Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on bgg

Format: PaperbackChange

on February 22, 2012
Once I started reading Ian's book, I couldn't put it down; not merely because it's a nice book to read, but because it reminds me of many things I have taken for granted in my life, and of all the unnecessary complaints about my life and health conditions.

Ian talks about his life and journey in specific details, not leaving nothing out, so we as the reader can really know what it's like to live with DMD, along with all the unexpected bumps and humps he and his family had to face so far.

Though the road doesn't seem to get any easier to travel...yet he continues to keep hope alive, enduring the trials. One thing he isn't doing here is throwing himself a pity party, it's the complete opposite; he's full of humor and smiles.

I am truly inspired, and I do believe that anyone can benefit and be inspired from reading this book, you just won't be able to stop it from happening.
on December 19, 2010
A first person look at the tremendous struggles one has to endure when dealing with a terminal illness; but also a story of never-ending hope. Ian's insight, humor, and love shine through as he shares how he has coped with his diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, the most common life-threatening genetic disorder affecting children worldwide today. Many with this diagnosis do not survive their teen years, but with love, hope, new treatment options, and sheer determination, some like Ian are able to battle the odds and extend their lives into their 20's, 30's, 40's and beyond. Even if you are lucky enough not to have been touched in some way by this dreadful disease, Ian's story will inspire you to take nothing for granted and make the most of every day.
on January 21, 2011
Ian A. Griffiths is the perfect example of a multi-talented individual with lifetime accomplishments that put most of us to shame. He tells us about the challenges faced by those with DMD by using his life as the teacher. We, as readers, gain more than just an appreciation for the hardships he has endured. We learn what needs to be done to make life better for those young people just being diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Ian never gives up hope while searching for that which will make his life complete. Most of us are on that same path but with many fewer obstacles.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book which is just one of his many achievements and highly recommend it for all.
on January 12, 2012
There are many days when I wake up very weary and think.."I really can't get out of bed"...and then I remember Ian, whom I have met and think again... "oh yes, you just don't want to. It's Ian who can't". His book is a journey through utter hardship and heartache but never written from a self-pitying aspect, but with much warmth, humour and honesty. I have found it very enlightening re. the lives of the severely disabled and feel it has benefits for all of us, and have recommended it to many since first reading it about a year ago.
on January 13, 2012
Ian's book is compelling.
You've heard the story of "I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet."
Well I have complained about arthritis until I read Ian's book about a man that can't move.
Ian is a young man who is upbeat despite his physical disablities.
He uses his mind and writes books and wonderful poetry and creates pictures.
He doesn't feel sorry for himself.
I also applaud his parents who have stood by him and are always there for him.
Sincerely Jane
on January 9, 2012
DMD Life Art And Me
I very much enjoyed this book which was hard to put down once I began reading it. It sheds a whole new light on a devastating disease. The openess and honesty of the writer, who unabashedly shares his experiences,emotions and intimacies of a life totally dependant on others for everything, is truly inspiring. It also illustrates how a devoted and loving family have dedicated their lives to his care. It was extremely touching.