Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2014
this add on for your Phantom 2 is a MUST! without it, its like your flying your quadcopter blind. its has a lot of important status for a FPV needs. Such as battery level, home indicator, GPS single, distance, height, pitch/roll to monitor for wind. Click on the "comment" below for my video review and how to install it internally to your Phantom 2.
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
If you've invested in setting up an fpv system, and you have a naza as an mc, get this, don't buy some cheaper one you found online. Not only does this link to the gps and naza mc, but it simply laces the info over the video, and it's ridiculously light too. It tells you everything you could possibly want to know, including the airport warnings that naza just started doing which is wonderful as well. It alerts you ahead of time if you're near an airport so you can turn back. Not only that, but it gives you voltage, direction, memorized takeoff location, and is very accurate on speed, and surprisingly accurate on altitude. The best part is it tells you how many satellites are connected to your nazas gps meaning you can know immediately when you're ready to take off instead of relying only on a flashing led. Definitely a buy worth making
on April 1, 2014
Absolutely perfect. I use this with my Phantom 2, and it works amazingly! If for no other reason than to track your battery life (but there are a ton of other reasons to get this), you need this for FPV
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 20, 2015
The iOSD mini is a must for every Phantom 2 flyer with FPV. Not only does it provide extensive real-time flight data but it also monitors battery life remaining and that is a must! Even at close range, it's often hard to accurately gauge the battery life remaining by looking at the back of the Phantom 2. This shows battery life remaining as a percentage, which is great! Installation is a snap and it can be mounted externally below the Phantom 2 or internally if you prefer. This is not a complaint but I wish that there was a way to display data in feet vs. meters.
review image
on September 9, 2015
Easy installation. Wired right up to my phantom 2 and boscam 600mw 5.8ghz tx! After becoming disoriented in the air and almost losing my phantom, I decided having an osd that could guide me home was a necessity. The only thing I feel is missing is the rate at which you are drawing power.
on March 11, 2015
Every Phantom owner (older than V2+) needs this! Even on my Phantom 1.1.1 I've used it to overlay telemetry for my First Person View (FPV). Works great, is very small, light, and comes with wiring. You will have to have a PMU board or do some surgery yourself on the 1.1.1 to make this work, but it does. There are many youtube videos describing the procedure and it is painless.

Highly recommend this.
on March 31, 2014
I assume when you buy this you already have an FPV system in mind because you will need a transmitter and receiver to use this. I really depend on the numbers to decide what and where to fly properly. Especially important to me is the number of satellites before I'll take off. But the height and distance and battery left are also very important to me. A great product.
on November 1, 2015
I love this! I was able to install this on the inside of my DJI Phantom 2 along with everything else needed for my FPV setup. It took some cutting and soldering, but it was pretty straight forward. You can find multiple tutorials on YouTube.

The info this provides is great! I love being able to see my distance and altitude. It gives me some peace of mind. However, I wish I could see distances in feet instead of meters. Maybe there's a setting I could change that I haven't found yet, but I'm not sure.

This is very handy if you're running an FPV setup on your Phantom.
on November 19, 2014
Works great as expected. Transmits all the right data. If you are installing this INSIDE the Phantom 2 them make sure you UPDATE THE SOFTWARE BEFORE PUTTING THE TOP BACK ON. You have to plug this thin right into the PC.
on September 24, 2014
love it that I can see how many satellites I have and how much battery power left, very cool
EDIT OCTOBER 26,2014
this saved me loosing my phantom 2 along with my camera and transmitter, I used the info on the iosd display to find my quad, I took the distance which was 320 meters and than used the 'AZ' ('azimuth' which gives you 360 degrees on a compass), the azimuth was 282 degrees,then I got on google earth and measured the distance away from my start point at the 280 degrees from north and it gave me a location, so I knew within a 10 foot circle were my quad was, We then went sloshing thru the swamp at the end of my road and sure enough we found it within 1/2 hour, without the iosd info there was no way I was going to find my quad.
also if you loose your quad. you can use your iosd and monitor to act as a tracker unit,(as long as you A. you still have power & B. haven't destroyed your flying machine)you can drive around or walk around until you pick up a signal than get the info plus you can get an idea which direction it is by turning the monitor to get the best signal, clearer is closer. that with the iosd info and your all set to go get your stuff.