4.0 out of 5 stars Only Complaint Is The Batteries
The 4 stars are for the batteries only, the charger, no problem. I also didn't use the screen protector or lens cleaning cloth.

Published on November 14, 2012 by ron_c

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it shows.
Published on August 19, 2012 by Dwegs

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it shows., August 19, 2012
This review is from: 2 Pack Battery And Charger Kit For Sony DSCRX100, DSC-RX100, DSC-RX100M II, DSC-RX100M III, DSC-RX1, DSC-HX300, DSC-WX300, DSC-HX50V/B, HDR-CX240, HDR-PJ275, HDR-AS15, HDR-AS30V, HDR-AS100V Includes 2 Replacement (1600Mah) NP-BX1 Batteries + Charger (Camera)
This is a pair of batteries that I am using with the Sony RX100. They allow for backup batteries to be charged while the cam is in use, and the batteries themselves are pretty decent so far. Each one has undergone about 3 charges cycles (two for good measure and one for use) so far. They last about the same as the OEM battery, but unlike the OEM, seem to show a full charge till the more or less die. The OEM battery shows the little battery indicator drop more, but gives a better idea of when it will likely die.

Getting these allows me to go shoot about 1k images without needed a recharge (using the 2 that come with this package, and the OEM together). That will probably be great on trips, and for w/end shooting etc.

I gave 5 stars, but if they don't last, will be back to modify that rating.

UPDATE: 2-21-2013

Used them for about two months only to find the charge lasts about 100 shots now. OEM is about 300+ shots per charge. I have since purchased another OEM and am using these as backups/emergency (not much at all).

4.0 out of 5 stars Only Complaint Is The Batteries, November 14, 2012
ron_c (Ennis, Tx USA) - See all my reviews

On my camera, Sony DSC-R100, the batteries do not indicate the remaining charge left in the battery. Both batteries will show full charge until suddenly the Low Battery Indicator shows. At first, I thought it might be because of the 1600Mah rating of the batteries as compared to the stock battery listed as 1240Mah, but I also used the Wasabi batteries, listed as 1240Mah rating, but they also will not show the remaining charge. The stock Sony battery will show 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 charge. I've only seem one other reference of the batteries doing this, so, it might just be my camera and not all cameras. The stock Sony battery, when removed from the camera, will show it has discharged by 1/4 charge when putting back in the camera and has not been used for about a week.

UPDATE: Found a post on a forum about the same thing I experienced about the battery not showing the amount of charge showing on the camera. The poster stated that the indicator on the camera would show full charge until after some use, the first bar would show (indicating 3/4 charge) that it was time to change the battery. So, when the battery indicator shows the first bar there is about 5 minutes left before the Low Battery Warning icon shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great package that completes the RX100 experience, August 22, 2012
I was a little surprise to discover that there is such a package existed after I learnt the Sony RX100, albeit the greatest point & shoot camera ever invented, doesn't come with an out-of-body charger. With RX100's price tag ($648), you'd expect Sony gives you the choice to charge a spare battery while the camera still can be used. Nope, the only option is the USB cable and charge the camera like an iphone, except the battery can be removed from camera.

This kit include two spare battery and a charger can be used in house as well as car, makes it possible to charge RX100 battery the way expected as with any other digital camera. With totally 3 batteries, there is always a spare battery fully charged to keep your RX100 going. I usually go out with at least one spare battery. Admittedly, RX100 battery consumption is not as terrible as for example Canon s100v, in most cases one battery in camera can last a few hundreds picture. But at less than $30, it's no brainer to grab this kit and never have to worry about missing important moment because ... the camera is charging.

Haven't used the screen protector so not going to comment on it, I'd consider this kit is essential to RX100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than OEM, August 29, 2012
I'm only 2 charges in but these batteries seem to last much longer than the CIPA rating for this camera. I took over 300 shots, mostly with fill flash on in bright afternoon light on the beach. The battery still had a few hundred shots left. I don't know if the OEM battery could do as well since I haven't done any direct comparisons but my gut feeling is that this one would outlast the OEM by a bit. The charger works for both the OEM and the included batteries. I have no complaints about this item and I don't think you can go wrong compared to the overpriced OEM version. Butterfly Photo called to ask how the product was working and and to remind me to write this review. I would have preferred to just get an email but I definitely appreciate the service and will gladly buy from them again. The screen protector is generic and you have to cut it out. I did not try it since I have one already. I would rather they included a higher quality, pre-cut protector even if the package costed a bit more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good batteries, lousy charger, January 14, 2013
I ordered this item hoping to have a spare charger for my camera, something I could use for travel and leave the original at home on the desk. I was sorely disappointed in what I received. It gets one star because the batteries are good, otherwise it would be zero stars.

The Good News:
The batteries are of excellent quality, charge quickly and hold a charge well.

The Bad News:
The charger is garbage. It would not charge either of the two batteries that came with it, the battery that came with the camera or another spare battery that I had. I let it try to charge one over night and it still couldn't get the job done. I tried different outlets and still nothing.

I would not even consider buying this item again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars ButtterflyPhoto Ranks Number One through Amazon, October 25, 2012
This review is more about the ButterflyPhoto company. Matt K., Product Support Specialist, of ButterflyPhoto, is the first employee of any company that I have purchased any product from to call me personally to make sure the product they sent to me was ok and if I was satisfied with their service. The price of the 2 Pack Battery and Charger Kit for the Sony Cyber-Shot was the lowest that I found on the internet. The products were quality packaged and ButterflyPhoto really provided fast delivery of these products to me. I have purchased a lot of items through or from Amazon. Through Amazon I have found some of the quality items that I needed at prices that beat any competitor not associated with Amazon. Respectfully, John Wallin

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Pack Battery & Charger Kit, September 6, 2012
Received this product in only a few days, and they actually work better in the DSC RX100 than the original Sony Battery does. I even got a call from company rep, to make sure I was happy with my purchase. Great customer service Butterfly Photo. I just purchased the Camera from Amazon and it has been turning itself off all of the time. It wasn't until I got these replacement batteries that It became obvious that there was/is a connection problem with the OEM battery. I put these new batteries in and have not had any more problems with camera turning off, or not turning on. P.S. Amazon- I love the camera too much to send back for battery problem if that is only problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessories for a Great Camera, August 22, 2012
Sam Kimpton "Geek" (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This kit for the Sony RX100 is a great set of accessories:

* Batteries - 2 extra batteries that are slightly higher-capacity than the battery included with the camera - So far, casual observations during use seem to indicate that the batteries do last longer than the Sony RX100 battery. I can't say for sure if they're actually 1600Mah, but they do work just as well, if not better, than the stock battery

* Battery charger - Why did Sony not include a battery charger with the RX100? This charger will charge the included 1600 Mah battery as well as the one that came with the camera. Charge times are decent. I haven't used the rapid travel charger yet, so I can't say much about it yet.

* Screen Protectors - These are the standard "cut to size" screen protectors - the paper backing is printed with a grid to help you measure the right size before cutting. Application is pretty easy thanks to the included cardboard "squeegee" that helps to press out air bubbles. The screen protector works pretty well...they do get scratched up fairly easily, but this doesn't interfere with viewing much, and better the screen protector gets scratched than the camera's screen!

* Microfiber Cleaning Cloth - Not much to say about this one...does what it's supposed to.

Overall, I'm very happy with this kit, and the price is great! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 pack battery and charger Kit for Sony, May 1, 2014
It charges fast and now I always have a battery ready to go for my camera. I don't know what else to say except that it is fast and good and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars The extra batteries were fabulous to have ready to go as I shot thousands of amazing photos with my Sony camera, July 16, 2014
I ordered this in advance of a three week trip to Morocco. The extra batteries were fabulous to have ready to go as I shot thousands of amazing photos with my Sony camera. I was alwys able to have an extra battery up and ready while another may have been charging. Unlike other trips, I never missed an opportunity to catch a moment with my camera because I was out of power. Also, as I was at time travelling where electricity was not always readily available, knowing I had backup charged batteries was great.