Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$17.20+ Free shipping

on September 20, 2013
First off, the DJI Phantom prop guards are a must, especially if you are flying around people or objects. Well made product, easy to install.

WARNING: If you remove the prop guards, DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE THE PROP GUARD SCREWS! The screws included in the prop guard are longer than the stock ones and will damage the motor. I learned this first hand, hopefully I can save someone the time and money from not making this mistake.
99 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
I bought these "just in case" for my DJI Phantom because I hadn't flown a quadcopter before, and wanted to give the Phantom a fighting chance in case I did something inadvisable in an early flight. As it turns out, the Phantom is an easy fly, and all those years spent gaming paid off in a quick learn. HOWEVER, there have been several moments when I was pleased that I made this small investment.

1) I've heard complaints that these add weight and inhibit flight response and maneuverability. I haven't been able to substantiate that claim. With and without the guards, and craft seems equally responsive, and I can't prove any differential in flight times.

2) I'd heard claims that the guards were brittle, and that they shattered with anything beyond a gentle bump. Listen...if you're dropping the thing out of the sky for some reason (please don't) and it's hitting the ground at near terminal velocity...something's going to shatter. However, for my own part, when one of the prop screws/nuts popped off during a thirty foot hover, sending the prop flying, and the craft corkscrewing into the nearest tree, the guards showed their usefulness. In order to get it out of the tree, I was forced to run the remaining blades flat out, and it Plinko-ed through the branched, and then to the ground with the thud. After impact, all guards were intact and the remaining blades were undamaged. The impact was such that the IMU needed recalibration, so there was some force there, but the guards withstood it.

3) If I had a complaint or caution (and not enough of a "first world problem" to deduct a single star) it would be that the picture of the product indicated red guards for the front two, and white for the back. With the delivered items, all four guards are the same color as the craft. A second "caution" would be that these guards are made for an 8 inch blade. If you like to tinker, you're limited in the upgrades you can make and retain the guard (not by some issue of clearance, but by the simple fact that a longer blade will extend past the protected area and be rendered less useful.)

At this point,with close brushes with tree limbs and clumsy landings, I feel confident that the guards have save me two or three sets of props (still on first pair), and the prop guards have effectively paid for themselves.
on January 1, 2014
The Phantom 2 has longer prop blades than the original Phantom rendering these Prop Guards useless on the new model.
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2013
If you are as klutzy a flier as I am and are tired of ripped up props, you need a set of these. They add some weight and that affects flight performance a bit, but my props are living much longer and happier lives with them than they did without. They make the Phantom easier to see at altitude, too. DJI should include them in the box with the Phantom!
on July 6, 2013
A must have really and should have been included in the basic kit. Really do help prevent damage to props during take-offs and landings. If you have spent time balancing props, only to watch them being damaged during take-off. You will wish you had these installed.
on November 26, 2013
We bought these for the new Phantom2 Vision and they work fine. They attach to the bottom with special sized screws that are included. One detaches each of the four motor mounts, slide in the Prop Guards and replace the 4 screws. The motors never come off and so it's really just a simple change of the 4 screws that secure the motor. The P2V props are slightly larger than the regular Phantom props shown in this picture. The props spin just outside of the guards' radius fence. If the Phantom tilts over the guard will touch the ground and protect the spinning prop. This is the primary risk to the props and the reason to have prop guards installed. So the P2V will be protected from ground strikes with these Prop Guards.
on August 31, 2013
The weight added is not so much a problem. Oftentimes I fly my phantom quite high and in order to get it back down safely and before the battery dies, I have to bring it back rapidly. Never had it flip on its side before adding these and I've noticed that the guard arms (3 of them) are positioned under the props. Therefore, stability suffers when coming down as the air is disrupted by the guard's design. This is possibly what caused mine to flip on its side and even upside down once. In that situation, the guards didn't help keep my CF props away from the rocks. Snapped 2 of them that day. Ouch! I suppose I'd recommend these if you're flying in a wooded area or around other solid objects. Careful with your descent, however. If it flips over, all bets are off.
55 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
Work as advertised and have protected my props and my phantom from a few bumps into trees. Only work with the original Phantom 1 props, if you are upgrading to the Phantom 2 props, you need to get the larger prop guards.
on January 21, 2014
These are a must have if you are learning how to fly your Phantom. The Phantom is the first quad-copter I have ever owned and after my first crash I decided I was buying these before I flew it again. They have probably saved me from having to get new props. Learning to land I tipped it a couple times but with the guards it can tip over and the props don't touch the ground. I was messing around with the manual mode (won't try that again) and crashed really hard into a brick wall, three of my prop guards broke but my Phantom was untouched and no harm done to it. I was able to use gorilla glue an put the prop guards back on. I haven't had a crash since that one, but I will keep these on for a while. They do add some extra weight but I am not sure how much it decreases the flight time, they are not too heavy so it can't be much.
on March 14, 2015
they do not provide the supposed protection that are required for the Phantom 2 Visions factory installed Blades they are are not long enough .
On my maiden flight I was able to fly My new Go Pro Hero 4 on the phantom for about five minutes with absolutely no issues until landed and a small breeze tipped the Phantom over slightly allowing all four blades to contact the ground in a rapid succession rendering them broken and useless .Measure your Bade length's before you purchase these Guards. My Blades are 5" from center and the guards are 4 5/8 ' ..
Gregg deLong