Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RCA 50-Feet Quad Shield Coax Cable (DH50QCF)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Length: 50 ft|Change

on August 26, 2013
I bought this as the specs seems ok (solid copper) and feels solid. I noticed though that the packaging says 'RG6 with Quad shield' but on the wire it just says RG6. I wonder why. I examined the shielding and it does have 4. The other thing too is that it is thinner than the RG6 (just the 2-shield) used by Cable Vision in our house. With careful comparison, I found the difference. The foam wrapping the 18 AWG copper core is thicker in Cable Vision's. I am not sure if that translates to overall better shielding, and/or better performance. I tested my network speed if there is a performance boost with the RCA I used, or the quad shielding for that matter (I used [...] No big difference at all. What concerns me is the thickness if that really matters. Cable Vision's (I can't read the brand anymore on the jacket) RG6 dual shield but thicker foam inside (thicker cable overall) vs. RCA RG6 quad shield but thinner foam inside (thinner cable overall). It worked perfectly though and it seems that when connected to our HDTV -- it is clearer (this, I think, is psychological).
on May 16, 2013
I received the RCA cable but it's not even the standard RG6 cable, the outer conductor wires weren't braided properly and the inner conductor could be easily pulled out of the cover. This Fake RCA Quad Shield RG6 cable is cheaply made comparing to home depot 100ft standard Coaxial RG6. Don't waste your money for this Fake Quad Shield RG6, Its quality is not the standard of regular coaxial RG6 Cable.
on February 3, 2014
This coax while being advertised as RCA was in fact not RCA cable. It appeared to be left over or surplus cable from a satellite or cable company. The connectors were of poor quality and installed improperly with the center conductor folded over. The cable that I did check with a sweep generator had a significant amount above 1.2 ghz. I returned this item!
on June 18, 2014
First off, what is shown in the picture on this page is a white/grey cable with nice connectors listed as a 50 feet quad shield RCA cable What I've received is a black cable with cheaper style connectors. The jacket says "Perfect Vision 80 CCS RG-6 75 Ohm" with no mention of Quad Shield. This doesn't seem to be as thick as most quad shield I've used but I'm not willing to remove a connector to take a closer look. This is not to say that there was a mistake, as the label on the shrinkwrap clearly lists "RCA DH50QCR 50 Feet Quad Shield Coax Cable".

If you like to get the product you actually ordered, look elsewhere.

As this is a 12 dollar cable, I doubt i"ll return it, but I am unhappy to receive something this dissimilar to what I thought I was ordering.
on October 1, 2012
Received cable quickly using AmazonPrime. Looks/acts like same product that could have been purchased for 2x the cost at the local big box store. If you dont need this cable right away, save some $$$ by buying online. Cable works as expected, new condition (no kinks or munged up connectors).
on January 16, 2013
As other reviewers noted, a great value for the money. The terminals are beefy and made my new TV ~shine~. I'll deduct 1 star for the tendency to kink without recovering fully. In other words, if you bend it past a certain point, the shielding within stays bent. Good enough though. I'll order again.
on June 4, 2016
This item was fake, I ordered an RCA 50 foot coax cable in gray with nice professional style connectors (I confirmed what the item looked like, I saw it at Fry's, very good quality look and retail packaging for the original) . What I received was a shrink wrapped black generic bulk cable that was obviously cut to a 50 foot length with crimped on generic connectors, a cheap piece of @@@@@!
on July 11, 2014
Very high quality coax, it's stiff so keep that in mind if it matters. I used it to connect from a portable Direct TV dish to the RV and it works perfectly.
I ended up needing a longer piece so I went to the local home improvement store and paid twice this much for the same EXACT coax, same packaging same everything just double the cost.
on September 13, 2014
Item received not as pictured. I received a standard black cable with regular ends, not a white cable with nice ends that have the groves. I will be seeking a return as I wanted this cable to match with one I already own. The pictures showed the item I own now and the only thing on this item that was the same is the part number on the label.
on February 15, 2016
I installed outside (under eaves) and it is holding up in all weather. I did put electrical tape at the one connection that is in the elements.This has allowed me to use a digital antenna in my garage attic window to receive lots of channels. No cable bill here!