Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 24, 2009
I have had this product for over a year now and although I didn't buy it on Amazon, I wanted to share here.

This is the real deal. I bought it to diminish lines above my lips from smoking and have been VERY pleased with the results! I also quit smoking.

I have found that the system seems to work on an accumulative effect for the first month, so you will want to do your twice daily, 9 minute sessions no more than 12 hours apart for best results, ideally no more than 10.

What I really like about this product is that if used correctly and consistently for the first month you only need to use it 2 - 3 times a week thereafter and it actually REPAIRS and RESTORES your skin and the collegen in it, so it's not some fake, stiff wrinkle glue you adhere to your face and hope your sweetie doesn't meet you in the shower without it.

I love this product and have had people ask me, WHAT ARE YOU USING ON YOUR SKIN? YOU ARE GLOWING!

Highly recommended.
1010 comments| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2010
I have used this product daily for only 1 week, and there is noticeable lightening of several dark spots that I've been fighting with creams for a couple of years. Several other reviews support the validity of infrared therapy, and I also found this to be true in literature research (I am an MD, but not a dermatologist, so I had access to several derm journals for full article reviews). I am still using lightening serums also, but I was using these prior starting the light therapy.

Now, use of the product is not quite like the picture depicts; it is important to have your skin quite close to the LED's, so it is doubtful you'll be relaxing with a cup of coffee! My worse area is the glabellar region, and in order to get good coverage for the midline of your face you'll have to slightly turn away from the center, which means other areas of your face may not get the same intensity of light. My unit instructions stated your skin should be no more that 1/4" away from the LED's, and there should be no concern for your skin touching the LED's given it is actually used this way for pain relief. I let my skin touch and then pull away only slightly, which should be around the quarter inch mark. The timing on mine is one session daily for 17 minutes, but you can apparently split this into 2 sessions if desired. Also, I have had no trouble with my panels (another review mentioned this). If you try to move the unit around by touching the panels, however, they will likely come off; move it by the base and you should have no problem.

Overall, I am very satisfied, which is a relief after paying $350! If you have problem areas that you would like to improve (and you can be devoted to doing the daily treatments for a while) then I would strongly recommend this product!
44 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2009
I bought this product nearly 2 1/2 years ago ... it really works. I was and am a skeptic. I don't remember which compnay I bought it from (wish I did) but it wasn't from on Amazon. The cost was the same and hasn't changed in over 2 years. I was, and still do, use it once a day, in a few places. I use it for adult acne, and for pain areas when needed too. I had deep smile creases and furos inbetween my eyebrows, was getting crows feet and sagger skin - ie reptile neck and age spots. I looked my age, mid forties.

Now I look 10-15 years younger ... seriously. I didn't see a difference over night, but now when I see my old classmates, they think I've found a youth fountain (had 25 yr reunion and they all said I was the one who looked the most unchanged). NO one has guessed my age even close anymore.
I use a few other very good face products, but was using them before I started with light therapy.

I read up on the lights types and wavelenghts and what they did before buying. This one uses the red and infrared light. Red ones you can see, infrared you can't see with your eyes. There are lots more infrared lights on this model. I am looking into another unit for my daughters acne and rosecos condition. This one has helped her but not enough since it doesn't have the blue or yellow lights.

They said this machine should last at least 3 years ... I sure hope so cuz I'll be buying it again if it stops working! Going strong for getting used 2-3 times daily for 2 plus years. It is a bit time consuming so if your looking for quick fix this isn't it, but worth it.

Ultimate proof is I am also dating a guy MUCH younger than myself and have been asked out by more 20 somethings in the last year than when I was 20 something!
Good luck.
1717 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2011
I have just completed three weeks of using this and I'm amazed at how well it works. My skin is firmer, has fewer wrinkles, there is less puffiness under my eyes and my age spots are greatly reduced. Most surprisingly is what it has done to my neck. The crepey skin is gone and so are the little jowls on my 54 year old face. I can't believe it.
This particular device is the largest of the at-home treatments and it is necessary for complete coverage of the face and neck. Otherwise, you'll spend a ton of time each day moving the smaller ones around to reach the whole face.
The device comes on a stand but I used that for all of three minutes before I connected the two panels with a strap and placed it right on my face while lying down. It is so relaxing I sometimes fall asleep which is no problem because it automatically shuts off after the 17 minute treatment is up. The instructions state your skin can come into contact with the lights because they don't heat up that much. They get warm but that's it.
I have used microdermabrasion and renova and this is by far the most effective treatment with no side effects at all.
This is also recommended for "temporary" relief of pain and I have tried it on my arthritic hands twice per day as recommended, however I don't think it is as effective for pain as it is for skin improvement, at least not yet.
The instructions state it takes 10 weeks for full benefit and by then I'll be 25. LOL I saw nothing for the first two weeks, but now after week 3 the benefits and improvement are undeniable. I give it my highest recommendation.
77 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2011
I have gotten brown spots from using the light therapy that resemble sun damage on my face. I also have 3 brown spots exactly where the lights were on my leg. I have found it to be comforting and work for the pain in joints or muscle but am very concerned about the spots!
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
I started red light therapy at a spa and it really helped my 62 year old skin, however, going to the spa was pricey and you had to have an appt and drive there and wait. I've found this unit to be really helpful to my skin, it makes it softer and brighter and I have less lines, and I don't have to drive and wait for my appt at the spa~ I can use it at my convenience. It works very, no problems. I would definitely recommend it. It's helpful - but don't expect miracles and be realistic.
on April 11, 2011
Turn on your DPL and take a photo of the light using your digital camera. The image you'll see is spectacular. You'll see the invisible lights they talk about. But I use this machine as if the panels are hugging my face - about half an inch or so from my skin; and it's harmless. I ditched the stand after about a month because it was poorly made and it took a lot of space. It was too expensive to break.

I use this on my face, hands, neck and areas like the back of my knees and feet where I started seeing varicose veins. I stopped crossing my legs when sitting about 10 years ago so I still have great looking legs. I also invested on a sturdy yoga block and make a habit of standing/balancing on it on one leg 2-3 times daily. TheWave is also great for balancing, which I have also.

Don't forget to use the DPL on muscle pains. I hope you'll give this machine a try. It hasn't dropped in price because it works!
on December 30, 2014
I purchased this a few months ago. First let me start off by telling you that I am a licensed Esthetician I purchased this unit to use for myself to at home because when work is over I just want to go home.I have a professional unit I use at work that is hand held and takes 20 minutes for one treatment and only does one part of your face at a time. The unit at work is the same strength as this unit the only difference is the work unit is more durable and is made to be used many times a day I also paid just under 2000.00 dollars for it. So if you want a unit that is just as strong and powerful as a professional unit this is it. This is fantastic. It definitely helps with wrinkles and my complexion. My wrinkles are not completely gone but are significantly less then they were. I noticed the lines between my eyebrows and nasal labia folds are reduced. This to me is the closest to plastic surgery that I can afford. It also promotes healing. If you happen to have a blemish it will heal 2-3 times faster. This would also be great after a facial treatment that might cause bruising. I also use this on my lower back for pain and it really seems to help. I know this is more expensive than other models but this is the same strength as a professional machine plus you can do your entire face at once. I also started using this on my upper chest and notice animprovement. The skin appears much smoother.
on April 12, 2009
I have had this device for over a year. I used it for a couple of months exactly as instructed, and my skin seemed to be a little more radiant. But I stopped using the device because my fair skin developed sun spots for the first time (on the cheeks). Since I always use sunscreen and hats, and avoid midday direct sun, I suspected the LED device was the culprit. I stopped using the device and had laser removal of the spots (expensive but effective). However, I resumed using the device last month because I kept hearing that it plumps up the skin and increases radiance, and I am vain. But within 3 weeks, I again had discoloration spots appear on my cheeks. I am done with this experiment.
1616 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2009
I was unsure if this was a gimmick or not. I did some online research and read a few medical research articles about the successful use of infrared and near-infrared for improving circulation, speeding healing, and reducing pain. I took the plunge. Because LEDs last much longer than incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, I rely on the device lasting for many, many years.

A single treatment is 9 minutes and the device times it for you, beeping to mark each minute before turning itself off after 9 minutes. For the first month, you use it twice a day, and then just once a week thereafter for maintenance. It firms and hydrates the skin. Your face feels more taut. For me, the benefits have been good, although subtle. I have always been fastidious about skincare, avoiding sun, using moisturizer, and exfoliating. I am really happy with it as an adjunct to my normal routine. The texture of my skin has improved, it is more translucent and has better color, and the depth of fine wrinkles has been reduced.

I recommend this as a way of taking care of your skin and keeping it looking healthy. I like it because it stimulates my skin's natural self-maintenance. Unlike alpha-hydroxy and glycolic acid, retinols, and other topicals, it is not irritating, and has yielded better results for me. If definite, moderate skin improvement is worth the investment to you, this is a great device.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse