Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2012 11:15:22 AM PST
Sean D. says:
So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper ways to get the DLC. I picked up Arrival at half price, but I don't have the rest. It just frustrates me that I could get all this stuff included in the PS3 version of the game for less than it would cost me to buy it all separately from Xbox Live. Amazon is currently selling the ME2 for PS3 at $19.99. To get Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi, and Overlord for a total of 1920 MS points, which sets me back $24 JUST for the DLC. I want to play it, but I also don't want to pay that much (and am incredibly annoyed I missed the one day sale back in July). Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 10:37:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 10:42:12 PM PST
D-Rock says:
Only Kasumi and Shadow Broker are really necessary IMO. The other DLC packs offer no extra content for ME3 simply put...they aren't important to the story at all and are just extra missions.

Overlord offered some armor and guns I believe but no major decisions or anything really worthwhile aside from a great mission. You could consider Overlord down the road as its not necessary or vital to ME2 or ME2's storyline. Arrival was probably the worst of the DLC because it didn't offer much choice and there really wasnt much to it, aside from the very linear story. It sets up ME3 which at this point isn't required...ME3 comes out in march anyways.

Kasumi gives you access to your starboard room, a nice mission, the locust SMG (which is worth it) and has value. Shadow Broker is the best ME DLC ever. Simply put- its damn near required if you had a Liara relationship from ME1. If you didn't play ME1, I would still get it.

Hope that helps. Otherwise...All I can say is wait for more half-off sales...ME3 coming out should give another batch of sales sometime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 7:56:32 AM PST
Sean D. says:
Yeah, Shadow Broker is a no-brainer for me. I'll definitely get that one. I'm currently replaying right now, and hoping that a half off sale pops up sometime before I reach the end of the game. Kasumi was my second choice, just because you get the new character. But thanks for the insight!

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 12:41:30 AM PDT
Mockilock says:
They should bring out the collectors edition of ME2 with all the dlc (I'd buy it)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits
Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars (712)