Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Yellow/Blue|Change

on March 30, 2009
I use this little pack for carrying my ID and some money while snorkling. This saves me from having to worry about leaving my stuff on the beach while I'm in the water. I can attest to the pack being waterproof to at least 20 feet deep. The waist belt that came with it fit fine (I'm a 40 waist).
0Comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2009
This product works well when it is not overloaded. The first time we used it, I think we put too much (2 cell phones, car keys, cash & credit cards) and it leaked. The weight from the cell phones pulled at the seal and allowed water in, I believe. The other times we used it without the cell phones, there was no water at all. I had also bought a waterproof camera case that utilized a "ziploc type seal, then roll the seal down and hold it in place with velcro" system which seems a lot more secure against accidental leakages. If you can find a bag that has that system, I would recommend you get that instead.

That said, I liked the fact that this had a belt rather than a lanyard like the other products because we used it while snorkeling and having it around the neck would have been annoying and a hazard.
on January 9, 2009
We got this to take with us when we went snorkeling. It was very durable and didn't leak. When I first ordered it I didn't realize it would be so big. it was a little too bulky for our keys and a few bucks. So, if you are not going to put your passport or other documents in this pack I would recommend to look for a smaller version.
11 comment|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2010
Ok so i purchased this dry pack after reading reviews about how it doesn't work and how it leaks at times and that the directions clearly state not to submerge it into water, even though it advertises that it is completely waterproof. After reading these reviews, I still went for it and this is what i found:

First you have to consider that it is less than a $20 purchase. The product is actually built pretty solid. The quality of the plastic isn't cheap and the nylon belt isn't cheap either. The only component that I'd have any complaint about is the aluminum clip that attaches the bag to the belt. I had a fear that it might open up during my snorkeling sessions so I solved the problem by putting some duct tape around it to make sure it doesn't slip open.

The next fear was the water leaking in. SOLUTION: i put my stuff in a little plastic ziplock and then put it in the bag. Worked like a charm. Yes, the bag leaked a bit at times, maybe a couple of drops, but even if it leaked a lot i was protected. The point of this bag is to serve as a fairly decent waterproof package that you can connect to yourself using the belt. It wasn't too much of a burden for me to just bag my ID, money, coins, passport, etc. in a ziplock and stuff it in the bag. I'm very satisfied with the use i got out of the pack and look forward to using it again.
on January 15, 2010
I had this for just a week when one of the fasteners broke. Even before that, it was very difficult to close.
on May 31, 2008
Product works and works well!! used it on a cruise while doing excursions..snorkeling, swimming, etc and everything remains dry! air tight compartment! love it!
on February 6, 2015
I used this for a total of 14 days on two Caribbean trip where I did a lot of swimming and snorkeling. I traveled alone so I needed something to take my money, car key/condo key and cell phone. This was big enough for all. I found it waterproof. I love the concept-- it's nice to not worry about stuff left on the beach. BUT, the carabiner failed and the pouch fell off while I was snorkeling with my condo key and cellphone in it (just 4 hours from when I needed to be at the airport). The little arm on the carabiner lost it's spring and somehow the pouch came off (see photo).This could have been a very stressful and costly failure.

I didn't notice it had fallen off till I came ashore because while swimming the weight is not noticeable. I was swimming in 50 feet waters over 3 football field size areas. LUCKILY, some honest soul found it in the water near the shore and I happened to ask them if they had seen it. I will use it again BUT with a different locking carabiner. This company should really invest in a better (and locking) carabiner as it is the VERY WEAK LINK in this product (the carabiner failed after 14 uses).
review image
on April 26, 2015
I used this for my money and credit cards to snorkel while on vacation for 3 days, no issues. Money didn't have a drop of water on it. I was even diving a few feet under while snorkeling. On the fourth day, we decided to put a cell phone and wallet in as well. Disaster. Cell phone ruined. The entire bag filled with water. My guess is that the wallet was the problem. Too big/heavy. However, I'll never know. I wouldn't trust this to protect electronics. It does float.
review image review image
on October 30, 2008
Bought this for a couple of cruise excursions. It worked great for a river tube float but when we snorkeled with it it leaked hence wet passports, money, etc.. If you purchase this make sure you test it before you use it!!!!
on March 4, 2012
I needed some waterproof bags for an upcoming snorkeling and diving trip. These bags are advertised as waterproof so I purchased two larger bags (4X6) and a smaller bag. You might say I was surprised when they arrived and I learned they are not waterproof. The instructions clearly point out they are not to be used for below the water surface as they are not truly "waterproof." Rather, they are to used at water's surface. To test them, I put a piece of paper in each of the bags and placed them underwater and left them there for about 20 minutes. When I opened them all, all three pieces of paper were wet and the interiors of the bags were all wet as well. These are not waterproof bags. Do not be mislead by the advertising.