4.0 out of 5 stars Worked as described
Published on June 13, 2008 by P. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Packaging caused a leak
There is a sharp-edged cardboard card that for some reason the manufacturers decided to put INSIDE the pouch that is virtually impossible to remove without cutting the card or damaging the pouch itself.

Published on August 10, 2010 by Califrisco

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked as described, June 13, 2008
P. Jones (Armonk, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
Purchased this Kwik Tek Dry pak to use on a trip to Dominican Republic. Spent considerable time swimming & snorkeling and used this pack all the time. Stuffed it in a velcro pocket of my swimming trunks and off I went. Worked like a charm. Perfect for holding a bunch of $$ bills, credit card, safe key & room key. One word of caution. When you receive your pack in the mail, there is a piece of cardboard inside each pack. It is so tightly inserted that you can tear or stretch the pack by accident. Try folding the cardboard inside the pack to make it easier to remove. Aside from that, I was pleased overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really stays dry!, June 28, 2008
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
I researched all of the little dry paks that amazon was selling and this one seemed to get good reviews and wasn't the most expensive one there was. So we received it and tried it out at a water park and it was true to it's word. Nothing got wet! I would definitely recommend this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Packaging caused a leak, August 10, 2010
Califrisco (SF Bay Area, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)

I decided to try to fold the card inside the pouch (rather than to risk a scissor edge cutting the plastic) and did removed it. But after trying very hard not to cut or damage the soft plastic I wasn't successful because the corner edge of the card scored the plastic and effectively cut it open. This then caused it to fail the water test, which unfortunately I just found out before leaving on my trip where I would have needed this protection.

I'm sure the product would have been fine if the makers would have thought about this critical packaging detail. They could have printed the inside card on softer paper or cloth or kept the damn card simply out of the pouch and attached it to the outside via some removable adhesive. But instead, they effectively risked ruining their own product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat wallet., January 26, 2009
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
I got a wallet for myself and my wife. We took them on a recent trip to Costa Rica. They worked really well. I had mine on for several hours while in the pool and everything inside stayed perfectly dry. My only complaint is the top opening is a bit small and that makes getting to cash, cards, etc. a bit difficult. Overall, a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Saved My Cash, April 17, 2009
Dane Stokes (Dublin, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
I purchased this product from amazon, for a trip I just took to the Bahamas Paradise Island Atlantis. Having lost my wallet before at the beach, I was seeking and alternative to carrying my cash and ID. I was very please with this products performance!,, The product has and Ample pocket enough to hold a couple of 100 in small bills plus room for your ID and credit cards. The seal is very tigh and water proof due to the camlocking action of the two black clamping mechanisms. If you don't want to wear it around your neck you can use the neck string as a lanyard and tie it to your belt loop or other attachment oint on your swim truncks and it will not got anywhaere.. It fell out of my pocket several times during the day whil in the water, and the lanyard kept it from floating away. Another great thing about this product is you can put a little air in it, and it floats as advertised. so if you did not tie it on , there is a good chance you'll be able to find your stuff because the pouch will float to the top and you'll see the bright yellow plastic very easily. Gret product!.. I highly recomend it for beach goers, or any water sports!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dry wallet for snorkeling, March 26, 2009
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
On my trip to Hawaii this month, I wanted to have a dry wallet to story my money and car keys while snorkeling. I used it for a week straight with no problems, it kept everything dry. It's a good size that it's not too big, but big enough to store rental car keys along with credit card, IDs, and money.

I was able to use the neck string to secure the wallet to my swim suit tie string. With the string tied to my swim suit, the wallet easily went into my pocket. I never worried about losing it while swimming. If it were to come out of my pocket (which it never did), it would still be tied to me.

I'll definitely use it again next time I snorkel or dive.

Like most reviews bring up, be careful when remove the cardboard insert that is inside the wallet when you get it new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept our stuff Dry!!!!!, February 26, 2008
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
My wife and I just returned from Mexico a couple days ago. We rent dune buggies each year and get into some messy places and some river crossings. Our previous years we would put our money and small items in a zip lock bag and they still got soaked! These little dry paks were the ticket and all inside stayed bone dry. I even wore my in the pool with pesos inside and the handy little dry pak kept my pesos dry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, March 14, 2011
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
I purchased this product for use while snorkeling. I used it three times and it leaked each time. The wallet is easy to use; insert your items, close the opening, and turn the two locking knobs.
Becaused the wallet leaked, I carefully checked the seal for debris, but I could do nothing to stop the leaking.
It's likely that I have a rare bad wallet, but I can't recommend this product. It's not waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars No water here!, April 15, 2009
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
Kwik Tek Dry Pak Alligator Wallet (4-Inch x 4-Inch)
I bought 3 of these to be used on shore excursions we had booked on a Cruise. They worked wonderful. No water ever seeped in. My family had no complaints with the room for $,c.cards,id's & a laminated copy of passport.I did use scissors to cut the card inside that comes with it.It would have been a tight squeeze to remove.I had people stop me & ask where I got this product. It sure does beat using that "plastic box" around your neck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, July 29, 2008
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet (Sports)
I purchased this for a trip to the Dominican Republic. It seemed to work fine. It's pretty basic construction so I was confident it would hold together. It's not that big so you can only hold some money, an id or two and your key minus the ring (our hotel had a real key).

DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet