5.0 out of 5 stars Pele, August 15, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: DK Biography: Pele (Paperback)
Pele written by James Buckley Jr. is a great biography, about a poor kid in Brazil who loved to play soccer, and becomes the most famous soccer player ever. Pele faces many hardships along the way to be the greatest soccer player ever. This is a good book for people 10-18, and for people who love soccer. I give this book five stars. The story of a poor boy who becomes a star is very good. I loved this book and I am sure other people who don't care much for soccer would love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars soccermom, October 17, 2013
This review is from: DK Biography: Pele (Paperback)
My 10 year old adopted son is half Brazilian and loves to play soccer. We enjoyed reading this very inspirational book together. He wanted to know why I was teary when we read the part about the last game Pele' played. The book brings out what an incredibly talented, persevering, and humble man he is--a great role model for kids. 5 star!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 5th-6th grade, April 4, 2014
Shannon (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Biography: Pele (Paperback)
Well-written book for kids with many pictures. I would recommend this book for kids in 5th-6th grade. It's a little long, but it is very comprehensive. My son used it for his "wax museum" project at school.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for young readers, March 7, 2014
JORINA AHMED (Philadelphia, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Biography: Pele (Paperback)
easy reading, well presented facts, interesting, realistic presentation of good times and challenges he faced. read it quickly before giving it to young reader for whom I had purchased it, who needed a biography to read for a book report.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for late grade-schoolers who love soccer., December 6, 2013
This review is from: DK Biography: Pele (Paperback)
This is a good book for a 4th/5th grader. Lots of information in an easy to read format. We purchased this book for an autobiography book report my son had to do and he really enjoyed all the facts in the book and it was an easy read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for elementary students!, May 21, 2013
This review is from: DK Biography: Pele (Paperback)
My nine year old (who also plays soccer) just read this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. He also learned a little about the country of Brazil. Well written for young readers and those interested in sports.

DK Biography: Pele
DK Biography: Pele by James Buckley (Paperback - July 30, 2007)
$6.99 $6.29