5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written and Factual
Published on March 14, 2010 by Tamela Mccann

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing
I was looking for a book on the Titanic for an 8 year old, and this book is more pictures than anything else.
It's chopped up, and it's not really what I wanted.
Published 9 months ago by CJ Hemingway

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written and Factual, March 14, 2010
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
I'm a Titanic buff, but it had been a while since I'd picked up a book on the subject. When I saw this one in our school's library, I decided just to flip through it to see what information it held. Imagine my surprise and delight when I realized that it was chock full of photos, information, and fun facts; I immediately checked it out and brought it home to peruse at a more leisurely pace and I'm so glad I did.

There is really nothing terribly new in the pages of this Eyewitness book, but it presents the story of the Titanic from its inception to its rediscovery with lots of detail so that anyone wanting to know more about the tragedy would come away enlightened. I absolutely loved the photos (a few of which I didn't recall having ever seen before), and I loved how many of the people so well known (and even unknown) were brought to life in these pages. Every piece of information I read had its basis in fact, and I was pleased to see that there was even mention of the debate over whether or not the debris field should be disturbed. This book gives a good overall look at the great ship and its demise without shying away from the hard stuff (descriptions even include the recovery of bodies), and it reads in such a way that people of all ages should be able to glean information in a very entertaining way. Highly recommended for readers of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and informative, March 30, 2007
I bought this book for my daughter for her birthday and she absolutely loved it. She is a relatively new reader and she found it easy to understand. I enjoyed reading it too. I would recommend this book for anyone who is interested in the Titanic, who doesn't want to get too technical but still is interested in the history of the great ship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for children, July 3, 2000
This review is from: Eyewitness: Titanic (Hardcover)
My 4 1/2 year old son loved this book. The facts were very interesting. He spends a lot of time looking at each picture and remembers the facts as I have read this book to him several times. Each time through it he finds different things to keep him excited. I would say it's his favorite book right now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, July 3, 2011
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
This is a great "catch all" book for those learning about the Titanic. I previously borrowed this book from the library, my family couldn't get enough of it. Apparently other families couldn't either, I was never able to renew it. So, I figured enough waiting, let's buy it! My cover is not like the cover pictured though. Easy to read, easy to understand. A pleaser for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyewitness Titanic Book, January 22, 2012
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
The book was a Christmas gift to my 9yr.old grandson who wanted to know everything about the Titanic. He has several other books on this subject but this book seems to be most informative with many illustrations & actual photos. This book is appropriate for a good elementary reader to adult. Amazon gave a good sample of what the book was like so it was easy to make my decesion. Phillip loved the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, October 25, 2011
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
We bought this for our son for his 8th birthday and it was more than I bargained for. The pictures are vibrant and the information is incredible. I haven't really checked out the poster yet because my son keeps hauling the book to school with him every day and carts it around like it's a real treasure. The clipart CD is a nice bonus but like the poster, not really a selling point for me. Not knocking it, no no no. I didn't know they were even in the book until it arrived and they are quite nice.

But the reading is a little tough for an 8-year old but my son is such an enthusiast, he doesn't care. He reads this book as well as he can and is always looking at the pictures. He loves this book and as he gets older, I'm sure he will enjoy it even more.

GREAT book even though it is a little difficult for him to understand at this point in his life.

A point I should make is we're getting him another Titanic book that is more age appropriate so he will actually read it and get more out of it. However, I do recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 20, 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
Donated to my sons school library and the kids LOVE it! I volunteer in the library and the book has been checked out of the library often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic, April 10, 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
This is yet another gift for Titanic obsessed preteens - my grandchildren. They both enjoyed the book and added it to their Titanic collection..

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic, April 9, 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic (Hardcover)
The child loved it and wanted to go to the Titanic display here inFl. which he loved. He learned a lot from the book

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, March 26, 2014
This review is from: Titanic. (Eyewitness) (Paperback)
It's chopped up, and it's not really what I wanted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic
DK Eyewitness Books: Titanic by Simon Adams (Hardcover - April 20, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.01