these 14.4 volt NiCad batteries with my DeWalt DW991 3/8" drill August 20, 1999. As of today, April 20, 2002, neither of the two batteries will take or hold a charge. DeWalt says these batteries can take 1,200 charges. Not a chance. I have not abused them in any way. I have used only the original DeWalt charger. I have used them in a DeWalt flashlight, but never let them discharge excessively, or repeatedly "topped" them off.
I am now faced with a [item cost] cost (with tax) to get my drill going again. Bummer.
Seriously considering the Makita 6233DWBLE 3/8" 14.4-Volt Drill/Driver Kit with Flashlight that uses NiMH batteries--much better technology. Only [item cost] for the kit.
on November 6, 2000
This is a good battery - having 2 around made all the difference for me. I had a pair of them for about 4 years (kept them in my garage with its variable temperature) and they finally gave up so I'm getting 2 more. Well worth the money.
on April 16, 2009
DeWalt DC9091 XRP 14.4-Volt 2.4 Amp Hour NiCad Pod Style Battery Note replacement batteries may not be the same size, ask the supplier as the one I ordered still fit into the carry case but I had to alter the battery compartment to get it to fit properly
on February 26, 2015
It charges, runs my drill. What more can I say.