4.0 out of 5 stars I dont get the 1 star reviews
I was expecting much worse than this after reading the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised!

Published 14 months ago by Dovetail65

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny & Uncomfortable
Don't waste your money. Looks good but is impossible to sleep on. Its smaller than a twin size bed, and theres a peak in the center when laid out. I feel bad expecting company to sleep on this thing. However!! It was suuuuper east to assemble.
Published 16 months ago by Christina

4.0 out of 5 stars I dont get the 1 star reviews, December 27, 2013
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)

At 138.00 this is for sure a 4 star item. It seems several of the people that had an issue , from my perspective, were rating an item that cost 500.00 or more. Yes I agree at 500.00 this is a 1 star item. Will it hold up 5 years, probably not. Can it break if a 250lb or more person plops down on it, yes probably. Can I being 5' 10" and 160lbs sit, sleep(once in awhile) and plop down on it, absolutely.

For my 17 year old kids room it's great. He loves it because it's so small. One of the reason many people did not like it.

1) NOT a bed to sleep on every night, it's not priced that way either.

2) NOT for the popular college dorm room - but fine for the kids that don't have many visitors

3) NOT for the living room or your family gathering place

4) NOT if you want a medium to large futon

5) NOT if you want a really thick cushion.

6) NOT if you want something that will last 5 years, come on its 138.00 shipped!

7) NOT for an adult couple to ever try to sleep on, maybe a single adult for one night.

8) NOT if you want something super comfortable.

9) NOT if you have more money to spend, at 350.00-450.00 you can get 10 times the futon just by looking around here on Amazon and getting the true futon mattress and frame separately.

1) YES if you have a kid that does not have a lot of dorm guests and it is secondary seating

2) Yes for the once in awhile sleep over

3) YES for the middle school to younger kids

4) Yes for the people that need something SMALL to fit in their rooms

5) YES for the people that understand 138.00 gets you what it gets you, a throw away item after a few years.

6) YES for people that will seldom use the futon and just need a place for rare sleepovers

7) YES for a transitional piece of furniture while you decide on your permanent furniture, than relegate it to the kids to destroy.

8) YES if you only have 138.00 to spend. NOTHING at this price point exists let alone at this size and quality that includes both the stand and cushion(this cushion is permanently attached so for me it is not a true futon).

It is what it is. A cheap piece of furniture that is the quality one would expect for 138.00 SHIPPED. At 200.00 I would pass on it, at 175.00 I would think long and hard, at 138.00 I would and did jump on it and I am glad I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great futon for the price, July 19, 2013
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
I had a really good experience purchasing this futon. I was looking for extra seating that could be versatile enough to use when someone slept over and this fit the bill. Setting up was super easy. It only took me 10 min to slip it out of the box and screw the four legs on and I was done. It looks nice and I like the soft, microfiber cover. I would have preferred a removable/washable cover but I think you would have to pay more for that. You could easily get a slip cover if you really wanted. The legs were stored in a little zippered area in the bottom of the futon which makes it super easy when you move, too. It's also pretty light weight, yet still sturdy which makes it ideal for folks who may be moving a lot and/or don't have a lot of space. I'll be telling my niece and nephew about it since they are heading off to college soon. In fact, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice basic futon for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and inexpensive seating solution for a small space, August 28, 2014
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Red (Misc.)
The futon arrived quickly and in perfect condition. The color is a deep red, so it's not too bright, but has a very rich color appearance and blends well with multiple colors. In sofa position, the pad is not extremely thick, but will be comfortable for the limited amount of sitting time that I will be using it for. I added it to a spare bedroom to create a tv and workout room. I wouldn't use this for daily sleeping, as the padding is not thick enough for prolonged sleeping by an adult. A toddler or small child may find the bed comfortable.

The futon is very light weight, so it was not extremely difficult for me to drag the box it came in up a flight of stairs. It comes well packaged and has a cloth cover to protect the fabric. The fabric has a velcro trim around the base of the futon to hold it down, if desired; however, it can't be removed. The corners are cushioned to protect the futon and your walls from damage, which I definitely appreciate. If positioned as a sofa, there is a ledge that is created behind the back of the sofa, which provides room to store items. The legs screw on very easily and were packaged in a zippered pouch made into the base of the futon. I used this same zippered pouch to store the protective cover for future use during a move. It only takes about 5 mins to have the bed setup and ready for use, because it is fully assembled with the exception of the screw-on legs. It is very well made for the price.

As previously mentioned, it is very lightweight, so I wouldn't recommend it for use in a playroom, where it might receive a lot of rough play or jumping on it. I don't think that it would last long under such conditions, but would work well for additional seating when you have guests over. The legs are hollow, but sturdy, but again wouldn't last long under rough conditions; however, they could easily be replaced with wooden legs, if desired. This futon would be a great addition to a dorm room (or other small space) and would fit easily under a loft bed. It is definitely an excellent and inexpensive seating solution for a small space.

5.0 out of 5 stars in love, August 17, 2013
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
I love this futon. Its very comfy and fits great in my bed room. It was so easy to put togther. Only took 5 min to get out of the box and put togther.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and look, September 19, 2013
D. Marvin (Council Bluffs, IA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very classy looking, quite comfortable (my friend has been sleeping on it nightly and has no complaints). Only thing that has to be assembled is the legs. I really like the look of it for the price -- it wouldn't shock me to see this at twice the price. It is actually quite a bit longer than I envisioned it to be (in the box it barely fit into my car, and I have a hatchback with fold-down seats). I would very much recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Futon, August 7, 2013
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
I love the futon. it's firm, but i like it. it is fairly small. im 5'7 and it literally fits my height with no room to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FOR A SMALL SPACE, July 16, 2013
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
I BROUGHT THIS FUTON TO FIT IN A SPARE BEDROOM I HAVE. IT FITS PERFECTLY. I LOVE THE TEXTURE OF THIS PRODUCT AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO ALL.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny & Uncomfortable, October 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, February 13, 2014
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
The futon is easy to assemble - just screw the legs on - no tools required.
It is sturdy and looks beautiful.
When the back is down it is a comfortable place to catch a nap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't purchase., January 24, 2015
This review is from: DHP Lodge Futon, Black (Misc.)
Worse couch/ Futon I have ever owned. I have owned this since September 2014, and from opening the package, I should have realized how cheap this was. Millions of plastic beads fell out when I started constructing it that I am still finding today, 1/24/15. It is very uncomfortable and has caused many back pains... it dips on the left side where I sit the most, but the right side is even more uncomfortable. I would have returned it after purchasing it but I didn't and am living with the consequences. I am only living at this location for 7 more months and I am getting a new couch next week. I recommend not to purchase this!

DHP Lodge Futon, Black