5.0 out of 5 stars DSC-HX100 - DSC-HX200 adapter is great!
Since the Sony DSC-HX100 and newer model DSC-HX200 camera are not able to screw on filters or add-on lenses this adapter is required and works great.
I wanted to be able to add a fisheye lens on the camera and this adapter fits perfect.
I can only zoom a little with the lens on or with a filter attached but that's okay.
You have an extended barrel that...
Published on April 4, 2012 by J. Maestro

3.0 out of 5 stars Got the product on time. It works as described.
I am keen to buy this product after clear confirmation on the following aspects.

1. That the adapter tube slips on the Sony DSC-HX100V lens barrel.
2. Does the barrel interfere with lens retracxtion when camera is switched off? If Yes, then do I need to remove the adapter tube before switching off the camera?
3. What is the length of the adapter tube...
Published on November 24, 2011 by H. N. Shankar

5.0 out of 5 stars DSC-HX100 - DSC-HX200 adapter is great!, April 4, 2012
This review is from: Sony DSC-HX100 HX100 & HX200 Lens / Filter Adapter Tube 67mm (Electronics)
You have an extended barrel that screws on which allows more telephoto capability but you will want to remove the filter if you want to be able to zoom 30x.
That's okay because without the adapter you have no way to add a lens or filter.
Shopping around found a price of $25.00 and be sure to include the filter adapters since this is 67mm.
I got 2 adapters so I can utilize my 62mm and 58mm mounted filters and lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiwifotos Filter Adapter Sony HX100V, February 17, 2012
SInce the other review listed isn't really a review and
I felt the rating was poorly representative due to the fact
the reviewer rated it low...

Here is mine.

Rather than post a lengthy review I suggest all just read the followups
on that original review asking about this units details and to check these links:
O dear, I just recalled Amazon filter such.

Do a Google search using this term phrase: Sony DSC-HX100 Kiwifotos adapter

Check out the forum post at the top listing (as of my post here) at dpreview site, which
is a great camera forum.
Lots of pictures and discussion there.
[...]
You will also find links to the KiwiFotos manufacturer site with product information and yet more pictures via
that Google search.

I don't know why the vendor listing here on Amazon fails to properly list this item.
It is the Kiwifotos lens adapter. Armed with that anyone interested should be able to find out more about it.

I'll say it is a quality built unit, seemingly from aluminum, has a felt insert in the part
that goes over the Sony's lens adjustment ring and can be tightened via 2 allen socket screws
that are in the adapter sleeve. There was a tiny allen wrench included in the box that mine arrived in. Don't lose it!
No idea if the allen socket screw is metric or not, I would presume metric.

Vendor on Amazon was a tad slow delivering this as it took a solid 7 days to arrive but
within my limit of tolerance.

I also found links to vendors selling via Ebay but the one listed here was about same price. Sadly,
the ebay links actually had more product info than this vendor bothered to put up. Might sell more if they make more effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but...., July 6, 2012
This item works well and beets all the DIY methods on the net. It attaches to the camera on top of the focus/zoom ring. You need to rotate the adapter instead of the ring, which becomes a second nature. A protective film/layer is glued to the part that contacts the camera, so the camera is protected even from the hex screws (Allen wrench included, BTW).
Here is the only unfortunate thing. You have to zoom above 2.2X in order not to get a tunnel in your photos. I still gave it 5 stars as I don't see how that can be avoided with such a wide angle AND long lens that this particular camera has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens adapter tube is awesome, July 22, 2013
This lens adapter tube fit perfectly on my Sony camera. This gave me the opportunity to use a lens hood and filters and even other lenses. This is two tubes in one. With both pieces together you get the full range of he zoom lens (30x). If you use only the bottom half you don't get the tunnel effect below 2x zoom.I would highly recommend this product. I saw reviews for other adapters that would not allow full extension of the zoom lens,

4.0 out of 5 stars Filter adaptor for HX200 works well ---, May 27, 2013
Simple product --- probably too expensive --- you do have to zoom a bit to keep it out of the image. But it allows a filter, provides a sun shade for lens without filter, and does not impede any mechanics of the camera (attaches to the zoom ring).

Also purchased the Polaroid 4-filter set. They work well with the adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
1A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens Filter Adapter, November 27, 2012
I'm glad someone makes an adapter for my camera. It has helped me with all my photo's for work and pleasure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens adapter tube 67MM, November 29, 2012
This product was very easy to install. When the camera is first turned on, it does not zoom all the way out. Your picture would be cut off. You need to zoom, only a little to be able to get pst the tube.

3.0 out of 5 stars Got the product on time. It works as described., November 24, 2011

1. That the adapter tube slips on the Sony DSC-HX100V lens barrel.
3. What is the length of the adapter tube in mms?

Please respond to help me make the purchase decision.
Shankar HN

In response to this request I got some very clear images from the vendor with sufficient guidelies that helped me decide to buy the product. The product's Fit, Finish & Feel are very good. I aalso bought a set each of Step up and step down rings to have the flexibility to fit filters or lenses of any size upto 77mm. I had already bought a 72 mm hood. The combination worked very well with my Sony DSC-HX100V

Rate and Discover Movies