Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DUDE Diary (Coke Or Pepsi? Universe)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Diary|Change

on February 26, 2011
My seven year old son saw this book and asked for it. When it arrived, he was so excited to try out the lock and look through the book right away. The lock comes with two keys, but parents need not worry if those keys get lost because a paper clip or bobby pin would do the trick. Our son thinks it's cool to write his in his Dude Diary and keep his brother out! The drawings and sayings in the book are silly and funny. Questions prompt our junior writer to write his journal entries or just use his imagination - way more fun that writing in a plain notebook with lined paper. This will be a valuable treasure to revisit many years later.
on June 19, 2011
I ordered this for my 9-year-old son, who had been trying to get it at his book fair and it was always sold out. It is one of the only books that he gets excited about. The whole Diary of a Wimpy Kid hype is what this book is all about with him. He likes the fact that it locks and that he has a place to write things down without it being considered a "journal". His review of the book is all that matters. I asked him to rate this book on a 1-5 star scale (5 being the best) and he answered that it's "way above 5!" So there ya go!
on January 4, 2011
My son is 12 yrs old and loves this journal...it starts out with fill in the blanks, such as if you could be a detective who would you be?, then leads into blank pages to write out his day. He loves that the book comes with a lock.
on April 22, 2011
I bought this for my son and after looking through it I think he is going to love it. I has all kinds of creative thinking, writing, and drawing ideas, which makes me love it.
on January 15, 2013
Very good buy! It encourages boys to take the time to journal their thoughts in a fun inovative way. Each page asks questions, has ideas to write about. Most importantly it locks and makes them feel more grown up in their private space.
on April 11, 2011
Bought two of this book. My boys took them on a recent road trip. The book kept them busy for hours. Recommend as a great birthday gift
on November 16, 2015
My 7 year old son LOVES his "dude book." He was especially thrilled with the lock and has no problem handling it by himself. It came with 2 keys so I gave him one and put the other one up in case he misplaced his. It is not blank pages, like a journal or diary. Instead it asks him questions about himself - some of which are just silly. I wanted something to encourage him to "practice" writing each day without it being a chore and this fits the bill perfectly. I don't even have to tell him to do it - it is something he picks up on his own. Perfect for what I needed.
on November 17, 2015
This is a locking diary especially for young boys with prompts on each page to give them ideas of what to write or draw as a record of their young lives, preferences, ideas, and expectations. It was on our nine-year old grandson's wish list and he wasn't disappointed at all. It also gave us a great number of ideas to use when we began journals for all of our grandchildren to practice cursive writing last summer (since it isn't taught in our schools now).
on October 31, 2010
My 7 yr old loves this diary. You fill in the blanks and answer questions. Highly recommend.
My 8 year old daughter has had a blast hanging out with three boys from her class this year. They are great kids and she acts more tomboy to be able to spend time with them. She is not longer interested in anything pink or girly girl.

So when she asked Santa for this for Christmas, she was not surprised when it showed up in her stocking. It has a cool lock and double key set and is filled with fun things to do (for guys - or your tomboy girl).

I think she has loved the concept of having a dude diary more than she has loved using it but she is happy.