Customer Discussions > Mezzanine forum

DO NOT buy LP from GOHASTINGS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2008 1:48:01 AM PDT
ugastastos says:
Gohastings has an LP edition of this advertised, it is NOT the LP! Do NOT buy it if you are looking for the LP because they are selling the CD. Hastings is also selling other LP's that are CD's! Be careful, ASK BEFORE PURCHASE!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2008 9:29:58 AM PDT
gazizza says:
Hear Hear! I bought an "LP" from gohastings a while ago, only to find it was the CD-single.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008 1:58:35 AM PDT
Kevin Hein says:
Ugh, I ordered this and an Aesop Rock LP and the delivery email says I ordered compact discs... I emailed customer support, hopefully they didnt ship them yet. Why doesnt Amazon do something about this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008 2:19:49 PM PDT
ugastastos says:
I tried to contacted the seller and amazon about this issue. The seller says that it is an issue that they "are working on" but that was months ago when I heard from them. In terms of amazon, I emailed their customer support and got a generic message so then emailed their "investigations team." However, I received no response from them regarding this issue which is why I just posted the message here.

It may help if more people contact amazon since if there is more than one person that is having this issue, then perhaps they will listen. Nonetheless, thanks for adding to this forum discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2008 7:24:48 AM PDT
I had a problem with these guys a good while back. I forgot what it was (I order a lot of music), but they have been on my "to avoid" list for a while. I guess it's not just me.

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 12:31:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2009 12:45:49 PM PDT
B. Shaw says:
I would recommend not buying from gohastings seller here on Amazon; I ordered a 'celtic bagpipes' cd from them and I received an item that had the same label but was a completely different item from what was posted on the items main page here on Amazon. Now I'll have to deal with returning it - because I am NOT keeping a synthesized bagpipe CD anywhere near my presence. Such a pain.

... I will comment that although it took a few days for their customer service rep to get back to me via email they were very helpful about the error - they didn't even ask me to return the item. I would have preferred to have received the correct item but it is good to know that they are willing to reconcile their errors.

Celtic Bagpipes

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2009 8:18:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 26, 2009 8:19:42 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 26, 2009 8:19:49 AM PDT
Jason Coskun says:
This goHastings seller is a scam artist, they list the item cheap to attract buyers then they send you a cheaper wrong item. They are breaking Amazon seller rules multiple times in different areas for incorrect listings and abuse of the condition comment section. How does Amazon let these guys sell through them? They say because they sell so many things they think they are exempt from the rules, hey guys, if you can't follow the rules because you have so many items then don't list so many! If someone ordered a DVD through me and I sent them a Frisbee, my buyer would have all the right to be mad! How can my item also be shipped within 2-3 hours of order. I wasn't even notified I was charged until after my items shipped. I have to wait a month for my refund and if they think I am going to pass it off due to the inconvenience of sending it back and waiting a month, they have another thing coming.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 7:16:08 PM PDT
I have also been a victim of goHastings. I was looking for the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy game pack for XBox. I first went to eBay and then I decided to look for on Amazon marketplace. Great mistake! They were listing this item for $11, which of course was an amazing price when compare to the usual ~$29 charged by almost anybody but them. Of course they didn't ship it. Instead they shipped an audio CD of a super unknown artist. I haven't received the order yet, but I really don't know if I should burn the [censor beep] CD or send it back to them and demand a refund. I've also tried uselessly to contact them but they insist on ignoring my messages. Amazon: Please take these guys out from your marketplace. I've always had the confidence to make deals with the guys selling in your website... until now.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 3:24:54 PM PDT
L. Vinson says:
gohastings sent me a defective cd also, I don't understand why Amazon allows them to sell, I tried to contact them over and over and they would not answer me. The say they have 100% satisfaction guarantee but they do not honor it, that is a total lie - it annoys me they allow them to sell products.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 4:05:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 25, 2009 4:06:34 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 10:31:07 AM PDT
I ordered Trio2 from Gohastings but received Trio. It's in good conditition and I'm ok with it......would have probably ordered it sooner or later, but the fact is that I got the wrong item. The packing list enclosed with the CD clearly shows Trio2. After reading these other stories I don't think I'll order from them again.

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 8:47:29 PM PDT
oh...just me says:
HEY AMAZON: LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE!!! NOW!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2009 6:59:08 AM PDT
M. Meachen says:
I just bought a copy of Wii Fit Pluas. I received a copy of Wii Fit. I asked for and the invoice verified this choice, a copy of Wii Fit PLUS. Why would I need a copy of Wii Fit? I already have that.

The response has been to send me a label for return, with no explanation as to why I was given the wrong CD. I WON'T BE DOING BUSINESS WITH GOHASTINGS EVER AGAIN.

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 6:11:31 AM PST
T. McKinney says:
I would also stay away from GoHastings.

I just ordered 9 Blu-Rays from them about a week and a half ago, and they sent me an e-mail 7 days later saying they had to cancel 7 of them because they were "out of stock". I then checked the website, and all of them still said in stock. So their inventory system sucks balls. Also, I ended up being overcharged for shipping. They charge $2.99 for the first movie, and $1 for each additional after the first. So my original shipping charge was $10.99 for the 9 movies (coming out to $1.22/movie). Then when they canceled 7 of the movies, I was charged $3.99 to ship 2 movies (coming out to $1.50/movie). This would have been $2.44 based on my original order.

Also, for one of the 2 movies I actually received, the slip cover was obviously printed out on someone's $20 inkjet printer. The disc works fine, and I know it's just for show, but it's still a little disappointing since the text is unreadable.

The whole company just seems shady and they just give a stock response of "We apologize and sincerely appreciate your business" when you confront them about their inventory system and their shipping scam.

Posted on Dec 5, 2009 4:37:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2009 4:43:12 PM PST
Rascolme says:
YES! I COMPLETELY AGREE. GoHastings is by far the worst seller on Amazon. I purchased a record and they idiotically sent it to me in an envelope. It arrived literally shattered with bent corners and scratches. They should have sent it in a record mailer like anyone with half a brain would have done. I returned it and because they do not respond to emails, I've had to file an A-to-Z guarantee.
DO NOT BUY FROM GOHASTINGS. Additionally, I've read elsewhere on the net that these guys were purchased by Walmart in 1991 which could explain, the cost cutting, incorrect listings and outright scams. Amazon needs to reprimand these guys (better yet remove them from the marketplace) and make their feedback system more improved. Because GoHastings sells so many things, negative feedbacks (and there are many for GoHastings) are buried by routine comments within minutes. Big Sellers get away with shoddy customer service where Small Sellers are held to the flame percentage wise. I'm never buying from GoHastings again and I would advise others to do the same.

Posted on Dec 7, 2009 3:05:33 PM PST
mombo39 says:
DO NOT BY FROM GOHASTINGS! I ordered and paid for a new cd set and they sent me a very used set. The front of the box was torn and retaped and the cds were opened and used. They didn't even put packaging in the shipping box which was way to big for the item. I too got the automated answer "we will email you a return label and sorry for the inconvenience" but no explanation as to why I didn't receive the new cd set. Silly me, tried to ordered a new set and was told they are out of stock but checked the site and still listed as in stock. How do they stay in business? I only wish I saw this review board before ordering! I am currenty waiting to see if my refund comes through. :(

Posted on Dec 9, 2009 11:18:41 AM PST
pinesy says:
I wrote gohastings via amazon, asking about the condition of a used book. They never replied. Sounds like this is par for the course for them.

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 3:19:56 PM PST
zak says:
well i ordered a few games form them (Jericho and Condemned 2: Bloodshot) the games came new and worked fine. so maybe its just with other things?

Posted on Jan 21, 2010 9:23:37 PM PST
Ben-Oni says:
Amazon needs to take Gohastings off of their marketplace sellers list. I love Amazon and it hurts me so much that they have unreliable useless buisness like Gohastings on here. they apparently don't know the difference between white and yellow guitars, the numbers three and four, or how to read a movie title to make sure its the correct one.

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 6:30:19 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 5, 2010 6:34:11 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 7:31:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2010 7:39:03 PM PST
Splarka says:
I ordered B000MTDRKO "Ai Yori Aoshi + Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi - Complete Set" from GoHastings. I got a BOOTLEGGED (region free, chinese made, burned) copy of just half of it. They didn't respond to my emails for 16 days, UNTIL I left negative feedback. They offered a return for refund but by then I had thrown the item away.

Have added this to my userContent.css -> .offerlistings .seller a[href$="AVB9VPPZMOOT8"] /*gohastings*/ {background-color:#ff0000;}

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010 12:37:43 PM PDT
C. Coultas says:
I got burned by gohastings...ordered a video game...5 days later they cancelled it with no explnation

Posted on May 8, 2010 12:04:18 AM PDT
i have ordered about 15 items, music, dvd's, and blurays from gohastings and i have always gotten the item i ordered and in good shape. maybe i'm just lucky 15 times over but they haven't let me down yet.

Posted on May 17, 2010 1:56:36 PM PDT
I ordered a CD set from GoHastings a few years back. It was supposed to be in Very Good or Like New condition, but when it arrived, the slipcover was missing and the booklet looked like it had been beaten to within an inch of its life.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mezzanine forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mezzanine [Vinyl]
Mezzanine [Vinyl] by Massive Attack (Vinyl - 1998)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (453)