DMC-ZS10 Lens Extension The only pictures of the DSC-ZS10 I have seen show the lens extended a bit (maybe to its full extent - I don't know). I just want to know if anyone has seen any pictures of it with the lens fully retracted into the body. I guess my real question is, does the lens, in fact, fully retract into the body? That would make a difference to me, since I want an easily pocketable camera.
asked by Music Critic on March 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Image quality. There are 3 cameras I'm looking at: this one, the Fuji Finepix F550, and the Canon SX230HS. This is the only one where I've seen any kind of real review (as opposed to preview), and it's only one review, so I'm far from making a decision. And I will buy one of the three.

When I look at any camera, there are only 2 things I consider - image quality, and everything else, with IQ the determining factor (well, cost is also a factor, but all these cameras are in the same ballpark cost-wise). This camera certainly has the "everything else" part sewn up, but the review seemed a little down on the IQ. However, before I make my decision I will look at several reviews for each camera, so as I said, I have a ways to go yet.
Music Critic answered on March 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought the ZS10 maybe four months ago and am very happy with it. I have one of those wrap-around cases and it easily slips into my pocket. I was on a lawn tractor much of last Sunday and forgot it was in my pocket. Image stabilization is great with the X16 optical zoom. 99% of my shots are taken in the Intelligent Auto mode which switches seamlessly between macro and distance shots. Macro focuses good down to touching the lens. A scene mode worth mentioning is the High Speed Movie at 120+frames/second (evaluate your golf swing!). HD video is very good with sensitive microphones. ...and you can zoom while videoing. The only downside is it doesn't shoot raw images.
When I spend over $100 I tend to have buyers remorse. I have not regretted buying this camera at all.
Buy and enjoy!
David
David Fortner answered on July 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_tz20_review/product_images/
Ryan Carroll answered on March 11, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Excellent! Thank you. Although, after reading the review, this camera has moved down a notch in my rankings...
Music Critic answered on March 12, 2011

A
oh really? it sounded pretty overall positive to me.. what part of the review moved it down a notch for you?
Ryan Carroll answered on March 14, 2011

A
Here is one more review on the Panasonic from cnet:
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/panasonic-lumix-dmc-zs10/4505-6501_7-34505713.html?tag=mncol;lst

cameralabs.com has posted some test photos as well.. not their full review yet though.
Ryan Carroll answered on March 15, 2011

A
The cnet video review was especially great - it shows a lot its features really well. I hope some more in-depth reviews come out soon. And I still haven't seen any reviews on the other cameras I'm considering, so I guess I have a long way to go. Of course, none of them are available to purchase yet. The frustrating part is every day I come across situations where I could use a camera like that! Oh well....
Music Critic answered on March 16, 2011

A
Hi David. Can you explain why so many reviewers have said there are bad problems with visual "noise" at so many settings, and even worse in low light? I really want to buy this camera for every other reason, but worried about image quality. Your experience seems quite difference. I also read a pro review that said all the images were soft/not finely detailed because of the Venus processor's over-suppression of the images. What do you think?
Robert Epstein answered on August 17, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product