5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing Message
Published on October 16, 2009 by Janice A. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Ok book but not what it was portrayed too be
Published 1 month ago by Jimmie H Collier

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing Message, October 16, 2009
I'm thrilled to be able to review this book, even more thrilled that I'm actually the first on Amazon to do so! I'm a Christian author of both fiction and non-fiction books and my publisher (Baker) sent me a copy of Miles' new book, DO SOMETHING, at my request. It arrived by UPS today. I devoured this book. Devoured it. Now, mind you, I'm on deadline right now, myself. Should be writing my own book. But once I started reading these life-changing stories, I couldn't stop. One after the other after the other. . .each one impacted me in a unique and compelling way. I found myself wanting to cry, to shout, to get up from my seat and march around the living room. In short, I had to DO something.

I've always felt very strongly about servant evangelism. The church is called to have a hands-on approach, to minister to hurting people. And I love the fact that this book not only addresses needs individually (with amazing/powerful stories, no less), but also gives practical ways to do something about them. I sent an email to my pastor right away, letting him know that he will be getting a copy of the book from me. I urge everyone to do the same. Get this book into the hands of your pastors, your small group leaders, your outreach teams, etc. Most of all, though, read it yourself. Pay particular attention to the wrap-up sections at the end of each teaching. They're loaded with helpful ideas/information.

One more thing. . .the layout of this book is brilliant. Modern, relevant stories interrupted by stories from the life of Jesus (told in an updated, easy-to-read way), then right back to the modern story. Literally, Miles interrupts our story with God's story to drive home the point that we serve a God who can relate to our needs on every conceivable level. There is nothing we could go through - tragedy or joy - that He has not experienced.

I will leave you with the sub-title of the book: Make Your Life Count. I wanted to do it before reading this book, of course. But now? Well, now I feel like I can't breathe until I've actually taken a step in faith to DO something (bigger, stronger, faster, braver) with my life than I ever dreamed possible. Thank you, Miles, for the Ephesians 3:20-21 reminder that God's dreams/plans far exceed my own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing something for God will change your life, November 6, 2009
A (Modesto, CA USA) - See all my reviews
"Doing something is one of the processes God uses to mature our faith and heal our brokenness and pain..." "How far are you willing to go to allow Jesus to give you a new heart, one that will obey God at all costs?" "If loving God is obeying, then loving someone else is helping them obey God." This is just a taste of what "Do Something, Make Your Life Count" has to offer.

Miles' insights into having a life that counts for Christ through trusting and being obedient to the Holy Spirit's call on one's life and by encouraging us through examples from his own life, lives of people from the Rock Church in San Diego and from others he has met on his walk, are shared in an easy-reading, life-challenging and engrossing format that will, as the first reviewer wrote, light a fire in your soul to get up, get movin', and Do Something for Him (as we are all called to do). As an added bonus you can "meet" these people he writes about online as well, which makes their stories even more persuasive for taking action.

"Each of us can be Jesus' hands and feet on Earth, reaching out to others in real and profound ways." This book also includes many suggestions on how to get started to "making your life count".....Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, February 7, 2010
After attending The Rock Church, the first church that has touched my every aspect of being in faith, and listening to Pastor Miles talk. I was, am ,in awe of reading the book "Do Something". He explains, preaches, and does so much to encourage people to do just that. Thanks to him and wife Debbie, that this book will, and has, continued to change the lives of people. He has made such an impact on my life. It is a great read. Ordinary people having to endure extraordinary circumstances. And just to know a little encouragement, and enormous amount of prayer in ones life, can and will, take you to levels of accomplishment you never experienced. This is a must read, and a must DO!!!!! God, thank you for placing Pastor Miles in so many lives. Anita Goggins

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Something, May 3, 2010
I'm still reading this book, but it is very inspiring. I love that it references the Bible a lot and it uses real stories. Good book for daily devotional too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book for everyone you know!, March 4, 2010
Miles captures the heart of everyone in his new Do Something book. Through piercing real life stories and compelling Biblical principles he makes it easy to be encouraged to do something. Each of us were created for the purpose of glorifying God with the gifts and talents that are unique to us. You will love this book and will add to your list of books to re-read annually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find out what you were made to do, and do it!, September 15, 2010
Do Something, Make your Life Count - has the potential to be life, and community transforming. The book is written to allow you to follow a path, which leads you to getting up and getting out and fulfilling the desires you already have in your heart. Anyone who has made the effort to do something for someone else realizes the potential of what can happen when we intentionally make the effort to help. The stories in the book are great examples of transformed lives and the effect it can have on everyone around you. Do something, read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars DO SOMETHING.... READ THIS BOOK!!!, December 14, 2009
This IS the NEW and improved "Purpose Driven Life"! Believe it or not, I started this book last night and I will be finished with it later tonight. The only reason why I am not reading it right this second is so that I can write this review. I am not a big reader... as a matter of fact, I don't care for reading at all. However, when I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down! It is a really easy read and has several short real-life stories that anyone can relate to. There are also links to a website where you can actually see the characters in the stories which brings the whole book to LIFE!!! It is so AMAZING!!! If you are only going to read one book this whole year... this is the one to read!!!! I will be buying my whole family a copy for Christmas!!! It's only a matter of time before this is the next #1 seller!!! If you have ever wondered what in the world you are here for or what your purpose is in life... pick up a copy of this book and you won't have to wonder any longer. Before you know it you will be off the internet, off the couch, and on to something much bigger... you will be more than motivated to DO SOMETHING!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Be blessed by knowing your life has a unique Godly purpose!, September 15, 2010
This book is a thorough Biblical challenge to use our joyful and painful circumstances in life for a purpose! Have you experienced hardship, or been blessed with generous provisions? This is for a reason - give it back to God by serving others with your life. Jesus told us that we would do "greater" works than Him following His death. Too many of us are caught up in the pain and disappointment of things that have happened in our lives, and we miss the blessing of persevering through trials. God created each of us uniquely. We all have the potential to have an ever-lasting impact on those who are lost and hurting around us. Do Something (for Him!) - don't miss out!

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING!, September 15, 2010
This book was both inspiring and practical... I would encourage anyone wanting to make an impact with their lives to read DO SOMETHING!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Read, September 15, 2010
This book is truly life-changing and is a must read. All of the real-life stories are encouraging and really motivates you to do something with your life. There is something in this book for everyone! I especially enjoyed meeting each person through the videos posted on Miles McPherson's webiste. It really made the stories come to life. I highly recommend this book!

DO Something!: Make Your Life Count
DO Something!: Make Your Life Count by Miles McPherson (Hardcover - November 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.56