Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black)
Used & New from: $54.99
DOES IT ONLY CONNECT TO TV WITH HDMI CABLE?
asked by James Carney on November 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
No--and when I tried hooking it up to my tv with the cable and the adapter I needed (to fit the particular port on my tv) I get a message that says I can't use it---have not yet worked out what is happening there, but have been using it with the included av cables just fine. I'll do that until I figure out what the problem is with hdmi on this television set....but at least you can get up and running until you get an hdmi cable.
Daneen Petty answered on February 23, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It has both HDMI & Composite (RCA) connections on the back. No coaxial.

Use HDMI if connecting to an HDTV, otherwise you won't get full 1080p picture quality. Doesn't include HDMI cable, so you'll have to buy that separately if using that connector. Get one labeled High Speed for best quality.

Use RCA to connect to older CRT TVs. I believe the RCA cable comes included. Don't know why they couldn't include an HDMI. Seems silly, considering it's a HiDef player and comes with the low def cable. Ahh well, can't win 'em all! Other'n that, it's a great player.

If your TV is REALLY old and you need a coaxial connector, this doesn't have it, but you can get an RF modulator to convert the RCA in --> coaxial out. But, if your TV were that old, you'd probably be better off just sticking with DVDs, since you wouldn't be able to display High Definition anyway.
Michael Gmirkin answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
it has an HDMI OUT port. You supply the cable.
Bob D in Boulder answered on December 13, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
no it comes with av cables in the box to connect to the tv.
xlucajx answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product