Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2012 9:38:17 AM PDT
Does anyone know if the downloadable content is going to be burned onto the disc or if they are going to be vouchers?

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 8:10:31 AM PDT
Karta N says:
I think it will be on the one disk.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 10:01:14 AM PDT
So...you're guessing...

lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 6:34:09 AM PDT
Karta N says:
Yeah, I guess so.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 9:40:09 AM PDT
Uncharted 2 had everything on the disc but they had left one item out, the Sidekick Shin pack. Since a lot of items buried on discs are 100KB unlock codes(Unless they are full blown expansions, like Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Two Worlds II, Call of Duty maps)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 1:12:19 PM PDT
Rodrigo says:
Uncharted 2 GOTY came with a voucher for the DLC, at least mine did, don't know if they changed it later on... Anyway, I've got another question concerning the DLC: Is all DLC multiplayer only? If I'm not into multiplayer, is this edition of UC3 worth it or am I better off buying the standard edition?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 1:44:55 PM PDT
My package for UC2: GotY Edition was also the same as Rodrigo's. The first GotY editions that came out, at least within the first five months, did not have the DLC on-disc, but they probably changed that after they started making the dual pack.

The same happened with Borderlands: GotY Edition. People were complaining that the DLC came from vouchers, so Gearbox Software changed that many months later.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 5:20:03 PM PDT
You might be better off with the original version.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_game_of_the_year_edition_available_now/

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 9:01:59 PM PDT
Jose Arturo says:
I have the dual pack and It has the DLC Voucher

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:17:00 PM PDT
To settle things, the DLC for this version has the DLC on the disc. Included is just the online pass voucher. Hope that helps.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:08:43 PM PDT
Trey says:
Can the DLC be installed, or is it just on the disc?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 7:13:01 PM PDT
M. Ramirez says:
Thanks for the post, I thought the voucher was all the DLC.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:44:03 AM PDT
Trey says:
So does the DLC install like Borderlands GOTY, or is it on the disc in the game?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 6:45:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2012 8:37:07 AM PDT
Thanks!

But another question (perhaps to clarify Trey's):
Even though the DLC is on-disc, does it have to be installed BEFORE running the game, or is it already built into the gameplay without the need to install it on the hard drive (side installations)?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:35:54 PM PST
Playstation Plus at one time also gave you all the Uncharted 2 DLC for free. Now that I think of it, I never even used the code because of this. Sorry about that.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:25:43 AM PST
Trey says:
Does no one in the whole world know?

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:00:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2012 7:01:50 AM PST
It was already on the disc updated to 1.14 I believe. If you go online you will have to update to 1.15. None of the DLC needs to be downloaded though to answer your question. Though if you have an internet connection you will have the option to download the newest patch 1.15. I hope that answers your question. It is great to have the DLC stuff on the disc and not have to download it. Too bad the offline Co-op is still messed up as far as saving the second characters stats. Oh well you can't get everything I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 9:58:23 AM PST
Daryl is correct.

The DLC is already built into the game. The only thing you need to download (if you want to play online multi-player) is the latest 1.15 patch that was released after this GotY edition was released.

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 11:14:15 AM PDT
HKDAVEY68 says:
Does the DLC code have an expiration date?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2013 6:17:11 PM PDT
It's not a DLC code, alone.
It's an online pass code that includes some DLC.

There is no expiration date for the code, which makes sense - otherwise, Naughty Dog would have many complaints from future buyers wanting to play the multi-player portion.

Perhaps, if it was a DLC-only code, then it may have had an expiration date.

Fortunately, that is not the case here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2013 8:32:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2013 8:34:35 AM PDT
The code is only for online. DLC is on the disc. Try reading prior replies before posting. Thanks! DLC is on the disc so if you want to play multiplayer/co-op offline you can without any code or online connection at all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Game of the Year Edition - Playstation 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Game of the Year Edition - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (290)