Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2010 5:28:46 AM PDT
JCF says:
I have the old collection and each movie came with its own dvd case and poster movie art. are the the dvds in the new box in dvd cases or like the ultimate matrix collection (2009)?

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 10:06:21 AM PDT
compsciguy says:
The product picture for the new set seems to feature just the DVDs, without the cases. The Alien Quadrilogy was also like this.

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 10:08:49 AM PDT
Alex Faber says:
I haven't seen the 2010 version of this box set either, so I can't help you JGF, but I'll join you in asking the peeps here if they can illuminate how everything is packaged. It'd be nice if this information was in the recent reviews, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 10:53:53 AM PDT
JCF says:
I checked walmart site and dvdtalk, no one answer and the site itself the description of the new set is very repetitive or vague. I don't know if is should save $$ buying freddy vs jason because i own the older box set.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 11:02:17 AM PDT
JCF says:
yeah, i remember the picture from aliens quad and it was similar and V: tv series the dvds in the picture looks the same way, it's that the case i think i will pass this box set, the dvd cases of the old box are cardboard cases but at least the discs are protected and they come with the movie artwork.

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 8:44:05 PM PDT
Michael says:
The new set is similar to the latest Ultimate Matrix Collection set: they put the dvd's in one big dvd case about the size of two dvd cases. Much more compact, more convenient in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2010 5:31:32 AM PDT
JCF says:
That sucks then because the way ultimate matrix was arranged it was not good, mine arrived scratched. I tried to see if a local store have the movie to see but not a damn store carries it. Thank for your reply, is appreciate.

Posted on Apr 26, 2010 8:26:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2010 8:38:02 PM PDT
Michael says:
I got both of my Matrix and Nightmare On Elm Street collections at Barnes & Noble. Both of them were perfect, no scratches. Try to get it there if you can.

Posted on May 21, 2010 9:08:28 AM PDT
compsciguy says:
If you want this set just for Freddy vs. Jason, save your money! The one in this set is just the first disc. The original release had the second disc loaded with more special features! Get that instead of getting this set, which appears to have all the DVDs grouped together in one big case.

Posted on May 21, 2010 10:02:00 AM PDT
JCF says:
thanks, i will buy F vs J alone then.

Posted on May 30, 2010 7:52:45 PM PDT
Alex Faber says:
I finally broke down and bought this set, and Michael and Card Recipient were right: this has all 8 discs collected into one oversized plastic DVD case, about the size of 2 regular DVD cases. Nightmare 1-7 are from the individual standard DVD releases (the ones with the red framing around the artwork), and FvJ is just the 1st disc from the 2-disc FvJ DVD release.

One good point is that the DVD case is then situated inside a thick slipcase, with metallic embossed print. Very nice looking.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2010
Latest post:  May 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (New Line Platinum Series)
The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (New Line Platinum Series) by Heather Langenkamp (DVD - 1999)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (511)