Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2012 2:55:28 AM PDT
kamekkusu says:
Why did they make this for the DS instead of the 3DS? Anybody know? Either way, it still is a cool concept.

Posted on May 3, 2012 9:40:15 AM PDT
OshkoshWhale says:
In Japan this game had been previously released for DS, so this is just the transfer to english for North America market.

Posted on May 3, 2012 4:28:54 PM PDT
L. Lawrence says:
More people own a DS than a 3DS, so releasing games on DS means more people -> more profit. And you can still play DS games on 3DS, so everyone wins and everyone can play the game, as opposed to it being on 3DS, where people with just a DS couldn't play it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 8:14:39 PM PDT
(Dave) says:
While this is true, the 3DS has been out for well over a year. With 3 new pokemon games coming out before the end of the year, non of them could have been converted to 3DS? Eventually Nintendo will have to finally phase the original DS games away. This will eventually force those who want to play the new games to get the new system. Maybe if they had better games for it, people wouldn't still be hugging their DS's and Nintendo wouldn't have reduced the price of the 3DS thanks to poor sales.

It's all a valid formula that the industry uses except Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 6:48:11 PM PDT
And that is entirely why the industry is in the hole that it is.
Maybe some people don't like being forced to shell out for new hardware.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 4:25:21 PM PDT
L. A. REED says:
Nintendo as a company seems to be doing just fine.

They know how many 3DS systems have been sold vs. DS systems sold. That probably has something to do with the lack of games for the 3DS system.

Posted on May 29, 2012 12:49:06 PM PDT
Elyse C says:
This game along with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 are being sold for both systems. I wish other companies would do the same and continue selling their games for both systems. (I'm still kind of ticked about Rune Factory 4 not being released for the DS as well). I personally think Nintendo has shot themselves in the foot for hopping on the 3D bandwagon and forcing companies to make games for that system instead of giving them a choice on selling for both systems. There are 2 games I would love to get a hold of but I am not shelling out 160 bucks for 3DS and then shelling out 60 bucks for the games.

Posted on May 30, 2012 2:20:44 PM PDT
L. Lawrence says:
^Wait, what? 3DS games are $40-$45 maximum (not counting Capcom's previously $50 Resident Evil: Revelations or whatever), which is about $5 more than a DS game. Seriously, Super Mario 3D Land = $39.99 MSRP. New Super Mario Bros. (DS) = $39.99 MSRP. That's just a comparison of the big Mario games, but you get my point. There are also plenty of 3rd party 3DS games for about $25-$30 and less. :) 3DS games are not the same price as PS360/PC games. Plus, the DSi is dropping to $100 or so pretty soon, which makes the 3DS only $60 more than the other models, which is a steal considering all the stuff you get (much, MUCH cheaper than a Vita

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 9:25:27 PM PDT
L. A. REED says:
Again, not everyone wants to purchase every stinkin' system that comes out, just because it's new.

I still have (and use) my old DS system. My kids have DS Lites and they are not getting 3DS systems until they can pay for them. They have dozens of DS games they still enjoy, plus a Wii, Gamecube and N64. Guess which gets the most play? Not the handhelds!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 1:18:28 PM PDT
John C.N. says:
L.A. REED I think Lawrence was just stating that 3DS games do not cost $60 because that is obviously false and just bad exaggeration. As Lawrence said 3DS games are only $39.99 or less and even with tax it doesn't total up to $60. Even Resident Evil:Revelations dropped from $50 to $40 before it was released in most stores. He/She isn't saying that you should all get a 3DS instead, just showing a comparison of the prices between the handhelds because they aren't too far off in price, as well as Elyse having an incorrect view of 3DS game prices. Now if you choose not to get one that's good for you and everybody else. Your now at least $160 richer.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 1:29:48 PM PDT
L. A. REED says:
It gets frustrating when you have kids who think they need the latest and greatest system because it's only X amount of dollars more than the DS.

I hear it from my own children all the time.

To each their own, but unless they are free, it's doubtful my children will get one until they get jobs ;)

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 11:52:09 PM PDT
John C.N. says:
I can sympathize with you. It's hard to tell kids that money isn't easily earned. I am honestly no better because I grew up getting everything I wanted and I still do. But at least now I have an understanding of how hard my parents work to give me the things I want. My dad grew up with little in his country. He shared a bike with his two brothers and three sisters. He shared one Atari with his brothers as well. Today he still has an old box TV with dvd built in but no HD. Instead of getting a current gen TV for himself and my mom he instead got my brother and I a LCD TV one each even though we didn't ask for one. My brother and I don't need to share anything. We have two of each game except for single player because I begged him not to waste the money and told him I would share. I hardly ask him for things now because I realize how costly it is just to raise one child with just the essentials. I keep telling him I'll get a job to support myself and my brother but he refuses and tells me I don't need to do that and he'll support me for everything I need and want until I can finish school and begin my career. My little brother is still young so he doesn't understand yet and I don't blame him. So I never ask for something unless I need it like new shoes because my old ones are tearing badly or money to buy a textbook for a class. At least this way he can afford to keep up with my brother's expenses. I occasionally get something for myself but only when I feel I deserve it. Please excuse the wall of text.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:10:09 PM PDT
J. Evans says:
But there tend to be huge differences in hardware between console generations. The normal game cards for the 3DS are much bigger than the biggest for the original DS, and the graphical capabilities have also improved a lot. Rune Factory 4 is a good example, I'm hoping that it'll be full of animated cutscenes and more voice acting than the previous games, and the graphics will probably (hopefully) be much better. I understand that people can't afford new systems right away, but I don't think a company should hold back a game's potential because of that. I really doubt Nintendo is forcing companies to make games for the 3DS, there are still 3rd party DS games coming out, over a year after the 3DS was released. Companies have just moved to the 3DS because it can do more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:13:16 PM PDT
L. A. REED says:
You make an excellent point.

If Pokemon were made into 3D, that might be enough to persuade people like me to take the leap and get the 3DS system.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:57:43 AM PDT
not everyone wins when we have a 3ds (that is a better system) and they decide to release games on the less powerful system -_-

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:08:28 AM PDT
a.robo says:
that's a reason for other cases, but not this one nor Black & White 2: Conquest was previously released in Japan, just before 3DS was even announced. So there's that. Black & White 2 ppl wanted to make a cheap game with all the resources from the first, rather than crafting a new engine again and only using the B&W engine once.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:22:54 PM PDT
N.L. says:
@ a.robo: That's not even true at all. Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition (the game that we're getting as Pokemon Conquest) was announced in Japan in December 2011, and released in Japan March 2012. The 3DS was released in Japan in January 2011, a full year and two months before Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition. However the game was obviously in development before the 3DS was released (However Tecmo Koei was fully aware of the 3DS, and was developing other games for it, Samurai Warrior Chronicles being a launch title for the 3DS and all.)

As far as Black 2 and White 2 being on the DS to be "cheap". Not quite. While the 3DS and DS are compatible on some levels, Black and White were obviously designed to have sequels, considering the sort of open ending they had. If Black 2 and White 2 were 3DS exclusives, they wouldn't necessarily be able to link properly to Black and White. Not to mention, they never carry a generation to another platform. Gen V is going to be a DS series. Gen VI, when they announce the next set of new Pokemon and all that, THOSE will be on 3DS.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:07:33 PM PDT
J. Lallos says:
why would anyone want this game on the 3DS? so you can pay an extra ten bucks for a 3D opening cinematic and a higher resolution? This game has nothing to offer to the 3DS. the action is on the bottom screen.

And yeah, B&W2 are on DS because theyre Gen. 5 games. We won't see 3DS pokemon probably until 2014 or 2015. Nintendo likes to take time between generations, which is good considering they'll have a lot to do to make the 3DS version a proper 3DS release.

So yeah, to anyone who likes to complain about how games still come out for the DS and not the 3DS, take into consideration that the game couldve been in development for DS already, that the game may not even benefit from being on 3DS, that the publisher wants to make some money, and considering the DS is like, the best selling console/handheld in the world, it only makes sense to put things on it.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:54:09 PM PDT
Nintendo realized that regional coding a handheld is not such a great idea for global sales. This came out month's later after the 3DS was released like early this year.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pokemon Conquest forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  May 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Conquest by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (108)