5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for an iPhone
Published on June 6, 2010 by N. Cianca

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Wary of your Actual Sizing requirements!
Background...
I'm going off on a cruise and anticipate some water-related off shore excursions. So, I was looking for something that would protect our passports in the smallest available size, since I'll be wearing this around my neck.

Published on September 2, 2008 by Jason B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for an iPhone, June 6, 2010
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-46 Cell Phone, GPS, MP3 Waterproof Case, Blue (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've been using this with my iPhone while kayaking and couldn't be happier. The iPhone fits perfectly inside. I keep the lanyard attached to my PFD and stick the whole thing into one of the PFD's front pockets. Its waterproof and gets wet on occasion, but I haven't seen any moisture or condensation inside. I took a hard dunk when hit by a wave but the phone was perfectly dry.

I can talk on the phone and also use it to get weather and tide info and with MotionX GPS. Overall, I don't have any issues using my iPhone through the plastic. I did drop a small silica pack on the bottom to absorb any stray moisture. Because its exposed to sea water, I rinse the outside and the top after using it and let it air dry.

My only complaint is that back is blue so I can't use the iPhone camera, but not really an issue since I also carry a waterproof Sanyo camcorder...

5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof cell phone case, August 4, 2007
Last year, while at the beach, I was knocked down by a big wave and ruined my cell phone, having to spend $100.00 to replace it. This year, me and my cell phone will be safe. Have tested it in the pool and it does what it says it will do. It's water tight and floats, which makes me very very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for small items, September 2, 2008
4thGenTeg (Orlando, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
Colorful, lightweight, and waterproof (so far). Got mine to put a small camera or cell phone in while kayaking. It's on the small side, which is good for a compact item like a phone or camera that you want on you all the time, and the carabiner and neck loop are a good idea. Easy to use cam-lock type closure, which works, although I regard this design as more splashproof than truly waterproof, in that I don't think I'd risk submerging for extended periods. Otherwise only limited only in that this is pretty much a one-item case, so if you're looking for something to hold several items, this isn't it. It's also fairly tight for most items, so it's not really ideal for taking something in and out a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, July 9, 2011
I read mixed reviews about this product so I conducted a science experiment before I placed my phone into harm's way. I cut out a piece of cardboard and submerged the pouch for five minutes. The cardboard stayed completely dry. I then added some weight in the form of AA batteries to mimic the weight of my phone. After 5 minutes underwater they too stayed completely dry. So- I held my breath and added my iPhone. Not only did it stay completely dry- I could still use it thru the pouch so I did not have to remove it while kayaking or boating. Having this device offers me a great peace of mind for my electronic gadgets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functions perfectly, but..., April 15, 2012
This thing doesn't let any water in, I tested it for 12 hours underwater in a large bowl with a 5 pound weight on top of it with paper towels inside. The paper towels were taken out, completely dry. I then proceeded to use it with my Galaxy S 4G and took it out in the full blast bubbling hot tub, played some games, watched some videos with it, dunked it a few times just for the heck of it; no hints of any moisture came inside the Dry Pak. This thing keeps your device perfectly dry!

Now the buts:

- This is where the 1-star deduction comes from:
It's pretty hard to get your phone into the Dry Pak, not because of size, but because of the rubber surface inside the pack. As you try to slide your phone inside, it will resist you all the way in... the rubber deathgrips the back and front of the phone. My phone has a smooth plastic backing, unlike another reviewer who had a RUBBER backing which was stated to make it impossible to get the phone inside, I now believe this to not be an exaggeration at all. It takes me a good 1-2 minutes to get my phone inside the Dry Pak in the position I want, you have to do all kinds of maneuvers and shakes, which is a hassle. Now getting it out is a bit faster, about 30 seconds. DO NOT try to brute force the phone out, it will pull against the siding and possibly rip them, you'll have to squeeze the sides and shake it out. For me it goes like this: *shakeshakeshakeshakeshake**it moved!* *shakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshake**it moved!* *shakeshakeshakeshakeshake* *It's OUT!* finally.

- When completely submerged, my touchscreen will not function, since the water is "touching" the whole screen. This isn't a fault of the Dry Pak, though. Other phones might work if they use a different touch screen input method (i.e. capacitive, resistive, etc). If I want to take pictures, I'll have to adjust it so I can control the camera with the volume/power buttons, obviously using the front-facing camera unless I want pictures of blue shades. When not submerged, drops and streaks of water on the surface of the Dry Pak will interfere with your phone in different ways, but it does not happen often enough for me to download an app to lock the touchscreen. Bonus: you get get to see your screen's pixels with water drops magnifying it, pretty cool!

This product is an easy 5-star if it were easy to get the phone in and out, this is my only gripe with the Dry Pak. I do not have any issues with the plastic lock system (yet?).

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Wary of your Actual Sizing requirements!, September 2, 2008
Background...

The listed size of 4 x 6 in is INCORRECT. The width is off by a little more than 1/4 inch! The length is basically on point.

A US passport is just shy of 3.5 inches in width so I figured I have enough leeway with this case.

Lucky, with a bit of manipulation I was able to squeeze two passports in but it is a rather tight fit and hopefully the seams won't be compromised.

I am yet to test the functionality of the case so I can't comment on how well it works.

Just want to give consumers a heads-up and help with the decision making process on purchasing this item. If I was to purchase it again for the same intended needs, I'd go up a size. For this discrepancy I gave it 3 stars. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Motorola Droid, April 7, 2010
Slightly bulky, but that's a no-brainer trade-off for a true dry bag (no more ziplocks for me) that fits my phone (Motorola Droid) perfectly. You can actually activate the touch screen through the plastic, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product... and, Yup, It Floats!, May 13, 2011
i was a bit sceptical about putting my Droid 2 in this and hoping it would wouldn't sink. welp, it works!! i had my phone, some cash, and my ID in it going to a pool party at Caesar's Palace. i tested it at home in the sink before leaving, and it floated! i was happly surprised. my stuff was safe all day at and in the pool.

Great Product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars no worries, July 15, 2010
I bought the dry pak case for my husband's phone. He took the phone in the case down the flint river and it worked wonderfully. He said is was nice to be able to carry the phone and get some pictures of the trip with out having to worry about getting the phone wet! He liked that you can talk and take pictures through the case so there is no need to open it. After some time and use we can forsee the outside getting too dirty/scratched to take pictures though but it worked great for the first trip. There was enough extra room in the case to put Id's or any other small things (a key) that you don't want to lose or to get wet. He was so impressed with it I will be getting one for myself to use hiking to keep the moisture out of my phone that seems to get into everything! When the case came in we tested it with a piece of paper insie as the instructions suggested, not a drop got into the case. I plan on placing a piece of paper in mine behind the phone as a visual referance to make sure the inside is still staying dry over longer periods of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, July 6, 2012
I love this product! I originally bought two of these so my husband and I could play scrabble in the hot tub (I know, lame!). But we have used them for hiking, camping, boating and going to the beach. The touch screen works just fine while inside the case and the plastic is easy to see through. While I have not actually submerged my phone (I'm not that brave) it is possible to trap an air bubble in the case which would hopefully translate to being waterproof. I bought some similar, but cheaper versions of this case for my children and I wish I had just made the investment in this product, it is a much better product. A word of caution, I would not leave any device in these packs for an extended period of time while using. My phone gets very hot and without air flow I can't think this would be good for any electrical device.

Rate and Discover Movies