5.0 out of 5 stars Kwik Tek Dry Pak
I use this little pack for carrying my ID and some money while snorkling. This saves me from having to worry about leaving my stuff on the beach while I'm in the water. I can attest to the pack being waterproof to at least 20 feet deep. The waist belt that came with it fit fine (I'm a 40 waist).
Published on March 30, 2009 by R. Carroll

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well when not overloaded
Published on March 5, 2009 by sunnymonkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well when not overloaded, March 5, 2009
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
This product works well when it is not overloaded. The first time we used it, I think we put too much (2 cell phones, car keys, cash & credit cards) and it leaked. The weight from the cell phones pulled at the seal and allowed water in, I believe. The other times we used it without the cell phones, there was no water at all. I had also bought a waterproof camera case that utilized a "ziploc type seal, then roll the seal down and hold it in place with velcro" system which seems a lot more secure against accidental leakages. If you can find a bag that has that system, I would recommend you get that instead.

That said, I liked the fact that this had a belt rather than a lanyard like the other products because we used it while snorkeling and having it around the neck would have been annoying and a hazard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kwik Tek Dry Pak, March 30, 2009
R. Carroll (Central Florida) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof; great buy, January 9, 2009
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
We got this to take with us when we went snorkeling. It was very durable and didn't leak. When I first ordered it I didn't realize it would be so big. it was a little too bulky for our keys and a few bucks. So, if you are not going to put your passport or other documents in this pack I would recommend to look for a smaller version.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!, September 27, 2010
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
Ok so i purchased this dry pack after reading reviews about how it doesn't work and how it leaks at times and that the directions clearly state not to submerge it into water, even though it advertises that it is completely waterproof. After reading these reviews, I still went for it and this is what i found:

First you have to consider that it is less than a $20 purchase. The product is actually built pretty solid. The quality of the plastic isn't cheap and the nylon belt isn't cheap either. The only component that I'd have any complaint about is the aluminum clip that attaches the bag to the belt. I had a fear that it might open up during my snorkeling sessions so I solved the problem by putting some duct tape around it to make sure it doesn't slip open.

The next fear was the water leaking in. SOLUTION: i put my stuff in a little plastic ziplock and then put it in the bag. Worked like a charm. Yes, the bag leaked a bit at times, maybe a couple of drops, but even if it leaked a lot i was protected. The point of this bag is to serve as a fairly decent waterproof package that you can connect to yourself using the belt. It wasn't too much of a burden for me to just bag my ID, money, coins, passport, etc. in a ziplock and stuff it in the bag. I'm very satisfied with the use i got out of the pack and look forward to using it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly, January 15, 2010
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
I had this for just a week when one of the fasteners broke. Even before that, it was very difficult to close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!, May 31, 2008
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
Product works and works well!! used it on a cruise while doing excursions..snorkeling, swimming, etc and everything remains dry! air tight compartment! love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked once then leaked., October 30, 2008
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
Bought this for a couple of cruise excursions. It worked great for a river tube float but when we snorkeled with it it leaked hence wet passports, money, etc.. If you purchase this make sure you test it before you use it!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked then lost, August 16, 2010
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
This thing leaked like a sieve the first time we used it, forcing us to have to keep our belongings in a zip lock inside the bag, defeating the purpose. Then on the third use it came loose from the clip in the water and it was lost. Thank goodness a kind individual turned it in to the lifeguard! I have bought a couple of the larger Kwik Tek Dry Packs in the past and didn't have the same problem with leakage and loss, but it will be difficult to trust their products again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, August 15, 2009
Perseus (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
Every time I used this dry pak in a pool or beach water would get in. I also purchased a smaller one, which would also let some water in. The only system that seemed to work is to place the items in the small dry pak and then the small dry pak in the bigger dry pak. Anyway, I would not put anything that can be ruined by water inside these dry paks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost at sea, July 4, 2010
RTH "RTH" (Havertown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch (Sports)
I used this pack in Curacao while snorkeling. Had 2 driver's licenses, $40, and ships cards. The pack released from the carabiner clip and was lost. DON"T BUY IT!

DRY PAK DP-65 Waterproof Case 6 Inch x 5 Inch