Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on November 15, 2013
I needed a resolution and color chart for a project I'm working on. The local camera store is long gone, so I ordered these at Amazon. They are nice cards made from something like playing card stock. The printing is good, even the tiny stuff, and the colors look consistent.

I should point out that my order contained three cards in a plastic storage bag. I had expected only one, so this was a nice surprise.
on January 22, 2014
This chart (or rather 3 identical charts) is useful as a standard to test the resolving power of your camera and lens combination(s) under various conditions (f-stop, shutter speed, ISO). However, the resolution of the chart itself is limited by the printing process, so that the finest (smallest) lines are not actually resolved on the paper, let alone in your camera's sensor. Several of my lenses are able to resolve finer details than the chart provides (filling the digital frame with the chart), although just knowing that fact (and the conditions that allow that level of detail) is good enough for my needs, as there are lenses and/or conditions that clearly do not resolve the finest details in this chart. Ideally the chart needs to be bigger (but that would create the problem of using it with large telephoto lenses) or the printing process finer. For the price, it was well worth it, but if you want really professional results, look elsewhere.
on May 25, 2015
Well made and suitable for quick evaluation of lens, sensor or camera settings. When blown up to fill the camera frame, a prosumer or better camera (e.g. >~$500 cost) will likely be limited by the fidelity of the printing on the target if you are using it to try and determine your camera's resolution. A suitable target for better cameras would cost perhaps 5 to 10 times this target - so it may be a good compromise in many cases.

I used it to compare the performance of a Nikon P900 camera, hand held, to get a feel for the "5 stop" vibration reduction compensation in this camera. For that it worked perfectly. You can see the results in the attached 2 photos. Note this is not a test of the best the P900 can do on a tripod - for these, the camera was hand held.
review image review image
on February 10, 2014
I wanted to check just how good are the lens- camera combinations on all my equipment. I found these helpful in eliminating a few lenses that showed poor performance. Easy to see issues with your lens, which f-stop will work best. Price and quality are fine. I'm more than satisfied with these cards. Some of my lenses? Not so much.
on January 12, 2014
This is a tool that can grow with you as you learn the different functions. I have used it to set up monitors, and then verified cameras from their color-bar generators, and then used it to color-correct video footage. A great product.
on March 17, 2014
They did a nice job for the price making something pretty, but it is too small be be useful. The color squares are much too small, and who needs a test pattern from the 70's? The larger white/black balance cards (which I got at the same time) are the solution to easy white balancing. I think it would be interesting to have large rgb squares sometime, but the ones on this were just too small.
on December 26, 2015
3 sheets of this thing. Well it is what you would expect it to be. It is useful for checking colors and focusing a camera.
Not sure why I need 3 sheets of the same thing, but that is what I got, and that is what they said they'd send me, so that's okay.
On the back is a barrel distortion check grid... okay.
on June 11, 2015
Well conceived and made. Sturdy and easy to use. The figures and printings are uniformly excellent. A highly useful tool which I can recommend unconditionally. The price is reasonable too. My only reservation is that, in my humble opinion, the product is a bit small and would serve more effectively if it were larger.

YES I WOULD RECOMMEND this product to friends and family members.
on February 28, 2014
This is a useful tool. you can use it to get a general feel for how your lenses and sensor are performing. You can also use it to calibrate monitors or white balance in post on a budget. I have found, however, that the graphics are not really challenging enough for higher resolution equipment. Almost all of my lenses have no trouble resolving all of the lines. It's a fun tool for the money.
on April 22, 2014
I ordered this item primarily to have a usable if limited resolution and distortion test. What I received was just a pure color calibration card (it was actually this item that I received: http://www.amazon.com/DGK-Digital-Kolor-Pro-16/dp/B00EGBIZ2O/).

I don't know if the mixup was on DGK's end or Amazon's since Amazon does fulfillment, but Amazon wanted me to do a return for a refund. For just over $10 it isn't worth the time or effort, so I'll just use the charts I got as placemats and order a similar item from a reputable optics store.

See 1 answered question