From the Back Cover
DNA and Biotechnology introduces reader to the fascinating world of biotechnology and genetics, helping them to understand its impact in daily lives.
Did you know that...?
- Dogs played a key role in developing gene therapy treatments for human blindness
- Green algae is a future source of renewable bio fuel
- Scientists found a gene that controls fidelity in mammals
- Law students armed with DNA evidence freed over 100 people for U.S. prisons, many from death row (The Innocence Project)
- In 2009, the first clinical trial using human stems cells to treat spinal cord injuries in humans was cleared by the FDA
DNA and Biotechnology uses a comprehensive and straightforward scientific writing style to appeal to a wide range of readers. It highlights advances driving the DNA revolution as well as its impact on the vast array of different scientific fields. Authors Molly Fitzgerald-Hayes and Frieda Reichsman both educate and engage readers as they explore the power of DNA technology and its applications
This book will introduce students to the topics of DNA and Biotechnology and walk them through the process as it evolves into a more specific and detailed principle. It offers students of Biotechnology:
- Engaging and straightforward scientific writing style
- Comprehensive Forensics chapter
- Parallel Pedagogic material designed to help readers and teachers
- Highlights in the latest scientific discoveries
- Outstanding full-colour illustrations that walk the reader through complex concepts