5.0 out of 5 stars not like typical lipo packs--better!
Published 13 months ago by WD

1.0 out of 5 stars I have four Phantom 2 batteries, two of which ...
Published 4 months ago by Lost in TX

5.0 out of 5 stars not like typical lipo packs--better!, December 22, 2013
I have about 100 lipo packs and I know all the in's and out's of their care and charging and explosive potential if abused. These DJI 'smart batteries' really are better. Yes they are proprietary and you pay more for their exclusive form factor and connectivity but not really that much more and they work so I'm happy with the value proposition. I think the Vision 2 really deserves 2 maybe 3 battery packs to make the most of nice days when flying is fun and shouldn't be delayed because of recharging. Using the DJI recharger a full recharge of a 2/3 empty pack takes about an hour. BY THE WAY don't EVER run these packs below 25% capacity. Stop when there is one green bar solid and one green bar flashing. Lipo's are all the same chemistry and it hurts their longevity to run them to empty the way you would run down a regular battery. These are not NIMH or alkaline chemistry packs. Lithium Polymer (aka lipo) batteries are better in so many ways but they are different and they require their own discipline and routine. Ignore that at your own peril.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Phantom 2 is such an awesome unit you will want more than 1 spare battery!, December 20, 2013
Need I say anything else, I believe the subject line says it all. This is the original OEM battery which I ordered the day after I received my Phantom because I just knew that the 25 min flying time wouldn't cut it. Now I have close to an hour before having to wait for the charge. And on that note, get yourself a second charger so that cuts your time down to about 60 minutes between flights. Before long I will order a third battery so that I should be able to stay flying all day without a break!

1.0 out of 5 stars I have four Phantom 2 batteries, two of which ..., September 5, 2014
I have four Phantom 2 batteries, two of which came from Amazon. Two of my batteries are having the "early auto landing" problem which is becoming more common with these batteries. I've only used the Amazon supplied battery 18 times and it auto landed, out of control, at 32% battery remaining yesterday. DJI is not admitting to any problems, and the PrimeDeal warranty is only 30 days. $169 shot.

Check out this forum for details on the Phantom 2 batteries:
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars They just work great, April 21, 2014
Michael Gall (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DJI Battery for Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision (White) (Electronics)
One of my first purchases after my first flight. I had so much fun that I knew just one batter wouldn't be enough.
I now have 3 and like that I'm not constantly running home to charge and wait for my next flight.....Seems expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery with 20-25 minutes of flight time, January 3, 2014
I regularly get 20-25 minutes of flight time with this in my Phantom 2 Vision. Would recommend an extra battery if you are just starting out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Batteries work great. Way too expensive, May 2, 2014
I needed a few more batteries for a project I am working on. Wish they weren't so darn expensive. Otherwise they work great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth the extra flight time, May 9, 2014
What can I say, its the original battery that comes with the Phantom. Just charge and go! I flew this morning and with the transmitter broadcasting away I was still able to get 17 minutes of flight time. I could have flown as long as twenty minutes but I'm a very cautious pilot, when the red start blinking I land immediately!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for an extra battery, January 21, 2014
Delivery was super fast (I opted for the free delivery). I'd give it 5 stars except the product seems very expensive. Hopefully, the DJI quadcopters will become popular enough to attractive some quality made, cheaper batteries. I've used the new battery twice and it performed as expected. Positive recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy spares! Its fun!, January 1, 2014
Haven't crashed yet but this thing is awesome. Only get 25 min per battery but if you think about the technology of this batter it is an amazing device. Have only crashed twice but battery did not come out either time on mine. I'm on here getting a couple of spares for increased flight time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, January 22, 2014
The product is excelent! Give me arround 20min of fly in my Phantom 2 whit the gimbal. But dont waste money in this sellers. The REAL price of this product is $159 and allways here is more expensive! Buy in B&H by the real price =)