5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Class, March 1, 2010
This review is from: DSLR Workshops - Photography Classes by Okello Dunkley Photography
This class really catapulted me from being a lost amateur into a confident photographer capable of taking a good photo in just about any situation. Okello is a very patient teacher. The course gave me a solid understanding of how to manipulate or exploit the available light, which is essentially what photography is all about. You can't expect to be a pro when you leave this or any course, but this really got me started. I get compliments on my photos regularly now. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous course!, April 20, 2010
I have been an amateur photographer for many, many years. I finally purchased a DSLR but was reluctant to use any other settings besides "AUTO." Okello's Part I course gave me the courage to use Aperature Priority and to try other ISO settings, etc. I just completed Part II and tried Manual mode, lighting techniques & lots more. I highly recommend this class to everyone interested in digital photography. Okello is a great instructor & knows all the answers!! Don't waste another day....register right now. It's amazing what you'll learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars DSLR Camera Workshop, January 19, 2010
mrbilll "unclebilll" (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Just finished "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode". Great class. A very well spent 4 hours. I've been a photographer since 1966 and was still stuck in 35mm mode. I've now moved on to Digital mode finally, thanks to Okello's workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okello Dunkley's DSLR Workshops Are Great!, August 14, 2010
dcmoynihan (Daniel Island, SC, US) - See all my reviews
Took the "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode" and could not have been more pleased. After spending thousands on equipment, this small investment freed me to enjoy, understand and appreciate the capabilities of the camera. I was often shooting in 'Frustration Mode'; I'm now in 'Comfort Mode'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo Class, October 19, 2009
Richard B. Lynch "BL" (Ellicott City, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I took the workshop from Okello Dunkley on "Photograpy snf tips on using a DSLR Camera". Great value and he does a good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to everyone!!, May 10, 2010
I have taken both of Okello's Take Your Camera Off Program Mode workshops: Part 1 and 2. Okello taught the essentials of dslr photography in a very easy to understand format. I appreciate his willingness to answer any and all questions during the classes and how he demonstrates the key concepts with simple, yet informative photo examples. As an instructor, Okello goes the extra mile to ensure you are understanding the material, even making himself available after the class for emails and feedback on your photos. I was so impressed with Okello, I hired him to do a private lesson for my mom, and she is still raving about his instruction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Confused? Beginner? Come here!, January 26, 2011
Okello's part 1 class was fantastic! He is very knowledgeable about photography and cameras. He was able to navigate a room with at least 7 different cameras (brands, models) and had knowledge of them all. Photography is a huge subject and he did his best to give us the most important information we needed. I walked out of there, my brain full,but with much more confidence than I walked in with. He stresses- PRACTICE! And practice is exactly what I'm doing. The more I do, the more the information I received makes sense. Thanks Okello! I can't wait to become more confident so I can sign up for part 2! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Class catapulted my understanding in just 3 hours, January 27, 2011
I was gifted the beginner class "Take your camera off Program Mode" when I received my first DSLR for a Christmas gift. I went in overwhelmed thinking that 3 hours wouldn't be enough time to really start using manual mode, but Okello really breaks down the material well using great examples. My meager photography improved overnight, and I know it will continue to improve as I practice with the new information I now have. The class was well worth my time and money and I really look forward to taking Part II in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars TAKE THIS CLASS, YOU WON'T REGRET IT., February 23, 2010
Okello's Part I class is very informative, understandable, and provides an amateur/novice photographer like myself the courage to take my DSLR off of AUTO mode. Okello provides a wealth of information within four hours in a relaxed and fun environment. If you're like me, I highly recommend taking this course which fosters demystifying those buttons and knobs on your DSLR.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are new to the DSLR world, take this class!, October 3, 2010
I took Okello's class in September 2010, and it was the best thing that I did since getting my camera. This is the first class you should take. I was overwhelmed with all the info available and this class helped me to understand and decifer what I was reading. He even has an assignment for you after you leave the class which helped me even further. Okello is a knowledgeable and patient instructor.