Customer Discussions > Metallica forum

DVD Audio

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2006 5:57:23 PM PST
This is the DVD-Audio version of the Black Album but no-one writing a review about it seems to realize this. They appear to be too distracted by the love/hate war surrounding the "sellout album". This however is not the burning question but rather; how does it sound in 5.1? Anybody out there realize that this is something new and able to comment on it? I would much appreciate it.
Thanks, Tim

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2006 10:17:40 AM PDT
Hello Tim, sorry my english is not good.

Im writing from Mexico City, and i was looking for some answers about this DVD Audio Album, but no one write about it, do you know something, how does it sound, is so much better than the cd audio album. Please if you know tell me about it.

Bye.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2006 1:15:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2006 11:33:59 AM PST
A-ha fan says:
Hi,
I am waiting for this DVD -Audio in few weeks and will respond to you shortly after that.
Regards,
Darius
Well, I finally got it. Unfortunately, I am not impressed - to much noisy, not clear sound, no satisfaction at all. Better save money for cd. Sad but true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2006 5:45:23 PM PST
B. Janes says:
The album sounds awesome in 5.1, if you have the correct 5.1 set up and a good subwoofer, this album kicks, wait untill you hear Enter Sandman through 5 speakers, when it kicks in or Of Wolf and Man, the guitars sound alot heavier then the cd. An added bonus is a clip form the Classic Albums dvd for the Black album

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2007 9:41:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2007 9:43:22 PM PST
Klejner says:
I just wrote a review for the DVD-Audio back on the main page.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2010 11:28:24 PM PDT
Dennise says:
Are you sure you selected Dolby 5.1? Check the manual in your receiver, and make sure that it's set right. As long as your speaker placement is correct and you have selected the stereo version of this album; the CD only puts out 44.1/16 resolution. DVD-Audio is almost always 192/24 in stereo. If you're listening in surround; the center channel should be at 0 degrees, the left and right at 30 degrees apiece, and the rears at 90 or 120 degrees, depending on whether you have 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1. With the exception of ICP's "Shangri-La" every DVD-Audio I've ever encountered blows CD quality by at least double. I know it's been four years but try again; "Peace Sells..." is another great metal surround mix; actually the greatest.

Posted on May 22, 2010 11:39:14 PM PDT
Dennise says:
Looking back it seems like most artists made one DVD-Audio or SACD (a few did both) with either their favorite album or; most likely; their biggest. As far as rock Elton John and Dylan are the only two I can think of that pretty much put out EVERYTHING (both on SACD except "..Yellow Brick Road which is on both formats).
Anyway, The Back One was our first DVD-Audio-my wife sat next to the right rear speaker and flipped out when he whispered "never, never land". The 2 best DVD-Audio surround mixes lately to me are "Peace Sells..." (The vocals on the "Conjuring"...evil) and "Fragile" by "Yes". Oh and "Brain Salad Surgery" by ELO.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 3:04:21 PM PST
>""Brain Salad Surgery" by ELO."

I think you mean ELP.

Metallica is selling this DVD-Audio on their website for $18.99.

http://www.metallica.com/products/metallica-the-black-album-dvd-audio.asp

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2013 10:26:48 AM PDT
spectre88 says:
Thumbs up for pointing that out Rushead. I'll pick it up there!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metallica forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metallica
Metallica by Metallica (Audio CD - 1991)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,543)