5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Class, March 1, 2010
This review is from: DSLR Workshops - Photography Classes by Okello Dunkley Photography
This class really catapulted me from being a lost amateur into a confident photographer capable of taking a good photo in just about any situation. Okello is a very patient teacher. The course gave me a solid understanding of how to manipulate or exploit the available light, which is essentially what photography is all about. You can't expect to be a pro when you leave this or any course, but this really got me started. I get compliments on my photos regularly now. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous course!, April 20, 2010
I have been an amateur photographer for many, many years. I finally purchased a DSLR but was reluctant to use any other settings besides "AUTO." Okello's Part I course gave me the courage to use Aperature Priority and to try other ISO settings, etc. I just completed Part II and tried Manual mode, lighting techniques & lots more. I highly recommend this class to everyone interested in digital photography. Okello is a great instructor & knows all the answers!! Don't waste another day....register right now. It's amazing what you'll learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars DSLR Camera Workshop, January 19, 2010
mrbilll "unclebilll" (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Just finished "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode". Great class. A very well spent 4 hours. I've been a photographer since 1966 and was still stuck in 35mm mode. I've now moved on to Digital mode finally, thanks to Okello's workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okello Dunkley's DSLR Workshops Are Great!, August 14, 2010
Took the "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode" and could not have been more pleased. After spending thousands on equipment, this small investment freed me to enjoy, understand and appreciate the capabilities of the camera. I was often shooting in 'Frustration Mode'; I'm now in 'Comfort Mode'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo Class, October 19, 2009
Richard B. Lynch "BL" (Ellicott City, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I took the workshop from Okello Dunkley on "Photograpy snf tips on using a DSLR Camera". Great value and he does a good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars TAKE THIS CLASS, YOU WON'T REGRET IT., February 23, 2010
Okello's Part I class is very informative, understandable, and provides an amateur/novice photographer like myself the courage to take my DSLR off of AUTO mode. Okello provides a wealth of information within four hours in a relaxed and fun environment. If you're like me, I highly recommend taking this course which fosters demystifying those buttons and knobs on your DSLR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great--get ready to practice., February 5, 2014
Great class. It would have been worth the $100 but I'm not sure I would want to pay that (I got a living social deal). That said, it is worth $100 as Okello is willing to answer all questions (both in the large group and one-on-one).
He explains things fairly well--it's one of those things were it's so much information at once that is is hard to process and he moves through it quickly but at least you are not wasting time.
There is no massive sales pitch or attempt to make you buy a bunch of stuff. In the end, I left excited to try new things but not sure if I am ready to make photography an hobby (which is what he is really talking about).
His online classes look great if you couldn't get in for a one-on one seminar. I saw him at the Lenox hotel but I'm sure the venue does not matter in the presentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, solid introductory DSLR class, October 29, 2012
Initially, I didn't expect to learn a lot in a 3-hour class, but was actually surprised after taking this course. I thought this class provided a good solid foundation to beginners in DSLR. What I appreciate best about the class was Okello's numerous examples and his ability to answer just about any question even before they are asked. I definitely got all my questions answered. Furthermore, he was very pragmatic from the beginning to end about practicing. I would recommend this course for beginners and even to those experienced who have switched from the traditional film SLR to DSLR cameras. As an oldie student of film SLR, this was a good refresher for me and I also learned a few new things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, October 23, 2012
I have been taking photography classes since I was in college 30 years ago and for the first time, I get it! His tip to leave your camera on automatic white balance in all settings was worth the price of the class alone. This is one class to take, even though it's a bit more expensive than some.You will finally learn how to use your aperture!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great class, very helpful!, August 4, 2011
Nicole S. (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Very informative class! I just upgraded to a DSLR camera and I definitely needed some help getting it all figured out. This class helped explain all the essentials so that I can stop relying on the "auto" mode on my camera and really understand how to take better pictures. I would definitely recommend this class to beginners and new DSLR users! Thanks again Okello!

Rate and Discover Movies