Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on October 27, 2001
This is a fine, carefully written Reader. My son, who plays with Lego, loved both the story and the pictures. Children should be finished basic phonics before they read it, unless parents are prepared to give them considerable help. The reader includes words such as "scientists" and "special".
on September 15, 2002
Great book for boys who otherwise don't want to read. My son has to read aloud at least 10 minutes a night. He hates it! But since finding the DK Lego Readers He can't wait. He is a lego maniac. Kids can read and re-read then several times with out getting tired of them.
on June 11, 2010
I agree with the other reviewers that this is a great book for little lego fanatics. He insisted on having it read to him three times in a row and was talking about it after that.

DK had to place a few factoids in the text, which I thought was unnecessary. We have a zillion kids' books and plenty of introductory space/astronomy books, and we didn't need to combine our pure-pleasure fiction with dry nonfiction. But I suppose it didn't really hurt, either.

It's not exactly great literature but it will capture the imagination of lego fiends, and getting them passionate about books is the name of the game...