4.0 out of 5 stars Great family game built around Disney/Pixar worlds!!
Published 11 months ago by E Schim

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute concept, but tough to play
Published 13 months ago by L. Freeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute concept, but tough to play, August 25, 2013
L. Freeman (Chesapeake, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
With all the other launch characters, they have the ability to scale walls, climb ladders, fight, shoot, fly helicopters, ride elephants, ride horses, etc. You get the point. Mater? Not so much. Mater is stuck to the ground. He can't even properly "fight" off the generated bad guys in the Toy Box mode. Not owning the Cars Playset yet, I knew having Mater might be sketchy with just his solo Adventure and Toy Box mode to play in.

My daughter still thinks he's a hoot, but I noticed rather quickly how she gravitates towards any of the others because of their ability to, well, be fun. I don't even like to play Mater because he can almost too easily get stuck on walls and surrounding scenery.

So, in all, he's Okay. Not great. His statue is awesome and he has a good weight to him. But you give up rather quickly when playing with him. We just want to fly a helo sometimes and he can't do it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family game built around Disney/Pixar worlds!!, October 7, 2013
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
Great fun for the kids and us that are still kids at heart. Characters are well built and have had no issues with using the pieces to play the games or inside the toy box. Would highly recommend watching a few videos about the toy box…once you get the hang of it you can create some incredible games and challenges yourself or download toy boxes shared by other players or the developers!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mater, January 19, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
Mater is OK on the Cars platform on DI.
He's not a must have like Francesco, but he's fun to play around with.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Ha! Can I?! ...Hey can I?" -Mater, from Tokyo Mater, January 17, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
Pay no attention to the title. It has nothing to do with the review. I just like the quote.

I absolutely love Disney Infinity and I love collecting the action figures. My brother is the one who owns the game, and I knew that I wanted to continue the collection. Of course, my favorite Disney character from the first wave was Mater, so I knew that he was the first one I wanted to get.

First off, the figure itself is very nice. The paint and mold is very well done. Unlike the human characters, there seem to be no paint errors whatsoever. Instead, everything looks more like it was printed on, giving the figure a nice smooth look to it. I always loved how much expression is shown on the figures. Unlike Skylanders, which make the characters look like mindless beasts, the Disney Infinity figures have expressions on them that show some of their character. Mater, for, example looks very happy, yet kind of weird.

Unfortunately, in terms of gameplay, the Mater figure doesn't add a lot. He plays exactly the sames as Lightning McQueen and Holly Shiftwell. In other words, the only reason to purchase him is if (a) you're like me and love the character, (b) if you want to open the treasures and vault in the Cars playset, or (c) if you want to own all of the Disney Infinity characters. I personally did not want to play the Cars playset as anyone else, even if they all play the same. If even after you understand that he plays the same you want to purchase him, then by all means, go ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you see Frank... run!, July 17, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
It's exactly like what you'd find in the store.

**My son loves playing the infinity, so if you're looking to find a video game that's easier for little kids to play, this is it. I'm an adult and enjoy playing it too. Some worlds are more difficult than others (much like the movies are for different age groups). Cars is the simplest world, in my opinion.**

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Infinity Mater, June 6, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
Don't know much about these electronic games.....but my grandson loved it. Amazon as usual had the best price.....price dropped dramatically after Christmas so I got a good bargain for his birthday

4.0 out of 5 stars The packaging has been opened. The product is fine., May 27, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
I am a customer who lives outside of US. When I receive the product, I found the packaging of the figure has been opened. Obviously someone has opened it before me, that's the reason why I give it only four stars. The product is fine, expect there's a black point on tooth of Mater, it's acceptable for me. As a whole it's a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love playing with Mater, April 29, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
Not only is Mater's design super cute on the outside, but he is tons of fun to play in game. His mini game may be one of my all time favorites!

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids love it, April 24, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
My kiddos love this character and have a great time with it when playing disney infinity. Would reccomend to any xbox enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved him., April 13, 2014
This review is from: DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater (Video Game)
Got it for my son (he LOVES cars) for his infinity game. Great deal that I got, couldn't have gotten it cheaper anywhere else.

DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater
DISNEY INFINITY Figure Mater by Disney Interactive (GameCube, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation, PlayStation 3, PlayStation2, Xbox, Xbox 360)
$12.99 $9.99