Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 1, 2010
This class really catapulted me from being a lost amateur into a confident photographer capable of taking a good photo in just about any situation. Okello is a very patient teacher. The course gave me a solid understanding of how to manipulate or exploit the available light, which is essentially what photography is all about. You can't expect to be a pro when you leave this or any course, but this really got me started. I get compliments on my photos regularly now. Thanks!
on April 20, 2010
I have been an amateur photographer for many, many years. I finally purchased a DSLR but was reluctant to use any other settings besides "AUTO." Okello's Part I course gave me the courage to use Aperature Priority and to try other ISO settings, etc. I just completed Part II and tried Manual mode, lighting techniques & lots more. I highly recommend this class to everyone interested in digital photography. Okello is a great instructor & knows all the answers!! Don't waste another day....register right now. It's amazing what you'll learn.
on January 19, 2010
Just finished "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode". Great class. A very well spent 4 hours. I've been a photographer since 1966 and was still stuck in 35mm mode. I've now moved on to Digital mode finally, thanks to Okello's workshop.
on August 14, 2010
Took the "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode" and could not have been more pleased. After spending thousands on equipment, this small investment freed me to enjoy, understand and appreciate the capabilities of the camera. I was often shooting in 'Frustration Mode'; I'm now in 'Comfort Mode'.
on February 5, 2014
Great class. It would have been worth the $100 but I'm not sure I would want to pay that (I got a living social deal). That said, it is worth $100 as Okello is willing to answer all questions (both in the large group and one-on-one).
He explains things fairly well--it's one of those things were it's so much information at once that is is hard to process and he moves through it quickly but at least you are not wasting time.
There is no massive sales pitch or attempt to make you buy a bunch of stuff. In the end, I left excited to try new things but not sure if I am ready to make photography an hobby (which is what he is really talking about).
His online classes look great if you couldn't get in for a one-on one seminar. I saw him at the Lenox hotel but I'm sure the venue does not matter in the presentation.
on October 19, 2009
I took the workshop from Okello Dunkley on "Photograpy snf tips on using a DSLR Camera". Great value and he does a good job.
on October 29, 2012
Initially, I didn't expect to learn a lot in a 3-hour class, but was actually surprised after taking this course. I thought this class provided a good solid foundation to beginners in DSLR. What I appreciate best about the class was Okello's numerous examples and his ability to answer just about any question even before they are asked. I definitely got all my questions answered. Furthermore, he was very pragmatic from the beginning to end about practicing. I would recommend this course for beginners and even to those experienced who have switched from the traditional film SLR to DSLR cameras. As an oldie student of film SLR, this was a good refresher for me and I also learned a few new things.
on October 23, 2012
I have been taking photography classes since I was in college 30 years ago and for the first time, I get it! His tip to leave your camera on automatic white balance in all settings was worth the price of the class alone. This is one class to take, even though it's a bit more expensive than some.You will finally learn how to use your aperture!
on July 25, 2011
As someone who knows nothing about photography and has played around with all the manual settings with terrible results, but has fascination and passion for great photography, this class was PERFECT! I've watched lots of you tube videos on the basics, but Okello's class brought them all together for me. Perhaps the best thing I took away from the class is confidence that I now had the tools to figure out how to get the picture I want. I will NEVER go back to auto mode!! I am practicing like crazy with such rewarding results, that I can't wait to take part II. Okello's class is that great photog friend you wish you had, that shares his secrets with you, making you a great photographer too!
on August 4, 2011
Very informative class! I just upgraded to a DSLR camera and I definitely needed some help getting it all figured out. This class helped explain all the essentials so that I can stop relying on the "auto" mode on my camera and really understand how to take better pictures. I would definitely recommend this class to beginners and new DSLR users! Thanks again Okello!