Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2012 2:04:25 PM PDT
Two things:

1) Any and all PlayStation Characters could and should be available for DLC, you could even do one character DLC for (for easiness) $3 or a five pack for $10 (but they would be what they want you to have.

2) DLC levels. I'm thinking Racoon city DLC, MGS1 Shadow Moses base, MGS2 platform, Final Fantasy Airship battle ground, there could be endless battle stages.

Think, $3 for Chris Redfield, $3 for Jill, $3 for Leon, $3 for Clair, and $5 for Racoon City, as separate items or bundle them all for $12.

The list can go on and on. As long as the game is good and bugs are fixed this game will be around for a long, long time.

What DLC or DLC packs would you like to see?

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 6:09:07 AM PDT
I don't want to see DLC at all unless they plan free DLC or/and Patches
The reason is that it will just ruin the "magic" or being unlocking stages and characters to have them all. If DLC with cost is offered it will be like " Yeah I got all stages and characters but I need to buy now couple more when it become available :sadface:"
My opinion, don't judge me.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:48:07 AM PDT
I totally agree with Brando on this one I'm so tired of DLC because I just want to buy a game and actually unlock the characters or maps. Bring back the old school where you have to actually play through the game to unlock everything. I think the only DLC that should be out there is content that is already on the game itself but it's only purpose is for those who want to the easy way out and just buy it instead of putting the work in for it.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:27:57 PM PDT
DLC should not really be in a game like this because it takes away from the replay value. When we played Super Smash Brothers on the N64 we would replay it all the time because there were stages to unlock and characters to unlock.
I know WHY they would make DLC, I just wish they would not think about money.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:00:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:01:12 PM PDT
P. Artl says:
I guess that answers the question I've always had about who exactly it was that seemed to think DLC was an awesome thing. The answer seems to be Matthew Smith.

How can someone be so excited about the prospect of all these things thay they want to buy on top of the regular game? Games costing $200 isn't a "good thing".

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 2:20:30 PM PDT
burningwind says:
There is an obvious solution. They could add DLC modes that allowed you to unlock new characters the old fashioned way. The only real downside is having to pay for it but if they did it right it would extend the game in a much better way than just outright buying characters and stages.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:13:51 PM PDT
Freeman C. says:
I agree with Michael E. Beyl.

I would rather having no dlc unless they are free.

Would be awesome if they make all the additional characters or stages unlockable in game by completing certain objectives. I find this a lot more interesting. I'd replay a game that I like n time to unlock everything.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:01:39 AM PDT
nkilburne says:
Okay, so here's the situation...they'll make probably 25-30 playable characters to be on the disc (probably the most popular/marketable) and they'll have another number set for the levels (maybe 15-20?) and all of that content will easily be worth the $60 that we'll pay for the game.

Matthew is referring to the expandability of the game post-release. It's a type of game that's ripe for DLC as there are literally hundreds of characters that could be added into the experience that probably appeal to a smaller subset of the playstation audience. I don't see any problem with that, and if characters/stages come out in the future that I'm interested in, I'll pick them up!

All that having been said, they've only announced eight characters from the game and I'd expect that we'll see AT LEAST 15 more before release, so it's a little early to speculate on DLC characters.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:34:39 AM PDT
burningwind says:
I agree that it is pointless to speculate now. I do really hope they use DLC intelligently though to fill in some of the gaps in the roster. I would greatly prefer they do it as a large expansion pack as opposed to a dozen little packs of 3-6 dollars a piece though. Would feel a lot more fluid than just buy the characters and have them although they could sell them individually too.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 8:43:28 AM PDT
I personally have no problem with DLC. I hope they pack the roster as full as possible but we all know we won't get every character we want. As long as they start with a robust line-up, I wont mind spending a little on appropriately priced DLC for characters I want. The good thing about the DLC is you get what you want. If they are characters I don't care about then I just wont buy it.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 10:07:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 10:08:10 AM PDT
P. Ramos says:
If they do have DLC it should be of characters that people want to see *AFTER* the game comes out and not just ones they thought about now and are just waiting 'till the game is out to release them so they can get more money out of us.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 12:42:37 PM PDT
Waldo says:
Just FYI:

PS All Stars Battle Royale $47.99 w/Free Shipping 07/18 - 07/19, 2012

$59.99

$47.99 With Promo Code: EMCYTZT1922

07/18 - 07/19, 2012 ONLY w/Free Shipping @ Newegg.com

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 11:11:54 AM PDT
I agree with most of these arguments and they are valid points but now people play for trophies so we will see how that works. Im actually bitter that they are using the new Dante from the DMC series when his game has not even been released. Can we say advertising up the yohoo!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 11:18:30 AM PDT
burningwind says:
Hopefully they have classic Dante as an alternate costume at least.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 6:50:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 6:57:57 PM PDT
Kagejmorgan says:
I'm sad spyro and crash won't be in it. glad raiden is since snake was in SB brawl. but there needs to be more female characters, it would be dope if they added the girl from Folklore (a ps3 exclusive) to the roster, summoning creepy attack critters.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 3:00:54 AM PDT
P. Ramos says:
or that chick from heavenly sword

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 3:03:59 AM PDT
Waldo says:
That chick in Heavenly Sword is in the game!

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 2:58:55 PM PDT
Andrew Ward says:
General rule for DLC characters is that you should be able to unlock them through playing the game. Unless you don't want to go through the hassle then by all means purchase it.
In my opinion it's more fun for me and more rewarding if you unlocked a character.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 11:58:55 AM PDT
Scott Daly says:
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Lara Croft or Abe from Oddworld would be key

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 10:11:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 10:11:52 PM PDT
K H says:
I really hope they have a bunch of characters that we could unlock like in the Soul Calibur Series and just buy the DLC for more characters/costumes/maps that may be added due to the ever-expanding Sony universe of characters. It would definitely put more replay value on the single-player aspect of the game.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:15:34 PM PST
Da'Carl Hart says:
There should only be free dlc for characters. And sure I can spend a couple of dollars on stages I like. Either put them in bundles or separate packs.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:22:30 PM PST
Billie Jo says:
I agree with buying DLC that doesn't have it's data on the Game Disc on release day. DLC should only be for things created after the games release. Like adding a new character that would never be in the game without DLC. I would never buy DLC that I could unlock in the game by playing.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:13:32 PM PST
I have a discussion about DLC characters if you guys want to see it. Besides, two caracters from Gravity Rush and Starhawk were announced for DLC characters and will be free for a limited time once they're released.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:17:33 AM PST
Fahd Zarooni says:
Me too, that was the best day XD

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:25:18 AM PST
We have no one to blame for devs charging for DLC but the consumers themselves. It makes a boat load of money for them. When this practice started a few years back, it was the end of free in game characters/clothes/extras when devs found out consumers would rather pay for this crap than play and finish the game.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (367)