Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on November 20, 2012
I suppose I should have given more credence to the previous reviews.

After only a couple weeks, I'm seeing the red flashing light on my smoke detectors indicating the battery is weak. I'm just waiting for the beeps before I change them out. Will probably get that in the middle of the night, right?

I'm sure these batteries would be just fine in a toy for a 2 year old, but I would strongly recommend looking at other sources of 9-volts for any application that depends on a reliable battery. There is a reason these are sold in bulk and are low in price.
on July 10, 2015
Been using ProCell's in wireless mic's/body packs forever and have always had good results. According to the vendor the packaging has now changed. The immediate implication of that is that the batteries, and the box, are yellow. In the past, I think that designated a different line, but the part numbers seem to be the same.

The batteries test out, unloaded, at 9.65V, which is what I'm used to for ProCells. Not sure how much extra that really buys, but can't otherwise complain. More and more of my equipment is on AA or even AAA, so we'll be checking those out soon as well as I have a long history with that line as well.

Small note here to the Amazon packer: not sure what you did as the box was not truly that heavy, and the stuff inside couldn't move, but the bottom of the ProCell box was torn apart and the batteries were intermingled with everything else. It all seems fine battery wise, but should indicate a different packing style. Not a big deal, but also not something I've seen before from Amazon who usually packs things very well. Since the box was pristine, hard to blame this one on the shipper.
on June 26, 2013
Now, these are supposed to be good according to the expiration date. After I replaced my fire detector battery with these the dead battery alarm started going off again in 1 day. I trashed the alarm knowing these were brand new with Exp date 2016. Then I put one in a clock radio, no go. ALMOST trashed the clock radio but figured I better test the battery first. Sure enough, NO CHARGE on any of these!
on January 15, 2013
I use these in microphone transmitter packs, for about 3 hours a week, and each battery lasts about a month. These batteries keep lasting a fair time after the transmitter starts to read a low battery signal, which gives plenty of time to change a battery when it is convenient.
on October 25, 2013
Since we should be changing our smoke detector batteries soon (daylight saving time), I thought I'd throw my 2-cents into the mix. I do not use these Duracell Procell 9V for any electronics in a heavy-setting like a band or church services, but still thought that the price was good and I hated spending so much in the regular retail stores and felt these would be fine for the smoke/carbon monoxide detectors in the house.

Again - if you use these heavily and plan on switching out for new batteries every few daysweeks/months - then you will have a fast turnover and the shelf-life won't matter so much; but for us home-users, please note that the date on the pack of batteries I received said 2016. That feels a little short to me (I believe another review mentions this too) as far as the 'good by' date. Compare that with packs of Duracell AAAs and AAs that I just bought from a big box store - the dates on those packs were 2022 and 2023, so I'm not sure if these Procells just have a shorter life in general or if the ones I received have been sitting in a warehouse for several years. I'm not saying this 2016 dates hurts their effectiveness (I've had no devices fail on me since these batteries were put in a few weeks ago), but just mentioning in case another homeowner sees these and thinks he/she can just save them on a shelf to use over the next 3-4 years.
on December 15, 2012
Five days order to delivery. Best Sell date March 2016. 9.68 volts initial open circuit voltage. The PROCELL spec is identical to the CopperTop. What more could you want? For those who claim they didn’t last long in their smoke detectors, most of the time the smoke detector squeals the battery is still good but the low current the detector draws is not enough to keep good contact with the battery. Try cleaning the contacts on the battery and smoke detector. I have had batteries in smoke detectors for over five years that are still in good condition. The smoke detectors squeal every now and then till I clean the contacts. Maybe time will show something different but they certainly look good.
on June 30, 2011
We have a wireless handheld microphone and an under the ear wireless headset microphone which run on 9volts. We tried Duracell regular, Energizer regular and Max, Ray-o-vac's top battery, generics and about anything else we could find. We use the sound equipment every Sunday for our three church services of about an hour each.

The handheld has a total use of about 25 minutes each Sunday and the under-the-ear set used about 70 minutes.
Both units had to have their batteries replaced every single Sunday. Sometimes the over-the-ear wouldn't make it through all three services.

That is until we found the Duracell PROCELL. These little babies are great! We are averaging 2.5 - 3.5 Sundays with each battery. This is HUGE. Just to clarify, instead of replacing 9volt batteries every week, we are doing it every 3 weeks instead! These things are just great.

I have no idea why they last so long with our electronics, but not one other brand/battery comes anywhere close.

If you have electronics that run on 9-volt, do yourself a favor and try this out once - test it with your equipment. The price is great! The quality is great! What are you waiting for?
on August 20, 2012
Just ordered these (and got them really fast-- thanks, Bargain Gal!). They are dated March 2016. All twelve pieces tested at 9.71 or 9.72 V. All pieces look servicable, though their box opened up en route. They definitely all tumbled around, and quite a few are scratched, but that's really a non-issue so long as they work. All plastic caps were still affixed, and no other signs of problems yet.

For the price, I'd buy 'em again!

(will update if changes...)
on September 2, 2012
I need a lot of 9v batteries for work and after researching other online stores, big box stores and outlets, I found that Amazon had the best price. These batteries are well reviewed everywhere and the "best by" dates of the ones I purchased in 2012 are 2015.
on June 18, 2013
But I will just be straight up with you guys. I work at a shop, and ever single one of our multi meters and ammeters uses a 9v battery. That adds up to about 11 devices. And out of those 11, 5 of them are always left on by forgetful mechanics. So in short, we go through a lot of 9 volt batteries, and we need them to last as long as possible. These batteries seem to fit the bill perfectly. Not only do they come in packs of 12, they are incredibly high quality and easy to store. They even come with a plastic cap over the terminals, so there is no risk of the batteries discharging during storage. They last a long time in multi meters, but if they are left on for hours on end, thankfully we have more on the shelf ready to replace them. Overall, they're a quality, durable battery for an incredibly low price.