5.0 out of 5 stars My 1st grader loves this book
Published on February 13, 2013 by GoTeamEsquivel

1.0 out of 5 stars full of errors--ridiculous
This book is full of errors! It says that the hen says "Cock-a-doodle do" and that the "combine bales the hay". Don't buy for your kids. I bought it to teach my middle school students about reliable sources. This will serve as an example to show them that if something doesn't ring true, then don't trust that source.
Published on October 20, 2011 by A. Jorgensen

1.0 out of 5 stars full of errors--ridiculous, October 20, 2011
This review is from: DK Readers L0: LEGO?« DUPLO: On the Farm (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor choice for "Learning to Read.", April 12, 2012
This review is from: DK Readers L0: LEGO?« DUPLO: On the Farm (Paperback)
I can't believe this is labeled for early readers learning to read. First, it's full of words like machine, harvester, sometimes, etc. and lacking in basic one- and two-vowel phonics-based words. And it's 32 pages long! What early reader is 32 pages long? Both my son and I were frustrated long before the book was finished. My son is a very good reader for a kindergartner, and this book frustrated him, mostly in its length, even though he needed little help sounding out the more difficult words. We always finish the books we read together at night before bed, and this one just dragged on and on. And like the previous reviewer stated, it's full of factual errors, and at least one spelling error that I can recall (horses say "neigh" not "naay" as the book indicates.

The DK Readers are fine for established readers, but for kids learning to read or just starting to read, they're entirely inappropriate. We much prefer old-fashioned phonics-based readers over this "whole language" crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 1st grader loves this book, February 13, 2013
My 1st grade 7 year old son read this to my 3 year old daughter with no problem. My 3 year old sat through the book and her brother kept her engaged by asking her questions about what he just read. Yes some facts are off, but it doesn't ruin the flow of the book. It is full of fun pictures and leads the way to imaginative play with LEGOs. My son reads on a 2.8 level and reads us two books a day so I can see how the book level can be misleading. Nothing a 1st grader can't handle.I say try it out, LEGO fanatics will love the challenge.

DK Readers L0: LEGO?« DUPLO: On the Farm
DK Readers L0: LEGO?« DUPLO: On the Farm by Dawn Sirett (Paperback - March 16, 2009)
$3.99