Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 20, 2013
These cards are brighter than the 18% I expected, yielding an RGB value of 160, 160, 160 instead of the 128, 128, 128 I expected to see. So I'm not sure if there is not enough standardization of the term "18% grey" but these cards when checked against an XRite chart were at least 1 step brighter than the XRite's version of 18% grey.
The white and black were fine, and otherwise these cards are really good to use. A little shiny for the black card, but overall a good set. I just needed to hit the 18% I expected and not the brighter version of 18% I see with some of these cards.
on July 10, 2014
These work well. Size doesn't matter much people. You do not have to have the card at your minimum focus distance. I used them real close so that there was nothing but the grey card in the field of view, out of focus even, and it did the custom white balance perfectly fine. These are excellent cards. They're inexpensive, large enough to hold in your hand for custom white balance use, and relatively durable. Scratches don't matter here folks. They make a nice coaster too!
on September 16, 2012
What can I say? This thing is nice! I'm really happy that I decided to buy this thing. I always had problems with white balance and I never trusted my camera to choose (auto)the white balance for me, or even if I used one of the presets already in the camera. I shoot RAW so that helps me even more when I'm post processing my images. Buy it, you won't regret it!
on October 1, 2014
Good size, they are nice and large. However, as another reviewer has mentioned, the white balance result is overly warm/yellow. I ordered this to get accurate, reliable results, and instead the photos come out unrealistically warm.

What's more, the surface is shiny. Are you kidding me? These catch glare from the sky, and from studio strobes. I want a white balance card that stays neutral. These change based on the angle you hold them at. No bueno.
on July 17, 2012
If you're a white balance nut, as I am, it is useful to simply hold these cards up in front of your subject for a reference shot where you don't necessarily have time or opportunity for a custom white balance. Using Photoshop for post-processing, the correction is simple.

Generally, I much prefer custom white balancing but this is a handy, old-school product and it ought to be in your bag.
on January 22, 2013
I really like this white balance card set. I have a large collapsible white balance target that is really not discreet to use, so i like that I can whip this out really quick when I'm out and about but don't want to be all obvious. good quality.
on June 4, 2015
Pros: Small and portable and pretty indestructible.
Cons: Gray is not 18% Gray but lighter maybe 12% Gray. Will create problems if use as exposure tool.
White not pure white and will result in warm skin tones

Some of DGK's other products are more accurate
on December 30, 2013
This is a quality product at a great price. I started using it and is helping me a lot. Best thing about this product is the size. It perfectly fits my accessories pocket on my camera bag and perfectly fills my frame to set custom WB. Highly recommend.
on March 8, 2015
I just learned about and how to use custom white balance. These cards are solid, unbreakable and easy to use. They are lite enough to hang around my neck so that they are available ans lighting conditions change. the lighting in my photos has improved significantly.
on September 23, 2014
I ordered this only to fill an order to receive free shipping.

I've used it under many different types of lighting conditions with the exception of really bright sunlight. The directions state that the gray card is WB, white and black cards are to adjust the white and back points of the photo when brought into a developing program like lightroom.

Using gray to set the WB with my camera provides a WB that is a warm tone. My cameras instruction for setting manual WB suggests using a white card and when I use it it sets a near perfect WB under every condition I've tried the tool.